Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Large Breed Dog Food, 26.4-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A veterinary-exclusive diet made with potato and whitefish for large breed dogs over 55 lbs with food sensitivities.
- Complete and balanced diet that can be used for elimination diet trials and long-term nutrition.
- Supports joint health with glucosamine, chondroitin, and essential fatty acids.
- Promotes healthy skin and a shiny coat with EPA and DHA, omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil.
- Exclusive kibble shape and size adapted for a large breed dog’s jaws and teeth.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary UC Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$86.99Chewy Price$82.64Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Dental Medium & Large Breed Dry Dog Food, 7.7-lb bag$44.99Chewy Price$42.74Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 7.7-lb bag$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Skin Support Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein PS Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Early Cardiac Dry Dog Food, 7.7-lb bag$50.99Chewy Price$48.44Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Weight Control Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 7.7-lb bag$37.99Chewy Price$36.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 24.2-lb bag$131.99Chewy Price$125.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Dental Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Puppy Gastrointestinal Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$56.99Chewy Price$54.14Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet GI Gastrointestinal Support Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$22.94Chewy Price$31.78List Price$21.79Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Potato, Fish Meal, Coconut Oil...||New: Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal...||Powdered Cellulose, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn...||Corn, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat...||Brewers Rice, Fish Meal, Brown Rice...|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Special Diet||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free||High-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||High-Protein, Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Low-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Seafood & Fish|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Weight Management||Weight Management||Kidney Care, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
29 Customer Reviews
Amazing product our dogs love it and we immediately saw a difference in the amount of DeFi cation half the amount which means there absorbing the food better!!!
I really like this food so far! My Bernese has a sensitive tummy and skin so this has been great dealing with that! He also loves the taste of it! But the bag is just SO SMALL for a large breed.. 109 bucks is extremely pricey for a bag of food so I just wish this bag lasted us longer than a few weeks :/ I don’t know why they make it smaller than normal bags of food when it’s catered for big breeds. Just wish it was more affordable OR a bigger bag for the price. But the quality is good so far dealing with his coat
Happy Dog, Happy Mom!!!!!!
My doggie, Deuce, loves this food. I was so skeptical, but he woofs it down in minutes. I love Chewy!
A miracle for IBD
My Portuguese Water Dog, Echo, has Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Getting her stable has been a bit of a nightmare, both for her and for her human caretakers! We have tried several other Rx foods, but this one is the final ticket, all of her symptoms have subsided. So grateful for this food, and it’s worth every penny!
Fish/Potato Dog Food
My dog has allergies for which I've been giving her the Royal Canin KO (kangaroo/oat) diet. Probably due to coronavirus hoarding, Chewy was out of that, so I agreed with my vet that the PW (potato/whitefish) diet might be the next best bet. My dog likes it just fine, and she does not seem to be manifesting allergic symptoms (it's been over a week), so I would recommend it as a backup to the KO diet.
Newfie Allergy Nightmare
I'm a part-time vet tech, and about 6 months back I adopted a 9 year old Newfoundland in bad shape. Double, chronic ear infections, oozing hotspots everywhere, wheezing/ragged breathing, and a dull, dirty coat; I honestly didn't know how long this guy was going to last. First I got the poor dude cleaned up; gentle bath and ear flush, then a around of antibiotics. I wasn't going to waste this dog's time trying to figure out what he was possibly allergic to, so I had my vet run a full blown allergy panel; expensive, but worth every penny. Allergic to every grass, weed, tree pollen known to man? Check. Dust mites? You bet. But the Food allergy panel was the kicker; Milk, Pinto Beans, Kangaroo, Venison, BEEF, Flaxseed, DRIED BEET PULP, and RICE. WHAT?? So basically any ingredient in any dog food made for a large to giant breed dog. And he is. 150 lbs. Luckily, I can count on Royal Canin to have their large breed selected protein formula in white fish. I cried tears of joy. I immediately got him on this food, which he took to with glee (I could hardly get him to eat the grocery store brand his previous owners sent with him), and after the course of antibiotics, I have kept him on a low, continual dose of allergy medication, with additional fish oil supplements and a joint supplement. He's a completely different dog. His skin and coat are beautiful, his ears are all cleared up, his breathing has drastically improved (but only after we went to the cardiologist and found out there was nothing wrong with his heart - another expense), but most importantly he has become such a HAPPY dog! He goes running and bouncing around the yard when before he would barely move. He readily gets into the car to go to work with me and is now the clinic greeter, when before he would sulk in the darkest, coldest areas away from everyone. And I really wouldn't be able to have such success with him if not for this food, which allows me to keep the medications at a low dose!
Had to switch recently as the kangaroo based Royal Canin Veterinary Diet food was not available. Still transitioning with some of the kangaroo food, but Cooper loves this new protein food! Having no issues!
Highly Recommend - PR/PV/PW Kibble Size included
Our boy Cash is on Royal Canin select protein due to multiple issues (IBD, chicken allergy & diabetes. We have changed from rabbit to venison to whitefish over the last 1 yr 9 mo. Currently he is on the moderate PW and doing well. I have attached a pic of kibble size since that is a common question. Thank you Chewy Team for your stellar customer service and always asking how the boys are doing.
What's not to love?
My dog has allergies to chicken and other 'hot' foods causing him to lick and itch. My vet recommended Royal Canin PW (potato & whitefish) and for the last 2 years this has been working beautifully for him. I just recently began using Chewy and with 24/7 customer service, lower prices, free shipping and speedy delivery, what's not to love?
So far so good
I have spent a year testing foods for my American Bulldog who has horrible allergies.. So far this Dog food is best but I have only have puppy food. I mix Primal Goats Milk with it and give him Fish oil and Vitamin C so far so good! I will post a review back in a few months when I see more results. Wish it wasn't so expensive but I would do anything for my dogs! writing this while eating Ramen Noodles... haha jk...kinda