Capstar Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, 2-25 lbs
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Active ingredient Nitenpyram starts working within 30 minutes and kills adult fleas within 4 hours for dogs.
- Safe for puppies four weeks and older and weighing at least 2 pounds; also safe for pregnant or nursing pets.
- A single dose should eliminate current infestation, but may be given up to once per day if your pal gets fleas again.
- Easy to give tablet with no messes or odors.
- Unused tablets can be safely stored to keep their potency.
This product has recently undergone a packaging change. Customers may now purchase Capstar for Cats—it's the same great results with a brand new look!
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Capstar Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, over 25 lbs, 6 Tablets$36.99Chewy Price$40.99List Price$35.14Autoship Price
- Advantus Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, 23-110 lbs, 30 Soft Chews$56.98Chewy Price$54.13Autoship Price
- Onguard Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 23-44 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$25.58Chewy Price$24.30Autoship Price
- TevraPet FirstAct Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 6 - 22 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$16.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Frontline Gold Flea & Tick Treatment for Large Dogs, 45-88 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$49.99Chewy Price$57.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Virbac EFFITIX Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 89-132 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$41.72Chewy Price$45.89List Price$39.63Autoship Price
- PetArmor Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 5-22 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$39.99Chewy Price$44.99List Price$37.98Autoship Price
- K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 21-55 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$56.26Chewy Price$69.98List Price$53.45Autoship Price
- PetArmor Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 45-88 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$39.99Chewy Price$44.99List Price$37.98Autoship Price
- Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs, up to 18 lbs, 1 Collar (8-mos. supply)$53.84Chewy Price$62.98List Price$51.15Autoship Price
- Advantus Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, 4-22 lbs, 30 Soft Chews$56.98Chewy Price$52.91Autoship Price
- Frontline Gold Flea & Tick Treatment for Medium Dogs, 23-44 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$49.99Chewy Price$57.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Lifestage||Adult||Adult, Puppy||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Adult, Puppy||Adult, Puppy, Kitten, Senior|
|Top Ingredients||—||—||Imidacloprid.||Imidacloprid.||Active Ingredients : Proprietary blend of (Brewers Yeast, Calcium Carbonate, Cyanocobalamin...|
Questions & Answers
35 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
931 Customer Reviews
Must use with additional product
For those of you that it doesn't work for, here's some info. Capstar has been around a while and is a great product. In the veterinary field we use it when pets come in and either have a couple of fleas or are infested with fleas. It can be given daily if there is an infestation but you MUST follow up with either a topical treatment or whatever you normally use. If you have an infestation It can take up to 4 months for the life cycle of the flea to completely die off so you MUST continue with monthly flea treatment and vacuum vacuum vacuum. Don't keep your vacuum in the house. Fleas are annoying and take a long time to get rid of. Just a little helpful info for anyone who needs it.
If you have animals you need this product!
LOVE this stuff since i was first introduced. . . thanks for making it so easy to get for my pets AND to not worry that it is the correct formula too. . . unlike some other site that starts with an A and ends with a z o n!
capstar- can give daily?
Advertised as 1 a month, but instructions say "can give daily" ---I did not realize it would not work well and would have to give daily... I wanted something that would work for a month or more
Almost immediate relief
Capstar does exactly what it's supposed to. It's not long-term treatment, it's a quick jolt that kills fleas in a few hours. This isn't a substitute for your normal flea regimen but it's very good to keep on hand for unexpected flare-ups.
Did nothing for my dogs...
I have 2 small breed dogs and these pills did absolutely nothing for our flea issue... I was hoping they would be a good temporary fix.
This product did not work. I have 2 dachshunds that are suffering severely with fleas this year. I now have to try and find a product that will work.
Capstar did not work for my dogs
I purchased two different boxes since I have two dogs- a Rottweiler and a rat terrier. After bathing each dog, I gave them one dose for six days. They still have fleas.
Bought these in the small dog and large dog size. I'm very disappointed they only worked for about 5 days. My poor dogs. Definitely looking for a different flea treatment.
Helped will bad case of fleas this year
My girls rarely get fleas and this year for some reason- not sure how they came into contact but it took a long time to rid them of fleas I had to resort to getting an internal solution. no bad side effects and was pretty much gone. thank you Capstar
Very Very good
Works as said. If have infestation I highly recommend using this. Revolution was doing nothing after a flea infestation from some wildlife . This was a lifesaver in between treating house and backyard for fleas. Bc it worked so well I decided to try nexstar, this company's flea topical that works for a month. So capstar is good if u have a flea infestation. I used it every 48 hrs for a week. You can however give up to 1 a day if need be. I didn't want to over medicate if not needed and my own personal situation the 48 hrs was ok since this product works between 24 and 48 hrs. Idk if I would have needed this product if I already had the nexstar on dogs . But if you have a product that doesn't work, like I had with Revolution, use the Capstar immediately and get the dog onto the nexstar which is an equally good product! I cannot thank the company enough for making such good products. Total lifesaver. And the dogs have been good on both products with no negative reactions to skin or stomach. I do give with food this product. 3 separate dogs. Types and sizes all responded well to this! This capstar was for a elderly mini poodle.