Blue Buffalo Basics Skin & Stomach Care Grain-Free Formula Fish & Potato Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This limited ingredient cat food has a single animal protein source, whitefish, plus potatoes and pumpkin to support gentle digestion—purr-fect for cats with sensitive stomachs.
- Blue Buffalo Basics cat food helps meet your indoor cat’s unique needs with natural fiber sources to promote healthy digestion.
- Features a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected to support your pal’s immune system, life stage needs and a healthy oxidative balance.
- Made with all-natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals.
- Blue Buffalo contains no chicken or poultry by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Sensitive Stomach Total Health Formula Salmon & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Cat Food, 15lb bag$35.65Chewy Price$33.87Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Basics Skin & Stomach Care Grain-Free Formula Duck & Potato Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$27.98Chewy Price$30.99List Price$26.58Autoship Price
- American Journey Indoor Cat Total Health Formula Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Cat Food, 15lb bag$31.89Chewy Price$35.43List Price$30.30Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Basics Skin & Stomach Care Grain-Free Formula Turkey & Potato Indoor Mature Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$27.98Chewy Price$30.99List Price$26.58Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Freedom Indoor Mature Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 11-lb bag$43.98Chewy Price$48.99List Price$41.78Autoship Price
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Grain-Free Real Chicken + Sweet Potato Recipe Adult Dry Cat Food, 12-lb bag$41.98Chewy Price$39.88Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe with Red Meat Adult Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$30.98Chewy Price$33.99List Price$20.88Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Freedom Indoor Weight Control Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 11-lb bag$43.98Chewy Price$48.99List Price$41.78Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe Indoor Hairball Control Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$26.98Chewy Price$29.99List Price$25.63Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Indoor Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 2-lb bag$14.98Chewy Price$16.99List Price$14.23Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Basics Skin & Stomach Care Grain-Free Turkey & Potato Recipe Indoor Adult Dry Cat Food, 11-lb bag$44.98Chewy Price$49.99List Price$42.73Autoship Price
- I and Love and You Nude Super Food Surf 'n Chick Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$22.99Chewy Price$21.84Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Whitefish, Fish Meal, Pea Protein...||Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Pea Protein...||Deboned Duck, Duck Meal, Pea Protein...||Whitefish, Menhaden Fish Meal (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Tapioca Starch...||Cod, Turkey Meal, Whitefish Meal...|
|Special Diet||Sensitive Digestion, Indoor, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Indoor, Grain-Free...||Sensitive Digestion, Indoor, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Indoor, Grain-Free, Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Non-GMO...|
|Food Flavor||Seafood & Fish||Turkey, Poultry||Duck, Poultry||Seafood & Fish||Cod, Turkey, Poultry, Seafood & Fish|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
|Health Feature||—||—||—||—||Brain Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Skin & Coat Health|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
143 Customer Reviews
My old boys love it!
We have run the gamut with food choices and when Cooper started displaying some allergy symptoms, we made the switch to grain free. More expensive, but I love hearing the Vet and her techs tell me that Cooper doesn't look anywhere near as old as 16 years. I will make sure they are well taken care of for as long as they are comfy kitties.
Cats won't eat
I never leave these types of reviews, but my cats will not eat it and they've eaten every other type of cat food. Just something to think about before you add to your subscription and end up with multiple bags. It's just really expensive to have this happen. We are switching back to Halo.
