Blue Buffalo Basics Skin & Stomach Care Grain-Free Formula Fish & Potato Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This limited ingredient cat food has a single animal protein source, whitefish, plus potatoes and pumpkin to support gentle digestion—purr-fect for cats with sensitive stomachs.
- Blue Buffalo Basics cat food helps meet your indoor cat’s unique needs with natural fiber sources to promote healthy digestion.
- Features a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected to support your pal’s immune system, life stage needs and a healthy oxidative balance.
- Made with all-natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals.
- Blue Buffalo contains no chicken or poultry by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Sensitive Stomach Total Health Formula Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Cat Food, 15lb bag$38.94Chewy Price$36.99Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Basics Skin & Stomach Care Grain-Free Formula Duck & Potato Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food, 11-lb bag$44.98Chewy Price$49.99List Price$42.73Autoship Price
- American Journey Sensitive Stomach Total Health Formula Salmon & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Cat Food, 15lb bag$35.65Chewy Price$33.87Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe with Red Meat Adult Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$55.99List Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Basics Skin & Stomach Care Grain-Free Formula Turkey & Potato Indoor Mature Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$27.98Chewy Price$30.99List Price$26.58Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Flatland Feast with Turkey, Quail & Duck Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$55.99List Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$24.98Chewy Price$29.99List Price$23.73Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Denali Dinner with Wild Salmon, Venison & Halibut Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$55.99List Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo True Solutions Fab Feline Natural Indoor Cat Formula Adult Dry Cat Food, 3.5-lb bag$19.98Chewy Price$21.99List Price$18.98Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Indoor Hairball & Weight Control Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$26.98Chewy Price$29.99List Price$25.63Autoship Price
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Complete Care Grain- Free Sensitive Stomach Recipe Dry Cat Food, 12-lb bag$43.98Chewy Price$41.78Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Weight Control Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 11-lb bag$43.98Chewy Price$48.99List Price$41.78Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Whitefish, Fish Meal, Pea Protein...||Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Pea Protein...||Deboned Duck, Duck Meal, Pea Protein...||Whitefish, Menhaden Fish Meal (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Tapioca Starch...||Salmon, Salmon Meal, Ocean Fish Meal...|
|Special Diet||Sensitive Digestion, Indoor, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Indoor, Grain-Free...||Sensitive Digestion, Indoor, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Indoor, Grain-Free, Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy|
|Food Flavor||Seafood & Fish||Turkey, Poultry||Duck, Poultry||Seafood & Fish||Salmon, Seafood & Fish|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
|Breed Size||—||—||—||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
146 Customer Reviews
Still bites her paws
Millie is a very, very picky old lady. She started getting extremely bad diarrhea and hairballs on her old food. We took her to the vet and nothing is majorly wrong. They gave us an expensive prescription food that cleared everything up and it has no animal protein, so I assume she has an allergy. I was really hopeful for this food. She actually inhales it, which was glorious. Her diarrhea and hairballs seem to have improved too! The problem is she still bites her paws and her fur. Maybe it just needs more time - it's only been a few days. To get as much relief as she's had so far though, I'm pleased.
Such a Blessing !!!!!
My cat whoes name is Scratchy ,because his voice box never developed and he can't meow, also has allergies , one is chicken , and to be able to buy him food without chicken and chicken bi products without a perscription is such a blessing. He really loves this food from Blue Basics.
My old boys love it!
We have run the gamut with food choices and when Cooper started displaying some allergy symptoms, we made the switch to grain free. More expensive, but I love hearing the Vet and her techs tell me that Cooper doesn't look anywhere near as old as 16 years. I will make sure they are well taken care of for as long as they are comfy kitties.
Great for change in flavor
I have been feeding my two adult cats Blue Buffalo Basics Grain Free Turkey and Potato for years and thought I’d try a new flavor for them. The Blue Buffalo Basics Fish and Potato was a hit. They seem to prefer it over the Turkey!
Cats won't eat
I never leave these types of reviews, but my cats will not eat it and they've eaten every other type of cat food. Just something to think about before you add to your subscription and end up with multiple bags. It's just really expensive to have this happen. We are switching back to Halo.
Lifesaver - Perhaps Literally
I jokingly referred to my kitty Tyson as The Pukemaster. At least one a week, sometimes twice, thar he blows! Then I noticed he was getting quite thin, so it was time to visit the vet. He had a few things out of whack in his blood work, including his thyroid just slightly off, and she recommended a $400 thyroid test that required a specialist to perform. Then I mentioned the vomiting and she thought that might be related to his blood values. She recommended eliminating chicken, beef, lamb, eggs, and dairy in favor of a "novel protein" like salmon or aligator(?), or a prescription hydrolyzed protein diet. None of her suggestions were easy to find, nor were they affordable. After doing a lot of reading, I found that many "fish" diets STILL contain chicken fat or by-products. Finally, I found this Fish and Potato that IS just fish and potato. I was already feeding Blue Buffalo, so the transition was fairly seamless. My other cat Sagan hasn't met a food he doesn't like, so as long as Tyson would eat it, it's a keeper. The vomiting stopped almost immediately after the transition was complete. I can still give him his favorite treats that have some chicken in them, as long as it's no more than five. (That was an experiment we did, and it's definitely maximum of five.) He's still thin, but he is keeping his nutrients down, doesn't act starved, and is bright and playful. We're going to check his blood work again to see if he's near normal and go from there. But I can't thank Blue Buffalo enough for making this food.
Saved my cat's life!
My cat was steadily losing weight, vomiting and having diarrhea multiple times a day. My vet diagnosed her with IBS and upper GI inflammation. On top of that, she was getting unexplained recurrent bladder infections (in hindsight likely due to her immune system stressed due to GI issues). I put her on this food and not only have her symptoms almost 100% disappeared, but she has gained weight, is back to a healthy weight, her fur is shiny and she is a happy cat. She's a picky eater too and eats this food just fine! Of course I feel bad for not figuring out sooner that she likely had a food allergy, but I'm happy we finally did! Also, my other cat eats this just fine too, no complaints!
Not a good fit
My cats normally get the salmon and potato but it was out of stock and this is what we got because it was in stock. Our cats eat almost anything but won’t touch this version. I’m going to end up wasting it, or finding someone who will feed it to their cats. May be fine, just not our cats’ cup of tea.
Yes, my cats like it!
Since this is supposed to be a product review I will open with remarks about this Blue Buffalo cat food. The important thing is my cats appear to enjoy it as much as other flavors, so Thumbs up! Does it improve the condition of their skin and stomach? I hope so and suppose so, but how would I know? Four stars only because the claims are unverified. Will I buy again? Very likely! Chewy's, on the other hand, provides Most Excellent Five Star Service! Always fast shipping, and always 100% accuracy. I confidently rely upon them to deliver quality and timely products (and not just cat chow), and recommend their service without reservation.
Seems ok, but cat won't eat it
I got this for my cat who has a sensitive stomach. The product seems ok, but unfortunately after multiple attempts, my cat won't eat it. Even when mixing with food they will eat, they will not touch it for some reason. My cat is VERY picky, so I wouldn't necessarily let this discourage from trying it. I donated to a shelter, so hopefully it helps out a different kitty!