Van Ness Extra Giant Long Handled Litter Scoop
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Ideal litter scoop for owners of large sized cat pans.
- Made from high impact plastic for extra durability.
- High polished finish that is odor & stain resistant & easy to clean.
- Long handled litter scoop makes for easy cleaning.
- This product is made with durable material that will last for years to come.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Petmate Litter Scoop with Antimicrobial Protection, Giant$2.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Litter Scooper$7.78Chewy Price
- Arm & Hammer Half Circle Cat Litter Mat, Pearl Tan$9.40Chewy Price$18.99List Price
- Petmate Flexible Litter Mat, Color Varies$5.51Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- DealNature's Miracle Just For Cats Odor Control Universal Charcoal Filter, 2-pack$4.74Chewy Price$5.69List Price$4.50Autoship Price
- Van Ness Track-Less Litter Mat$7.37Chewy Price$9.19List Price
- Dog Gone Smart Cat Litter Mat, Grey$35.66Chewy Price$41.95List Price
- Arm & Hammer Litter Scoop Waste Bag Refills, 45 count$4.74Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- Petmate Catcher Mat, Large, Stone$18.19Chewy Price$30.99List Price
- Van Ness Cat Litter Pan, Blue, Small$3.23Chewy Price$4.29List Price
- SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box$21.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Cleaner Usage||—||—||Litter Box||—||—|
|Cleaner Type||—||—||Litter Box||—||—|
|Top Ingredients||—||—||—||Plastic, Plastic compounds||—|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
206 Customer Reviews
Not Durable Enough
Purchased 2 of this model litter scoop. One snapped in half where the scoop meets the base of the handle after about 3 weeks. The second scoop is now about to snap in the same spot after about 11 months of using it cautiously. I have one cat who has two litter boxes which get cleaned daily. I use Tidy Cats non-clumping litter which probably contributed to wear and tear on the scoop. Love the dimensions but scoop were not durable enough.
Not What I was Expecting
This litter scoop is wide, but the handle isn't that long. I was wanting a long handled scoop. Don't care that much about a wide surface. Will try to find another one with a long handle.
Chewy..is the best!
Efficient-reliable friendly staff-best company to purchase pet supplies and food
Bigger proportionally in every way except...
I bought this because I thought its bigger design would make it better for sifting pellet litter than my regular size scoop. It is proportionally bigger in every single way... Except that the holes are the exact same size as the small one. A little disappointing. But the holes are longer, which does make sifting a little easier. The long handle also means I don't have to get as close to the dust of the litter, which I am allergic to. So even though it's not exactly what I thought it was, it gets the job done.
Ridiculously oversized like something a clown would bring to a circus. Straight to the garbage.
Best Litter Scoop
I’ve had many cats over 40 years and this is the best litter scoop by far. Finally a large sturdy scoop with a longer handle. It’s a must for a multi cat household. You can clean a whole box with one or two swipes because of the large deep scoop! It’s made my life so much easier!
This is the one to buy. Just scoop in any direction and lift slightly. No need to do more unless 'something' remains afterwards. Extra long handle was a good thing as well. We had thought it might be too long but it only helped make the job easier.
It scoops the poop out nicely
This thing makes emptying the litter box much, much easier! The very first time I used this, I noticed some clumps that I would have definitely missed with normal-sized scoopers. We scoop out the litter box three times a day (sometimes four); as you can imagine, getting it ALL out is of the utmost priority. I will never go back to normal-sized again.
Must Have. Buy it!
Truly giant. Comfortable handle. Smooth all over. No nubs on the backside of scoop. Easy to clean. I like the color and even appreciate the elegant design. I work with a group so there are numerous pans to scoop. I use wood pellets as litter. I sift out the wet saw dust, for disposal, with some side to side action and then I gently, percussively shake it up and down tipping the front edge ever so slightly down to drop full clean pellets off the front edge. This leaves the solid waste nearer to the back of the the scoop. Dispose that and repeat. I bought several, one for each area and extra if something needed cleaning. Sure, it's plastic, but it holds up to the extreme use it gets here. If this scoop doesn't hold up to the job you have. ...maybe consider that not only are the clumps like rocks, but that your cat is ingesting that litter too. Don't blame the scoop, change your mind about the litter. I suggest that the company adds photos with a ruler to better show the dimensions. I did see the video and thought that possibly the person has smaller hands. I looked up the dimensions in the product info, but I still think it would be better for sales if the dimensions were shown in the photos.
Used a couple of times and handle broke, knew it was too good to be true.