Wysong Uretic Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Contains rosemary extract to fight allergies
- Taurine protects from eye and heart disease
- Naturally preserved product free of artificial flavors and by-products
- Suitable for all life stages
- Helps treat painful urinary tract conditions
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Urinary Dry Cat Food, 1-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Diamond Care Urinary Support Formula Adult Dry Cat Food, 6-lb bag$22.99Chewy Price$21.84Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Actiwet Urinary Support Icelandic Fish Recipe Wet Cat Food, 3.5-oz, case of 32$61.53Chewy Price$63.99List Price$58.45Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Intestinal Support Diet Dry Cat Food, 1-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Kidney Renal Support Diet Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$36.98Chewy Price$38.99List Price$35.13Autoship Price
- Now Fresh Grain-Free Senior Dry Cat Food, 8-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Focus Adult Urinary Tract Health Formula Dry Cat Food, 16-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$54.49List Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Freely Rabbit Recipe Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 3-lb bag$21.04Chewy Price$32.99List Price$19.99Autoship Price
- Wellness CORE Grain-Free Turkey, Turkey Meal & Duck Formula Dry Cat Food, 11-lb bag$40.89Chewy Price$42.99List Price$38.85Autoship Price
- Wellness CORE Grain-Free Original Formula Dry Cat Food, 11-lb bag$40.89Chewy Price$42.99List Price$38.85Autoship Price
- Now Fresh Grain-Free Adult Formula Dry Cat Food, 16-lb bag$86.99Chewy Price$82.64Autoship Price
- Wellness CORE RawRev Grain-Free Indoor Recipe with Freeze-Dried Turkey Liver Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$40.84Chewy Price$42.99List Price$38.80Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols)...||Turkey, Chicken By-Product Meal, Rice Flour...||Ground Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal...||Chicken, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken By-product Meal (Source Of Glucosamine)...||New: Turkey, Chicken By-Product Meal , Rice...|
|Health Feature||Urinary Tract Health||Brain Health, Circulatory Care, Digestive Health||N/A||Hairball Control, Immune Support, Hip & Joint Support, Muscle Care||Weight Management, High Protein, Hairball Control...|
|Special Diet||With Grain||High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Natural, With Grain||With Grain||High Fiber, Natural, With Grain||High-Protein, Indoor, Weight Control, High Fiber, Natural, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Turkey, Poultry||Chicken, Turkey, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Turkey, Poultry|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
26 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
316 Customer Reviews
Great quality food
Wysong is my first choice for the cats, but it's not my current cats' favorite. They do eat it when I mix it half with their preferred food. Hopefully it will be enough help for the one cat with the UTI problems. I've had my previous cats on the Wysong geriatrix when they got old - they loved Wysong and did very well with it.
Best Urinary Cat Food Without a prescription
My cats use to eat urinary food that requires a prescription. When the price kept going up, I looked for an alternative. They hated the non prescription urinary from the same brand. So, I look for another alternative and found this brand. And they love it. It’s a great food and a great price.
Superior quality at a reasonable price
I have found the ingredients are superior compared to other uretic formulas with higher protein content and no fillers in Wysong. Cat switched easily from Royal Canin Urinary SO. Switched food because other required script and was more expensive. Will continue to buy Wysong.
I bought this for one particular cat who I suspected might be having urinary tract issues although it was never able to be confirmed because when I took him to the vet his bladder was empty and they could not get a sample. Unfortunately Spot refuses to eat this food as his regular food, but he is very fussy and finicky. He will eat small amounts from time to time as something different from what he is eating, but not as his regular diet. So what I am doing is feeding small amounts to Spot from time to time and also to the other 3 cats, which seem to accept it most of the time. Oh well.... on to something else for Spot. I did read the ingredients and information and it sounds like a very good food. Too bad that Spot was not impressed by the taste.
A healthy alternative that works
I've used Wysong Uretic for over 5 years to prevent crystals in my big boy Max who is addicted to kibble. Ideally you'd feed cats wet only food (esp those with urinary issues) but Max DEMANDS his kibble. Vets wanted to put him on prescription diet, but they are so grain-heavy and unnatural for cats, I really wanted to find an healthy alternative. Enter Wysong Uretic (plus fish-free wet food as fish can be too high in minerals that trigger urinary issues) and my boy has been crystal free for years. He even made it through a stressful move across the the country with no issues. Now is the food his favorite? No. Would he much rather get "regular" kibble? Yes. But this is what you get Maximus - either this or your wet canned food. Your choice. Sometimes we have to play hardball for our cats health. :)
Even the possums and raccoons won't eat this
Cats would not touch it, not one bite. Tried to palm it off on the local wildlife, and even they won't eat it.
Wish it had helped
I wish this food worked for us but it unfortunately gave my geriatric cat major digestive issues. :(
Solved the problem
My male cat was having urinary tract problems. Rather than some junk food recommended by the vet, I put him on this - problem solved. I also mix a cranberry-blueberry supplement in his wet food.
Best if you’re on a budget
This food is fine. I wish I could continue to buy it. But after 9 months of being on it, all 4 of my cats have stopped eating it. I didn’t have any issues at first, but I went from ordering 2 bags every 3 weeks to almost 2 months. Instead of eating this, the cats will fight and sneak their way to our foster cats food (which is hills). Not sure if this is related, but I’ve noticed a significant uptick in hairballs. We have almost 1 a day which was never an issue beforehand. Overall, I wish I could rate this food higher. It’s just unfortunately not working out for my babies.
My veterinarian approved the ingredients list of this food after my cat recovered from a urinary obstruction and he completed the s/d diet regimen. I'll admit it took him some getting used to after switching from flavor-focused brands, but now my cat demands his dinner 2 hours early just like always.