Shapley's Original M-T-G Mane Tail Groom Horse Solution
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This unique solution is recommended by veterinarians for the regrowth of horses' hair in areas of loss.
- M-T-G has successfully treated rain rot, dew poisoning, scratches, mud fever, greasy heel, sweet itch, girth itch, itchy skin, dandruff and tail rubbing, and it’s also been used on thrush and white line disease.
- It works by drying up the affected area so it can begin to heal.
- Results can be seen as soon as the next day, and you’ll see visible hair growth in three to five days.
- Has also been proven to add volume and length to mane and tail hair—as much as three inches per month.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Martin's Permethrin 10% Multi-Purpose Horse Insecticide, 32-oz bottle$20.29Chewy Price$19.28Autoship Price
- Happy Horse Biting Insect Relief Horse Ointment, 6-oz jar$12.49Chewy Price$11.87Autoship Price
- Curicyn BodyGuard Fly, Flea, Tick & Insect Repellent Horse Spray, 1-gal bottle$59.95Chewy Price$64.99List Price$56.95Autoship Price
- Fiebing's Flyspray 44 Repellent Insect Spray for Horses, 32-oz bottle, bundle of 2$63.98Chewy Price$60.78Autoship Price
- FORCE Opti-Force Sweat Resistant Fly Horse Spray, 1-gal bottle$68.99Chewy Price$73.49List Price$65.54Autoship Price
- Pro Force Equine Fly Mask, 2 count$30.50Chewy Price$33.99List Price
- Farrier's Wife Stop the Stomp Natural Pest Repellant Horse Spray, 32-oz bottle$21.86Chewy Price$24.20List Price$20.77Autoship Price
- EQyss Grooming Products Barn Barrier Natural Fly Repellent Horse Spray, 1-gal bottle$72.99Chewy Price$69.34Autoship Price
- Absorbine Veterinary Sore Muscle & Joint Pain Relief Horse Liniment Gel, 3-oz tube$5.99Chewy Price$6.99List Price$5.69Autoship Price
- Absorbine Veterinary Topical Analgesic & Antiseptic Horse Liniment, 16-oz bottle$13.94Chewy Price$18.59List Price$13.24Autoship Price
- Absorbine Veterinary Sore Muscle & Joint Pain Relief Horse Liniment Gel, 12-oz$13.99Chewy Price$19.29List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- Starbar Quikstrike Fly Scatter Bait, 1-lb can$15.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||N/A||N/A||Active ingredients: Port Orford Cedar Oil - 1% Citronella Oil - 0.5%, Peppermind Oil - 0.3%, Other: Water...||Active Ingredient: Glycerine 99.5% USP (kosher)||Safflower Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter...|
|Health Feature||Itch & Redness Remedy||Itch & Redness Remedy||Skin & Coat Health||Skin & Coat Health||First Aid, Itch & Redness Remedy, Skin & Coat Health|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
30 Customer Reviews
Came half empty
Bottle came half empty, the seal was not broken and there was none spilled in the box.
More than just grooming
This is way more than a grooming product. It heals so many skin diseases and stops the mites from irritating their tails and manes. And it's very soothing on the sores from fly bites in their ears. Shake it really really well to get all the settlement off the bottom of the bottle into the lotion every time you use it.
So far, so good
Bought this for a grey horse whose tail was really bad from ticks this summer. He lives out at night and they pick on him in particular. He had terrible serum build up, lost hair and all the crusty crud throughout. He would stand in his stall and rub on his screen. We started by washing with Betadine soap, then left betadine solution on for a couple days, waiting for this product to arrive. Used it liberally on the spots along his dock, then massaged it in throughout his tail to condition the hair. Within a couple of days of Betadine scrub washing, followed by using the MTG, it's been an incredible difference. His skin is clean, no longer with serum, not irritated and the hair has lost the crud and is soft, easy to manage. I thought we'd have to shave his dock to get him back on a healthy path, but with MTG, the fix was fast. I started using this on another horse who has rain rot, looking forward to seeing his improvements too.
It just works!
I love MTG, it is a great product for skin funk (rain rot, scratches, etc) and hair growth. I use it on both dogs and horses and love the stuff.
Best product for fungus on legs. Shake well. Wear gloves due to the sulfur smell remaining on your hands.
Tried and true
This product is so useful for all kinds of issues like scrapes and places where hair has been rubbed off. Doesn't smell great but when your horse rubs the tops of their tails or some pasture mate has scrapped a spot of your horse's beautiful coat, this will facilitate new hair growth. This product has been around for generations and there's a good reason why. It works! Always good to have around.
This is a quality product for a fair price. It works as promised.
For my horse
This is a great product and worked to stop the itching on my horse's tail head. I used it on the tail and put a few drops down the tail bone every few days and the hair grew back full. I started using it on the mane the same way. I have used it when the horse gets a scrape and I put a few drops on that area once it is healed over and it seems to be a big help in growing the hair back.
Wow, new use!
My rescue had a bad case of mud fever/scratches, on one of his legs, all the way up his pastern into his fetlock. Nothing else I tried seemed to make a dent. Started soaking the area once a day with MTG, and began seeing results withing 48 hours. It has taken a month, but now almost completely healed.
Love this stuff!
I've used this for a number of skin issues for my horse. Ordered this latest bottle for rain rot. One application and it's gone. Plus, his coat is nice and soft. One recommendation: be sure to wear gloves while you're working it into the horse's coat -- it will keep your hands from smelling.