Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet NP Novel Protein Alligator Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Formulated to help minimize negative reactions to food with alligator—a unique protein source that is rarely linked to food intolerance in dogs.
- Fish oil and flaxseed provide healthy sources of omega-3 fatty acids to support your dog's skin and coat health.
- Crafted with vitamins and antioxidants, plus blueberries and cranberries to support healthy immunity.
- Grain-free recipe made without corn, wheat or soy for dogs with food sensitivities.
- This veterinary diet is made without grains, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives and no chicken or poultry by-product meals.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$34.98Chewy Price$33.23Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 24.2-lb bag$122.99Chewy Price$116.84Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$102.96Chewy Price$97.81Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet GI Gastrointestinal Support Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$31.78Chewy Price$30.19Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Salmon Recipe Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$97.99Chewy Price$93.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Duck Recipe Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$97.99Chewy Price$93.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Ultamino Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$68.99Chewy Price$65.54Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets DRM Dermatologic Management Naturals Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Salmon Flavor Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Weight Control Medium Breed Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$69.99Chewy Price$66.49Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet GI Gastrointestinal Support Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$83.76Chewy Price$79.57Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Alligator, Peas, Pea Starch...||Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Brewers Rice...||Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Pork Fat...||Potatoes, Potato Starch, Salmon...||Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Flaxseed...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Alligator, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health||Kidney Care||Skin & Coat Health||Hip & Joint Support|
Questions & Answers
5 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
34 Customer Reviews
NO MORE CHEESE SMELL
We have a 6 year old "supposed to be a Pitbull but looks like an English Bulldog girl" that we rescued as a puppy. She has struggled with her weight and was on the diet turkey Blue Buffalo Basics. In the last 6 months or so we've noticed she sort of smelled like really good stinky cheese, which is great for cheese, not so much on a 98 lbs sweet dog . Our vet suggested the Alligator & while I was hesitant at first , I was really kind of over the smell. I was also told that she may not need her Citopoint shots which would offset the cost of the food. Well it's been 2 weeks, no more cheese smell at all. We will see in 2 months if she still needs the Citopoint. If not we are switching everyone to the Alligator.
We like the food, but it’s extremely difficult to process a prescription order through Chewey.
Alligator dry food
This product has provided much needed relief to our small dog who suffers from allergies. Pure ingredients!!
Dog loves it.
First thing in the morning my dog is ready to eat, which has not been the case when on another companys Alligator formula. Also her stool used to still be a bit soft. I thought it was because of too much beans in their food. Don't change your food.
Cockerspaniel so far so good
My boy is allergic to chicken, beef, and most likely corn and soy. So far no issues, and no itching! Trying it on his food trial. I am concerned with the grain free issue, bc dogs can develop dilated cardio myopathy, so far no signs! Will update soon. Giving 4 stars for now!
Blue Buffalo Alligator Grain Free diet
We slowly started a 50/50 mix of Blue Alligator into our existing Royal Canin Bulldog breed dry dog food.Our girls not only LOVE IT, but our 6yr. old has lost 3lbs! Less gas, bloated bellies & their soft shiny coat is BACK! Thank you to both companies for "No corn/fillers or sprayed in flavors." Our baby's are HEALTHY!!
Blue Buffalo Novel Protein
My dog has food allergies, so this dry food was recommended by his Vet. He is a picky eater and does love the food
A better tasting option for dogs who have allergies/need NP food
Out of the different dog foods I've tried out with my dog (who is literally allergic to all common meat protein, somehow?), she seems to like this one the most. She has tried to Purina Pro Plan HA Vegetarian Kibble plus the Royal Canin Hydrolyzed and wasn't into either of them. She originally wasn't into this one either but I found that if I heated up some water and added it to her kibble, she gobbled it right up. I can't tell if this has helped her allergies quite yet as she's only been on it strictly for about a week. But she at least likes it and is happy to eat it at meal time.
safe food for allergic puppies
I have a growing English bulldog puppy (6 months as of this writing) who’s allergic to most proteins. He’s also a very, very picky eater. This is the only prescription kibble food approved for growing puppies that he will eat. He’s been on it since he was 3 months old and no issues with allergies or digestion. I mix it with Royal Canin HP wet food and it works wonderfully for him.
My dog was prescribed a novel protien diet by her veterinarian; I chose the alligator because I was certain that was one protien she had never eaten regularly. She has taken to the food nicely with no side effects.