Lifesaver - Perhaps Literally
I jokingly referred to my kitty Tyson as The Pukemaster. At least one a week, sometimes twice, thar he blows! Then I noticed he was getting quite thin, so it was time to visit the vet. He had a few things out of whack in his blood work, including his thyroid just slightly off, and she recommended a $400 thyroid test that required a specialist to perform. Then I mentioned the vomiting and she thought that might be related to his blood values. She recommended eliminating chicken, beef, lamb, eggs, and dairy in favor of a "novel protein" like salmon or aligator(?), or a prescription hydrolyzed protein diet. None of her suggestions were easy to find, nor were they affordable. After doing a lot of reading, I found that many "fish" diets STILL contain chicken fat or by-products. Finally, I found this Fish and Potato that IS just fish and potato. I was already feeding Blue Buffalo, so the transition was fairly seamless. My other cat Sagan hasn't met a food he doesn't like, so as long as Tyson would eat it, it's a keeper. The vomiting stopped almost immediately after the transition was complete. I can still give him his favorite treats that have some chicken in them, as long as it's no more than five. (That was an experiment we did, and it's definitely maximum of five.) He's still thin, but he is keeping his nutrients down, doesn't act starved, and is bright and playful. We're going to check his blood work again to see if he's near normal and go from there. But I can't thank Blue Buffalo enough for making this food.
Saved my cat's life!
My cat was steadily losing weight, vomiting and having diarrhea multiple times a day. My vet diagnosed her with IBS and upper GI inflammation. On top of that, she was getting unexplained recurrent bladder infections (in hindsight likely due to her immune system stressed due to GI issues). I put her on this food and not only have her symptoms almost 100% disappeared, but she has gained weight, is back to a healthy weight, her fur is shiny and she is a happy cat. She's a picky eater too and eats this food just fine! Of course I feel bad for not figuring out sooner that she likely had a food allergy, but I'm happy we finally did! Also, my other cat eats this just fine too, no complaints!
Not a good fit
My cats normally get the salmon and potato but it was out of stock and this is what we got because it was in stock. Our cats eat almost anything but won’t touch this version. I’m going to end up wasting it, or finding someone who will feed it to their cats. May be fine, just not our cats’ cup of tea.
Yes, my cats like it!
Since this is supposed to be a product review I will open with remarks about this Blue Buffalo cat food. The important thing is my cats appear to enjoy it as much as other flavors, so Thumbs up! Does it improve the condition of their skin and stomach? I hope so and suppose so, but how would I know? Four stars only because the claims are unverified. Will I buy again? Very likely! Chewy's, on the other hand, provides Most Excellent Five Star Service! Always fast shipping, and always 100% accuracy. I confidently rely upon them to deliver quality and timely products (and not just cat chow), and recommend their service without reservation.
Seems ok, but cat won't eat it
I got this for my cat who has a sensitive stomach. The product seems ok, but unfortunately after multiple attempts, my cat won't eat it. Even when mixing with food they will eat, they will not touch it for some reason. My cat is VERY picky, so I wouldn't necessarily let this discourage from trying it. I donated to a shelter, so hopefully it helps out a different kitty!
Cats turn their noses up
I don't know if it's the peas, the fish meal, or the size of the kibbles, but not one of my 3 cats want anything to do with this food. I know the kibbles would be very difficult for a cat with teeth problems or lack of teeth to chew. They are tiny, round, and hard. Healthier ingredients than some other dry foods, which is why I rated it a 2 star. But on the other hand, it is low in protein.
Not a Hit for My Cat
My review is partial to the reaction of my cats when I presented them with this food. My cat who I bought it for due to his stomach and skin issues did not like this food at all. When I mixed it in with his old food, he impressively picked out the new food with his mouth and put it on the floor by his bowl so he could eat the old food. So I feel bad leaving a bad review because the food may be very good for a cat who will eat it, but unfortunately, I now have 5 pounds of uneaten food.
Won't eat it
When Chewy stopped selling my favorite cat food (two persian cats), in one of the two flovors my cats liked, I decided to substiture the Blue Buff. because it was "rated as "best" for cats in all categories. Well, it may be "best" somewhere, but two persians WILL NOT EAT IT! When mixed together with their normal feed , they will pick out the ones they like to eat and leave the rest in the dish - they will even go hungry rather than eat it. We even tried it on an "outdoor" cat that hangs around occasionally, and he wouldn't eat it either! Just wasted my money on this on as we had to throw out the whole big bag!!