SunGrow Betta Fish Indian Almond Leaves, Water Conditioner & Tank Treatment for Freshwater Aquarium
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Organic Catappa leaves that provide your aquarium with all-natural benefits. Rich in tannin and humic acids for the right pH level and adds beneficial minerals to your tank.
- Acts as a supplement for your underwater buddy’s diet and can also be nibbled on. Forms makeshift shelters for fishes to sleep under and are great nests for eggs to latch onto.
- Ideal for soft water or blackwater fish such as Bettas, Corys, Plecos and all species of shrimp. Catappa leaves release tannins into the water, which are good for the health of aquatics.
- Tannins deliver antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, and algaecidal properties, which can help prevent and treat existing infections and parasites in an aquarium, such as Fin Rot, Pop-Eye, and even Ich or Velvet and more.
- Tropical fish use a floating leaf or a plant to anchor their bubbles, creating bubble nests. Simply add these leaves and watch your breeding tetra, guppy, platies, molly, cichlids or shrimp anchor their eggs!
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Otterly Pets Aquarium Plants, 8 count$10.87Chewy Price$17.87List Price
- SunGrow Betta Fish Hideout Cave, Decoration for Aquarium & Gecko Tank$7.30Chewy Price$9.99List Price$6.93Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Floating Betta Log$5.99Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- Zoo Med Ceramic Betta Log$5.99Chewy Price$7.64List Price
- Underwater Treasure Mangrove Root Fish Aquarium Plant$24.99Chewy Price
- Zoo Med Betta Bed Leaf Hammock$2.51Chewy Price$5.99List Price
- Marineland Bamboo for Aquariums & Terrariums, 3-ft$11.36Chewy Price$13.29List Price
- Underwater Treasure Mangrove Root Fish Aquarium Ornament$27.39Chewy Price$32.99List Price
- Zoo Med Mopani Wood Aquarium Decor, Medium$10.37Chewy Price$13.99List Price
- Penn-Plax Betta Multi-Color Aquarium Plants, 6 count$2.99Chewy Price
- Galapagos Aquarium Sea Glass, 4-lb bag, Atlantic Mix$14.99Chewy Price
- Current USA Fountain Grass Aquarium Plant, Green/Orange$14.95Chewy Price$16.95List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Betta, Goldfish, Cichlid, Tropical Freshwater, Koi & Pond Fish||Betta, Goldfish, Cichlid...||Betta||Betta||Betta|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater||Freshwater||Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
40 Customer Reviews
Not just for betta's
I got these coz I heard shrimp love to pick off the biological stuff and they have been. I have 4 fish tanks all with shrimp . I guess it's a type of food too I'm happy my ghost shrimp are happy as they are pets not food for other fish and they live in harmony with all
Wow these are BIG!
Each leaf is bigger than my hand! A pack lasted me a good while in my 5gal tank. WELL worth the cost considering the price of a bottle of almond leaf extract or a bag of the tiny leaves they sell in stores.
Totally misleading, $9 for 10 medium size leaves. The description said 1 lb. It was less than 1 oz. that with the packaging. Nowhere does it say 10 leaves. I would not recommend this or purchase again.
Keeping freshwater fish heathy
I've been keeping fish as a hobby for over 45 years. I just love this product. It keeps the diseases away and the fish love them.(sailfin mollies, koi swordtails, guppies) and it's a great hiding place for the fry. I keep all fry in the tank with the adults and they survive without a problem.
Exactly what I needed
I'm surprised by the bad reviews I kept seeing, this is a steal! The leaves are huge and it comes with multiple. My betta Ziggy perked right up after putting these in his tank and I also love the look it gives his home! Highly recommend!
Betta boy loves these leaves! We set one end of a leaf on the top of his favorite plant and the other end of the leaf on his floating log in the corner like a canopy and he just loves it!
Does not work
I was excited to see such a large leaf. I figured my betta could also rest on the leaf or mess around with it when bored. 48 hours after I placed it in my betta's 5gallon tank...nothing. No change in the water at all. My local pet stores have always carried much smaller versions of this product and I've seen the leaves start to alter the water within an hour. I don't know what is happening with this product but it is a BIG BUST.
Derby loves it
The tanins this product added to the water has made my betta Derby a very happy fish.
Made my shrimp very happy!
Wow! I heard all the hype about these but didn’t realize just HOW MUCH shrimp love them. I have a new little 5.5 gallon shrimp tank setup and I really want my shrimp colony to survive and do well so I thought I’d get some of these after hearing how great they are for shrimp. My shrimp went from acting sort of listless and inactive to being super happy little shrimp within hours of sticking one of these bad boys in there! And they’ve been busy grazing all over the place and generally just doing their happy little shrimp thing ever since. So glad I got these!
We LOVE these!!
These are the best! There is always one in my Bettas tank. Super beneficial for my boy. He had fin rot and these helped grow his fins back.