Dr. Tim's Weight Management Metabolite Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- High protein, moderate fat and a special fiber blend work in conjunction with your dog's natural calorie furnace to help your dog lose weight.
- Dr. Tim's unique, grain-free mix may be helpful for dogs with food allergies.
- Complex fiber blend keeps your dog feeling full between meals, plus patented BC30 probiotic to promote a healthy digestive system.
- With real protein from animal sources, this low-calorie meal is rich in essential amino acids, plus it has L-carnitine to promote fat metabolism.
- DHA and EPA from ocean fish oil can help with inflammation, immune and brain function, heart health and shedding.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Artemis Fresh Mix Weight Management Senior Formula Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Adirondack Lamb & Brown Rice Recipe Dog Food, 4-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$13.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Inception Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food, 13.5-lb bag$33.99Chewy Price$32.29Autoship Price
- Dr. Pol Healthy Balance Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$34.98Chewy Price$35.99List Price$33.23Autoship Price
- DealLucy Pet Products Limited Ingredient Diet Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Formula Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
- Inception Chicken & Pork Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$11.39Autoship Price
- DealTender & True Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Ocean Whitefish & Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$10.23Chewy Price$23.99List Price$9.72Autoship Price
- I and Love and You Lovingly Simple Limited Ingredient Diet Lamb and Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food, 3.85-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Country Vet Naturals 24-10 Senior Dog Food, 5-lb bag$8.99Chewy Price$8.54Autoship Price
- DealWellness CORE RawRev Wholesome Grains Ocean Recipe High Protein Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$79.99Chewy Price$75.99Autoship Price
- Health Extension Grain-Free Venison Recipe Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$39.98Chewy Price$41.98List Price$37.98Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Chicken Meal, Dried White Potatoes, Tapioca...||Chicken Meal, Potatoes, Peas...||Beef, Chicken Meal, Soybean Meal...||Duck Meal, Chickpeas, Peas...||Chicken, Poultry By-Product Meal (a source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Peas...|
|Special Diet||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Weight Control||Sensitive Digestion, Weight Control, Grain-Free...||Grain-Free, Natural||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Natural||Weight Control, Grain-Free, Sensitive Digestion, Gluten Free|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Vitamins & Minerals, Digestive Health, Hip & Joint Support...||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health, High-Energy...||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Hip & Joint Support...||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Heart Care|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Beef, Meat||Duck, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
24 Customer Reviews
Major Weight Loss
We got our beautiful collie from a rescue. Her ideal weight should have been 65-55 lbs but instead she was at 126.5. Blood panel indicated not issues and her heath was good, she was 4 years old. We researched and started her on Dr. Tim's Metabolite Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, along with green beans, L-Cranitine and Omega 3 oil. We were thrilled with the results. Most of the weight came off within 12 months, the last 15 lbs took another year, but we were never discouraged. Her activity level climbed at every level of weight loss and her coat is stunning. Highly recommend this food for your weight loss needs.
It actually works
I have a rescue dog that has been battling obesity for years. We've tried other metabolic dog foods, extra walks, constant testing of thyroid, you name it and nothings worked - until now. Over the past 4 weeks we've fed her this food and she's list 12 pounds. She's also a finicky eater but no issues eating Dr Tim's. She running again and playing like her old self. It may not work for every dog but it sure does for mine.
Perfect, EFFECTIVE diet for large breed senior w/ no negative side effects
My Weimaraner has battled obesity ever since being neutered at 8 years old (2016). He ballooned from 85 to 120+ pounds. Diagnosed with a thyroid condition, but neither meds nor prescribed diet food helped much (5 lbs over 3 years and one foul-smelling tail end.) I started Wolfgang on this food in December 2019, at which time, he weighed in around 115lbs. 9 months later, my old boy is down 25 lbs. No smelly side effects. In fact, no negative side effects that I can attribute to this food.
Sweet potato slices
My dog loves these! They're very tender and even smell great. Low calorie too
One happy dog mom!!
I have a Sheltie that, like his mama, has a hard time letting go of extra pounds. He has hypothyroidism, so that really makes weight mgmt/loss a herculean effort. Rx diet food didn't work, diet/lowcal/lite dog food at pet stores didn't work. I cut his food back to the point I felt like I was starving him-he kept going back to his bowl. I'm not a huge fan of treats, so if I give him one, it's pretty small. He has arthritis in both front legs, so any walks we go on are very very short. After all that, my vet said he was at his heaviest at 31.5#!!!! We both feel that he should be 20#. SO, after a lot of research, Dr TIm's Metabolite Weight Management (I chose GF over the regular) food constantly came up the winner in a lot of "best food for..." lists. I was still hesitant to go with this simply because I had to order it. First of February this year and I decide to just go for it. We are on his 3rd (12#) bag and we just got home from the vet for his annual exam and my vet said he was at 27#!!!!! That's a 10% weight loss!! And I haven't done anything different with him as before. He isn't going back to his bowl to see if more food is in there, so it seems it keeps him feeling full. He's never been a picky eater, so I can't comment on how palatable his finds the food. So, yeah...I'm a happy dog mom. He's 12, hypothyroid, arthritis in both front legs...he's an old doggo. He's more active now: less weight-less pressure on his legs-he's more willing to play with my highly active 2 yr old dog (for a little bit, though-he's still 12 ).
Dog doesn’t like
Good price, quality, shipping & communications. Will not purchase again because dog doesn’t like.
very good dry food
My babe dog loves this food. When I put in her ball, together the old food, he don’t eat more the old food. And this one have vitamins, no grains... everything perfect whit the poop. I change cause the older food is poor.
Charlie seems to really like it. He needs to drop a few pounds so it's a good purchase
Dr.Tim's Metabolite dog food
The ingredients and the fact that it was slow cooked was a big factor in my trying this dog food. Weight management is what I am hoping for. It is still to early to tell if it will help my 2 dogs loose a few more pounds and maintain it. They love the taste. I will continue to recommend chewy to my friends and family.
Pup lost the weight!
We started my 7 year old gsd Great Pyrenees cross on this food after we learned she is about 10 lbs overweight at the vet. I was shocked when I saw the scale and actually suggested their scale may be broken haha. We are very active as it is, so nothing changed with our activity level, just switching from wellness core large breed to dr tims weight management grain free. It took about six months, but she lost the weight! In addition to the weight loss, her coat looks healthier and her stools are more firm and regular. We will keep her on this food as it seems she benefits from being on this.