VetriScience Renal Essentials Chewable Tablets Kidney & Urinary Supplement for Cats, 60 count
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Maintains kidney function through supporting renal circulation, immune and antioxidant defense system functions, homocysteine balance, normal fluid retention, stress management, liver functions, and detoxification
- Balances urine pH and mineral levels
- Normalizes circulation and improves renal blood flow
- Strengthens the immune response to foreign material in the urinary tract and kidneys
- Formulated to support the kidney's optimal function for the animal that needs prevention, maintenance, and care for stressed kidneys
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Nutri-Vet Extra Strength Salmon Flavored Gel Joint Supplement for Cats, 3-oz tube$6.93Chewy Price$7.99List Price$6.58Autoship Price
- VetriScience Renal Essentials Feline Soft Chews Kidney & Urinary Supplement for Cats, 120 count$15.00Chewy Price$22.38List Price$14.25Autoship Price
- RestoraPet Feline Formula Organic Tuna Flavor Cat Supplement, 2-oz bottle$39.95Chewy Price$37.95Autoship Price
- Liquid-Vet Kidney & Bladder Support Allergy-Friendly Unflavored Cat Supplement, 8-oz bottle$11.49Chewy Price$10.92Autoship Price
- HyaFlex Hyalogic Hyaluronic Acid Hip & Joint Formula Cat Supplement, 1-oz bottle$23.96Chewy Price$29.95List Price
- Tomlyn Laxatone Tuna Flavored Gel Hairball Control Supplement for Cats, 2.5-oz$8.39Chewy Price$9.49List Price$7.97Autoship Price
- PetsPrefer Urinary Tract Health Fish Flavor Tablet Cat Supplement, 90 count$10.00Chewy Price$9.50Autoship Price
- Pet Naturals Hip + Joint Cat Chews, 30 count$8.00Chewy Price$7.60Autoship Price
- Liquid-Vet Kidney & Bladder Support Seafood Flavor Cat Supplement, 8-oz bottle$10.79Chewy Price$11.49List Price$10.25Autoship Price
- Green Foods Barley Cat Grass Juice Powder Cat Supplement, 3-oz jar$12.88Chewy Price$16.07List Price
- PetAg UT Solution Gel Cat Supplement, 3.5-oz tube$16.99Chewy Price$17.24List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredients: (Per 2 Tablets) Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 20 mg, Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 9 mg, Astragalus Root Powder 60 mg...||Active Ingredients: Astragalus Root Powder 30 mg, Rehmannia Glutinosa (Root) Extract 25 mg, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Seed Extract 25 mg...||Active Ingredients: Cranberry (Dried), Ascorbic Acid, Parsley (Petroselinium Sativum)...||Active Ingredients: Cranberry Extract, Echinacea Calcium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Astragalus Root...||Glucosamine Sulfate, D-Mannose, Potassium Citrate...|
|Lifestage||Adult, Senior||Adult||Adult, Senior, Kitten||Adult, Kitten, Senior||Adult, Senior, Kitten|
|Health Feature||Urinary Tract Health, Kidney Care||Urinary Tract Health, Kidney Care||Urinary Tract Health||Immune Support, Urinary Tract Health||Hip & Joint Support|
|Food Flavor||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
56 Customer Reviews
what were they thinking?
I have always loved Vetri Science supplements for my animals. This supplement is a large hard pill that smells awful! You have a reaction just to smell it and my cat hates it!. My cat was diagnosed with hyperthyroid and early renal problems. He has to have a prescription diet for the kidney issue. He eats very little and is loosing weight. He is not doing well and I am very worried. I really wanted this to work for him ! I have read about all of the ingredients and how they help to support the kidney function. I like the holistic approach. Everyone knows that Cats are very finicky and judge things on how they smell. Dogs will eat anything especially if you disguise it in peanut butter! Not Cats! I mean what were they thinking? They developed a huge hard stinky pill for a Cat ?? you cannot force it down a cats throat because they could choke on the large size of the pill. I read the reviews before I ordered it and almost all of them said the same thing that I am saying but I was sooooo desperate to heal my beautiful boy and thought if I crush it and add it to his food it would work. You cannot disguise the terrible odor. Turns out that they have a renal essentials feline formula that is a soft chew. So I am going to try that instead but I really hope it does not stink!
Break in half
When we first tried these as recommended by our vet we had trouble getting him to take them. Tried crushing the tablet but that didn’t work long. He wouldn’t eat eat the food with the powder mixed in. Now we break the tablets in half and it goes down pretty easily
I gave up on this supplement
I can't get my cat to take these tablets. They're way to big for him to swallow. I tried crushing them, but that didn't work too well. Large chunks of it went flying off somewhere. When I mixed the powder with my cat's favorite wet treat, he wouldn't really eat it. I asked a vet about this supplement. She said she hadn't seen any studies.
Definitely not a good Idea as these are massive and not good to give to a cat.
No deal for my carpt
My cat refused my every attempt to offer this to her. I tried to hide it in her food even. Nothing worked.
pills are terrible
The pills are too big and chewable or not my cats have an problem taking pills. I was hoping they were small enough to put down their throat but they are too big. I was hoping this would give her system a boost. Don’t buy for cat.
He hates them :(
I was hoping this version of the renal essentials treats would work out better than the soft ones have, but unfortunately not. They definitely help with our cat's kidney issues, but getting them down him is no easy feat. They need to be cut up into at least 4 pieces for him because they are very large, as other reviews have mentioned. We have tried hiding the pieces in with regular treats, we have tried giving them like we do a pill, we have tried crushing them in with food. Nothing has worked for us, so it's back to the soft version which he also hates but slightly less so. These have a very strong smell, so that is likely at least part of the problem.
Very large pill
These pills are pretty big for a cat. My ruler says they are an inch long and I'd guess about 1/4 in thick, caplet shaped. I was able to break the pill where scored, in half. To reduce more I used a pill cutter. The first time offered he did eat it willingly..but since then I cant get even a sliver down him. Its probably a good product its just my cat being finicky. I bought on recommendation from my vet. If was a liquid version I'd probably have better luck.
My cat seems better
My poor old guy is 17 now and he drinks like a fish unfortunately no one told him he is 17 he loves life and runs around like he could live 10 more. These gave him his appetite back. They are huge and i cut into small pieces and go down with a pill popper and water after he eats. I think empty stomach would be bad they smell funny. So far so good. I would just say they are huge! Lol
Horse pills for cats?
I'm not sure how they expect people to give these to a cat. Even a human would have trouble swallowing these giant hard tablets. I broke one in half to see if my cat would be tempted to eat it on his own, but he sniffed it and walked away.