Doggie Dooley Septic Style Dog Waste Disposal System, Steel
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Offers an efficient and hands-free way to clean up pet messes in the yard. This system works like a miniature septic tank. Waste Terminator Digester is safe for the environment and non-toxic when used as directed, but should be kept away from children and pets
- An enclosed galvanized steel tank with a large, built-in overflow tube is easily opened when the polyethylene plastic lid is pressed with your foot
- This system comes fully assembled; just place in an area with good draining soil. It's ideal for most soil conditions except heavy clay
- Shovel stool into the system and add water along with Doggie Dooley Waste Terminator Tablet once a week to break down the dog waste. It can hold the waste of up to two large dogs or four small dogs
- The Waste Terminator Digester is a specially-designed blend of bacillus subtillis bacteria and protein enzymes which work to break down dog waste. These natural-acting bacteria are "mother nature's housekeepers" and work to break down organic waste in the environment
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Zero Waste USA Starter Station Pet Waste Roll Bag System, 400 bags, Black$76.69Chewy Price$109.97List Price
- Ubbi Dog & Cat Wipes Dispenser$10.79Chewy Price$16.99List Price
- Zero Waste USA Yard Buddy Pet Waste Can, Black$259.99Chewy Price$299.97List Price
- dealDoggie Dooley Waste Terminator Tablets, 36 count$12.59Chewy Price
- Doggie Doo Drain Pet Waste Removal$49.50Chewy Price
- Doggie Dooley Waste Terminator Powder, 13-oz$16.46Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Doody Digger Pooper Scooper, Black$30.00Chewy Price
- PawPail Dog & Cat Waste Station$139.99Chewy Price$149.99List Price
- PawPail Dog & Cat Waste Station Mounting System$34.94Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- DogBuddy Dog Pooper Scooper, Kiwi, Medium$14.99Chewy Price
- Ubbi Litter Scoop & Hook Dog & Cat Waste Pail$69.99Chewy Price
- DDT Dog Doo Tube Portable Trash Can, Medium, Blue$12.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Galvanized Steel, Metal||Steel, Metal||Stainless Steel, Metal||Plastic||Plastic|
|Breed Size||—||—||—||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
Questions & Answers
48 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
45 Customer Reviews
I'm sure it works
I guess I just don’t understand how that’s more efficient. Like, once my dog craps in my neighbors yard it’s no longer my problem. Who am I to tell him to buy this thing and install it? He doesn’t even own a dog. Idk, I like to think I’m pretty easy going, compromise when I’m at an impasse, but my neighbor didn’t seem to like the idea at all.
Great Dane owner
First let me say, yes this thing is disgusting, but anything that deals with feces is disgusting. I have two fully grown Great Danes (anyone who knows the breed knows how big and how much they poop), and this thing works pretty good. I ordered 3 and have only put 1 in the ground (digging the hole sucks but it's worth it in the end) our soil is pretty gritty/sandy so the water drains really well so I only dug a 3.5 ft hole (a little closer to 4ft maybe). I use 2tbs digester powder and use half in the container and half down the hole in the container (to help break down the poop that goes down the hole) and use a hose to add more water. I probably use more water than necessary but I use a sprayer to help break stuff down as well. I also have a large branch that I use as a "stir stick" to make sure everything is working.
Worked for me
This is a good system IF: your soil drains and: IF you have the determination to dig a four-foot deep hole and IF: you follow the directions!!!! I not only have read the negative reviews, but I contacted a friend of mine who was not pleased with the doggie dooley system. My thoughts? It has worked so far for me. Here is the review: You have to follow the directions to the letter!!! If you don't dig the hole to four feet deep, guess what? It won't work. If your soil doesn't drain, guess what? It won't work. If you don't add the water and digester per the directions, oh, guess what??? IT WON"T WORK. Why is this so important? I learned that if most products' directions aren't followed, you will be disappointed. The reason for the four feet is simple, volume vs drainage. The reason for following the digestive and water directions? It must dilute to drain into the soil, simple as that. Most important thing to remember is the amount of waste per capacity of the Dooley. Here's the thing, this is a five-gallon capacity unit. If you feed cheap and non-absorbing types of food; the types that have your pup pooping repeatedly and in large quantities, this unit will only work for one dog, if that. My boys are fed a quality food that they absorb well. They eliminate maybe twice a day and for two large dogs, this unit is working fine. I use the powder waste eliminator, not the tabs, so I can't speak to that. I religiously add the gallon of water each time I add waste, and try to pick up only twice a day to allow the digester to break down the waste. If you add too often and more water as the directions state, you will not have allowed the waste to break down. IT WON"T WORK! If you try to use this unit for three or four medium size dogs: "IT WON'T WORK!". Follow the directions to the tee. Don't side-step or think that a three-foot hole will work, a single unit will work for two St. Bernards, etc. I am glad I took the time to dig to four feet. I was lucky my soil will drain. One bit of advice: the 14 inch diameter hole should possibly be started out narrower at the top. Why? Post hole diggers expand wider than 14 inches at four feet of depth. You will find yourself enlarging the hole at the top without realizing it. Also, stop use at 40 degrees or below. I have winters here and during that time I will go back to buckets and no-frills kitty litter for waste disposal.
A good alternative disposal method.
We installed this in a cut out olive barrel over a stone filled sump,so far it has worked as advertised.The provided installation instructions are somewhat vague and call for placement over a 4' by 14" hole and that's it,I didn't think this was the best option for long term use which is why we used a durable barrel and stone back fill.The lid is plastic so care must be taken not to step on it.How it will stand the test of time remains to be seen.
It works, but follow directions!
I've had this for 4 years. I'm buying a 2nd one because, unfortunately, I didn't follow the directions and I over-loaded it this winter. The directions say that you can't add more 'stuff' if the temperature drops below 40 F. I guess the helpful bacteria stop dissolving the stuff when it's too cold. I think I added too much when it was too cold, so now, it's full and not draining. I cleared up weeds in another part of my yard, so I'll add a new Doggie Dooley in the new spot. I will add a gallon of water every time I add stuff, I will add a bacteria tablet EVERY time I add stuff (not just once a week, you have to do it EVERY time!), and I will give it a rest in the winter. Hopefully that will get me another 4 years of use out of it.
Doesn’t work at all
Never worked. I followed the instructions and it just filled up with poop and quit draining. I quit putting waste in it and just added enzymes and water for a month hoping it would clean itself out. It never dissolved the waste. Worthless product.
Not good for big dogs
According to the product description, this is supposed to be good for 2 big dogs. I followed the recommended directions of 2 tablets, once per week. It was a mess. The collection turned into sludge even with adding the gallon of water daily. Not useful for me. I pulled it up after flushing with water for several weeks.
It doesn’t work don’t waste your money just a big mess
It did not work properly from the very beginning. We followed installation instructions exactly. I used one tablet every week religiously and it never dissolved the dog waste and did not drain properly, even after adding the gallon of water.
Great device. Easy to install. Gets rid of pet waste.
No more picking up doggie doo doo, bagging it and throwing it into the trash can to stink it up until trash day anymore. This device was easy to install and keeps you from having to stink up your garbage can. I have two dogs and so far, it works great! Just add a gallon of water once a week and a couple of tablets!