Exo Terra Coco Husk Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Reptiles and some amphibians burrow to sleep, hide and relieve stress. Exo Terra Substrate provides the perfect cover and is extremely absorbent.
- 100% natural substrate ideal for natural terrarium set-ups
- Made from compressed coconut husk from the plantations of tropical Asia, making it ideal for increasing humidity in the terrarium
- Stimulates natural digging and burrowing behavior
- Safe for frogs, salamanders and burrowing or digging animals
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealExo Terra Sand Mat Desert Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 47.5-in$33.38Chewy Price$49.99List Price$31.71Autoship Price
- DealZilla Fir & Sphagnum Peat Moss Mix Reptile Bedding, 7.5-L bag$8.10Chewy Price$12.49List Price$7.69Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Coco Husk Brick Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 8-qt, bundle of 4$19.36Chewy Price$19.96List Price$18.39Autoship Price
- Galapagos Jurassic Fir Bark Reptile Terrarium Bedding, 8-qt bag, 8-qt bag, bundle of 3$37.80Chewy Price$38.97List Price$35.91Autoship Price
- DealExoticare Exotichip Organic Coconut Husk Chip Reptile Bedding, 2-lb bag$24.19Chewy Price$25.00List Price$22.98Autoship Price
- DealGalapagos Cypress Tank-Mulch Natural Cypress Reptile Bedding, 24-qt bag$31.95Chewy Price$33.99List Price$30.35Autoship Price
- DealZilla Terrarium Liner, Green, 75-gal$13.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- DealExo Terra Turtle Large Natural River Pebbles, 10-lb bag$18.88Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- Zilla Lizard Litter Aspen Chip Reptile Bedding, 8-qt bag, bundle of 3$22.50Chewy Price$23.67List Price$21.38Autoship Price
- DealExo Terra Plantation Soil Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 7.2-qt$13.49Chewy Price$13.99List Price$12.82Autoship Price
- DealZoo Med Premium Repti Bark Natural Fir Reptile Bedding, 4-qt bag$7.00Chewy Price$9.99List Price$6.65Autoship Price
- DealExo Terra Moss Mat Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 12-in$7.99Chewy Price$7.59Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter & Bedding Type||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber||Coconut Fiber|
Questions & Answers
15 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
36 Customer Reviews
Perfect for orchids
I use this for my orchids. It's nice and chunky, way better than some other brands. I like that it's loose substrate. I tried the brick from this brand and the quality is the same but it's such a pain to use. (It doesn't magically come apart when soaked in water.) I love how coconut husk doesn't stink when wet like bark does. It also isn't as attractive to gnats and fruit flies. I also like how there is a clear color difference between wet and dry coconut husk. I imagine this would be beneficial for detecting pet urine if that's what I was using it for. Nice size bags and a reasonable price. Also, it's nice and soft and fluffy. I have doves trying to nest in one of my orchid baskets.
Great for ball pythons!
This substrate is great for keeping the humidity higher without having to mist too often. I also like that it is kind of chunky which makes it easier to clean.
We switched from the reptibark to this and my snake LOVES it! It also looks way nicer in his terrarium. 1 small bag works perfectly for his 20 gallon tank.
Good for box turtle
Our box turtle seems to really like this product. 1 bag covered a 40 gallon tank very well.
When will this be back in stock? Been coming back to try to catch it in stock with no luck.
One word, meh.
Chewy is a great place for stuff for pets when you dont want to pay that petsmart price, however I cant say I was happy with this, I would rather spend the extra 20 dollars to get coco blox instead of cocoshavings which is what this mostly consists of. If all you got is like 10 dollars, this is the bag you want, if you have a collection, just go to freedombreeder.
Tortoise loves this
My tortoise loves burrowing in this bark. It provides different textures and holds humidity.
Good for box turtles bad for Ball pythons
I thought that it would be good for my ball pythons but sadly one of them got a piece stuck in his mouth lucky it was big enough to grab. But it work great for the box turtle I have. Definitely turtle substrate
Exactly What We Needed
Love using coco husk to avoid a pine/cedar allergy! My snake loves to dig around in the substrate and it holds moisture well.
great for my ball python
works great for my ball python and good at holding humidity