Sweet Meadow Farm Premium Timothy Pellets Adult Guinea Pig Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This high-quality, premium feed is specifically formulated to support the nutritional needs of your adult guinea pig.
- Made with fiber-rich timothy hay, which helps maintain the health of your pal’s digestive system.
- Low in protein and calcium, which is important for older, less active guinea pigs.
- Contains stabilized vitamin C—an essential daily nutrient with a longer shelf life.
- Hand-packed and quality tested at a small family farm in the northeast.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Vitakraft Vita Smart Complete Nutrition Premium Fortified Blend with Added Vitamins Hamster Food, 2-lb bag$8.49Chewy Price$9.49List Price$8.07Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Timothy Pellets Adult Rabbit Food, 8-lb bag$11.59Chewy Price$11.01Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Original Blend Pellets Guinea Pig Food, 10-lb bag$12.09Chewy Price$11.49Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Alfalfa Hay Small Pet Food, 9-lb box$24.99Chewy Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Small Pet Select Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food, 10-lb box$30.23Chewy Price$34.99List Price$28.72Autoship Price
- Oxbow Garden Select Mouse & Young Rat Food, 2-lb bag$7.64Chewy Price$8.99List Price$7.26Autoship Price
- DealVitakraft Vita Smart Complete Nutrition Premium Fortified Blend with Timothy Hay Guinea Pig Food, 4-lb bag$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
- Oxbow Garden Select Young Guinea Pig Food, 4-lb bag$11.47Chewy Price$13.49List Price$10.90Autoship Price
- Versele-Laga Nature Forage Blend Grain-Free Rabbit Food, 3-lb bag$12.68Chewy Price$15.85List Price$12.05Autoship Price
- Versele-Laga Nature Forage Blend Grain-Free Plus Vitamin C Guinea Pig Food, 3-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Sweet Meadow Hay Small Pet Food, 20-oz bag$5.85Chewy Price$5.56Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Timothy Hay Organic Small Pet Food, 20-oz bag$6.09Chewy Price$5.79Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Timothy Grass Hay, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings...||Timothy Grass Hay, Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Hulls...||Sun-Cured Timothy Grass Hay, Wheat Middlings, Ground Wheat...||Ground Timothy Grass Hay, Soybean Hulls, Dehulled Soybean Meal...||Sun-Cured Timothy Grass Hay, Wheat Middlings, Ground Wheat...|
|Food Form||Pellets||Pellets||Hay||Dry Food||Pellets|
|Small Pet Type||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig||Guinea Pig|
|Health Feature||—||—||Dental & Breath Care||—||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health|
|Special Diet||—||—||Sensitive Digestion||—||High Fiber|
Questions & Answers
6 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
35 Customer Reviews
I've been buying this bag for my guinea pigs for a while now and they love it. I used to buy Oxbow but was becoming pricey for us. I have 9 piggies total so it's easier to buy larger quantity and cutting the price vs buying a 10lb bag without having to cut out the necessary nutrient they require.
Great First Impression
I just recieved the pelletts yesterday. Cleaned cages today. Added the new pelletts. My piggies went right for them. They love em as far as I can tell. The pelletts are bigger which is nice. They look clean. I'll have to added another review later once I see how it goes for a week. The price is amazing.
Best pellets I've found!
Guinea pig owners, especially owners of multiple pigs, know there is no rhyme or reason what a pig likes. Having 8, I was driving myself bonkers mixing different brands to make sure all 8 of my pigs would eat pellets. To my absolute shock and delight, ALL 8 of my pigs love these pellets and I love how healthy they are for them! No more of them holding out for something better or giving me "the look" lol. Thank you Sweet Meadow Farms for making a healthy, high quality, very reasonably priced pellet food AND for making pellet feeding time so much easier on me!
My Piggie Likes It
I was a little unsure because she had only ever eaten the food that they fed her in the pet store. She eats this just fine and the price is right!
Good product worth price
it got delivered at the wrong door but other than that it was a great buy.
Perfect Pellets for Pigs
I’ve experimented with all sorts of pelleted food for my girls, from Kaytee to Oxbow, and this is their all time favorite! On top of that, it’s made with high quality ingredients and couldn’t be a better pelleted food for them to supplement their hay and greens.
Piggies love this
My 3 female Guinea pigs are crazy over this stuff. Was sad when KMS Hayloft pellets were no longer available. My girls always have Oxbow and another pellet bowl available. Well they have been cleaning this bowl out. Not sure why they are going crazy over these pellets but I will definitely be purchasing again
I wanted to address a few things about these pellets and Sweet Meadow Farms in general. A few reviews I’m seeing are simply false or concerning to see. 1. Sweet Meadows Farm is in Sherborn, Massachusetts. They have been running for over 25 years producing hay and feed. They also have a shop there, horseback lessons and other animals for visits. This is a family run farm. Their contact numbers are active, you can call to schedule lessons or even just ask questions about their products or what would be best for the animal you have. Hundreds of breeders across New England use them. 2. Their pellets are amazing quality. No additives, dyes or fatty treats. The Timothy hay used is top quality. If you took these ingredient for ingredient next to oxbow you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. Never has their been any issue with pigs and these pellets. Only in the recent few years have they been made available through Chewy, but they’ve been making and selling these for many many more. 3. The review of “buyers beware” is alarming. Firstly, I don’t know which “breeders” you’re speaking to that are having the same issue but that’s simply false. Secondly, if you are losing that many pigs suddenly and you’re unaware as to why, you shouldn’t automatically blame the pellets. It was just winter time, where guinea pigs are most prone to get sick. Please, you should bring the bodies to the vet and have autopsies done to properly determine why they passed. Sounds to me like a RI outbreak, and since you’re breeding you have lots of pigs together and it spread quickly. Or a bacterial outbreak is possible as well. This year has been difficult for them. Try adding in a vitamin supplement in the winter months as well. Some breeders I know have been buying these pellets close to 10-15 years now and have NEVER had an issue. 4. Lastly, I noticed a couple people seemed concerned with those little tiny pieces of what seems like corn in with their pellets. It is not corn, do not worry. If it bothers you, just pick out the piece you find once in a great while. All that is, is *wheat middlings*. You’ll find it as the 3rd ingredient. They’re good for protein, fiber, phosphorus and other nutrients. It’s in a lot of our food too. Usually they get ground down into the pellet with the other ingredients. Once in a while a lil piece of it slips through. Perfectly fine and safe. For reference, I’ve had guinea pigs for 8 years now. As well as lots of other animals. Currently I have 14 pigs, 9 haired and 5 skinnies. I’ve cut myself off from accepting more rescues (can’t help but feel bad for them and they’re just so adorable). No issues with any of them on this food. They all love it. Even picky eaters love it!
Bag ripped open
The bag was ripped open, pretty big hole, my hand can fit in, and the pellets poured out all in the box and coming out of the box.
Nice pellets for picky guinea pigs
I've been searching for a timothy pellet low in calcium to feed an elderly guinea pig with a history of kidney stones, but both my pigs are very picky. They seem to like these pellets pretty well and will actually eat them (possibly because one of the ingredients is molasses). Will buy more!