Checkup Pet Wellness Urinalysis Testing Kit Urine Testing for Dogs & Cats, 50 strips
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- You can test your pet's urine in the comfort of your own home.
- Clinic-grade EC and FDA approved test strips.
- Get results in just 2 minutes by comparing with the color chart—no calculations or lab instruments necessary.
- 10 parameters detection—glucose, urobilinogen, bilirubin, ketone (acetone, acetoacetic acid), specific gravity, blood, protein, pH, leukocytes and nitrite.
- Non-invasive in-vitro screen for trace markers in pets to help diagnose disease and benign treatment.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Natura Petz Organics Urinary Tract Infection Turkey Flavored Powder Urinary & Kidney Supplement for Dogs, 4-oz tin$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- 21st Century Essential Pet Bladder Support For Normal Bladder & Urinary Tract Health Dog Supplement, 90 count$13.99Chewy Price$13.29Autoship Price
- Checkup Kidney Condition for Pets Urine Testing for Dogs & Cats, 50 strips$12.95Chewy Price$14.95List Price
- Vita Pet Life Urinary Tract Cranberry, Bacon & Liver Flavor Dog Supplement, 120 count$19.90Chewy Price$18.90Autoship Price
- VetClassics Incontinence Support Chewable Tablets Dog Supplement, 120 count$29.99Chewy Price$36.08List Price$28.49Autoship Price
- VetClassics Cranberry Comfort Urinary Tract Support Dog & Cat Supplement, 120 count$27.99Chewy Price$31.94List Price$26.59Autoship Price
- VetClassics Cranberry Comfort Urinary Tract Support Powder Dog & Cat Supplement, 1-lb bottle$126.99Chewy Price$184.50List Price$120.64Autoship Price
- Pet Wellbeing Urinary GOLD Bacon Flavored Liquid Urinary Supplement for Dogs, 2-oz bottle$42.95Chewy Price$40.80Autoship Price
- NaturVet Bladder Support Plus Cranberry Soft Chews Urinary Supplement for Dogs, 60 count$16.99Chewy Price$16.14Autoship Price
- Checkup At Home Wellness Urine Testing for Dogs$19.95Chewy Price$19.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||N/A||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Health Feature||Urinary Tract Health||Urinary Tract Health||N/A||Diabetic Support||Kidney Care|
|Grooming Tool Type||N/A||—||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
15 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
18 Customer Reviews
Fantastic "extra info" item
Check up wellness strips are great. A little more information to have tp keep track of my pups health. Chewy delivered right on time as always!!!
Urine dip strips
As a nurse, I'm used to having these for humans, so when my dog had some questionable symptoms I searched on Chewy and found they have them for dogs and cats! Very reasonably priced, and saves an expensive lab bill at the vet. It's a very helpful indicator of whether or not something is actually wrong and a vet follow-up is needed to evaluate.
Great Way To Check Your Pet's Health
As a retired Vet Tech, I keep tract of our pets' urinary health. This is a great means of testing and gives accurate directions on how to read the test strip. Akways go to your vet for a checkup if you find something off or if you don't know what the results mean.
UTI prone cat- vet confirmed results inaccurate
Information I wish I knew before purchasing: Package comes with 50 test strips only- NO non-absorbent litter, NO pipettes, NO vials. Strips begin to deteriorate after the package seal is broken. They only last 60-90 days (maybe longer depending on storage conditions) so 50 test strips for my one cat wasn't necessary. If I knew this beforehand, I would've bought another kit that came with less strips AND the litter, pipettes, vials. The upside of having 50 strips, however, was being able to quadruple check the urine each time it was collected. Personal experience: I suspected my cat had a UTI again so I bought this to check. I was hoping this would help cut down on vet costs if I was able to confirm whether or not he had a UTI before bringing him in. The first time I did this, it confirmed he had high counts of leukocytes and pH was 7.0. I'm not a vet or professional, but from my research these are some of the parameters what would suggest an infection. I did not use this to test anything other than a UTI. I brought in a sample of his urine (I had to buy litter, pipettes, and vials from another kit) to the vet to do a urinalysis**. They confirmed he had an infection so we got him started on general antibiotics. This seemed great because by dropping off a sample instead of seeing the vet my bill went from ~$200 to ~$70! BUT after he completed the round of antibiotics, I waited about a week and checked his urine again with these strips. AGAIN high leukocyte count and pH was around 6.5. Worried that the general antibiotics didn't work, I brought him to the vet for a urine culture. Racked up a $405 bill because the vet said if he wasn't showing signs of improving after the antibiotics then they have to do a urine culture AND X-Ray. The results came back and everything was NEGATIVE. No stones, no infection. I had stressed out my cat by bringing him to the vet and spent another $405, twice as much than if I was to have just brought him into the vet in the first place (this is not counting the cost of buying all these testing tools). A grand total of $475 from the vet. I'd rather bring my cat to the vet each time instead of relying on these strips from now on. *Disclaimer: This experience is based on ONLY testing one cat's UTI. If these test strips will bring you peace of mind then it's up to you to purchase it, but in my experience it wasn't accurate the second time around. Nothing can substitute getting checked out by a professional vet. I'm giving it 3-stars because my experience isn't representative of testing for other illnesses nor testing for dogs. **Note that not all vets accept home collected samples and that samples MUST be brought in asap. Vials and pipettes MUST be sterile. After 24 hours, urine samples expire and will not be accepted. If you have intentions of bringing a sample instead of bringing your cat to the vet to collect urine, check with your vet before doing so. They might not accept samples. My cat's history: 7 years old, male, UTI prone, had P.U. surgery when he was young.
these are a useful tool
i find these to be useful. although, i feel confused by their values for specific gravity. i was hoping they would give insight into whether my dog's urine is dilute, but i feel like the value listed as optimal is the same specific gravity as water. my dog is having recurrent uti's and they help me not have to wait for her to show the worst symptoms before contacting my vet.
Pet Wellness Urinalysis Testing Kit
My dog had a terrible UTI. She was facing possible surgery for bladder stones. This produce helped me keep tract of her progress with her medication.
Check Up to check Diabetics.
My dog just got diabetics and checkup is helping me with checking his urine to make sure his diabetic is level.
Works great. easy to use for my 3 pound chihuahua. It’s very easy to just collect her first morning urine sample. The test strips are simple to compare with the color coded values I would highly recommend this product for all dog owners whose pet may have renal issues which when caught early could save the dog from total loss of kidney functions
Have Not Used: Great to Have; Thanks!
Great to have in case issues arise. Max developed issues with urinating and Chewy had them available for purchase. After feeding him PETHONESTY CRANBLADDER HEALTH and Pet Naturals of Vermont and the issue was resolved. Keeping the CheckUp Pet Urine Testing Strips in case Max has a reoccurrence. Thank you.
Good for keeping track of your pet
My girl had bladder stones removed and I like to test her urine every so often for peace of mind. These seem to work well! Will continue using them.