Farmina Natural & Delicious Chicken Grain-Free Formula Dry Cat Food, 3.3-lb bag
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This high protein, limited carbohydrate, and low fiber all life stage cat food is free of grains and glutens.
- 97% of protein is from quality animal sources which makes for a low ash content. Ingredients are also fresh and never frozen for optimum nutrition.
- It's a low glycemic formula so it's a great option for pets that need a food that won't spike blood sugar.
- This GMO-free formula doesn't contain peas, lentils, pea protein, chickpeas, or added plants oils.
- Natural omega fatty acids promote healthy skin and coat while added pomegranate and berries are rich in antioxidants to help fight free radicals.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Fussie Cat Market Fresh Salmon Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
- DealInstinct Healthy Cravings Grain-Free Cuts & Gravy Real Tuna Recipe Wet Cat Food Topper, 3-oz pouch, case of 24$35.76Chewy Price$42.96List Price$33.97Autoship Price
- Stella & Chewy's Tummy Ticklin' Turkey Dinner Morsels Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Food, 3.5-oz bag$10.99Chewy Price$10.44Autoship Price
- Annamaet Grain-Free Chicken & Fish Formula Dry Cat Food, 12-lb bag$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Solid Gold Indigo Moon with Chicken & Eggs Grain-Free High Protein Dry Cat Food, 6-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Fussie Cat Market Fresh Salmon & Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$32.35Chewy Price$35.99List Price$30.73Autoship Price
- Stella & Chewy's Chick Chick Chicken Dinner Morsels Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Food, 8-oz bag$22.99Chewy Price$21.84Autoship Price
- DealInstinct Healthy Cravings Grain-Free Cuts & Gravy Real Chicken Recipe Wet Cat Food Topper, 3-oz pouch, case of 24$42.96Chewy Price$40.81Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Boneless Chicken, Dehydrated Chicken, Sweet Potatoes...||Boneless Chicken, Dehydrated Chicken, Whole Spelt...||lamb, dehydrated lamb, sweet potatoes...||Boar Meat, Dehydrated Boar Meat (Source of Glucosamine & Chondroitin Sulfate), Potato...||Lamb Meat, Dehydrated Lamb Meat (Source of Glucosamine & Chondroitin Sulfate), Whole Spelt...|
|Special Diet||Low Glycemic, Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Natural||Low Glycemic, Non-GMO, Natural, With Grain||Low Glycemic, Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Pea-Free, Non-GMO, Natural||Low Glycemic, Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Pea-Free, Non-GMO||Low Glycemic, Pea-Free, Non-GMO, Natural, With Grain|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
23 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
227 Customer Reviews
Finally found a quality dry food all of my older cats like, will actually eat and that agrees with their tummies. I finally gave up on canned food after wasting so much money on food they wouldn't eat after a few weeks. I've tried literally every brand. Even freeze dried raw food got me the "stink eye". No vomiting, no skin nor coat issues with Farmina. Just happy, healthy cats. Teeth look better too! Just make sure your cats have access to clean filtered water.
Fluctuating Fat Content
My kitties have relished this formula for years, hence the “Four Star” rating. However, we have noticed that the crude fat (min 20.00%) content appears to fluctuate. Some bags will feature dry kibble, while others provide kibble coated in thick sticky greasy residue. This is an excellent food that we will continue to purchase, just wish the crude fat content would remain more consistent.
So far so good!
I have had a TERRIBLE time finding a dry cat food that my cat likes CONSISTENTLY. I feed my cat 1/2 wet and 1/2 dry food every day. Usually I open a bag of dry food, she loves it for a couple of feedings or a short while, and then turns off to it and I am left with waste. My cat has really taken to this food so far for the last couple of months and eats the whole bowl clean. She is acting much better too and not so gassy. I only realized recently how many of the brands add beans and other ingredients that probably were causing her indigestion (including many of the more expensive brands). Thank you for carrying this brand, Chewy. I think I found a winner!
Too much protein & fat for some cats
I liked this food as it didn’t contain “meal” and seems to have great ingredients though my cats were constantly having stool issues. Since This food contains high protein , I reduced the feeding amount for each cats and see if that changes their stool. Some went back to normal but other 2 were still having problem and also they were hungry because I had to reduce amount. I recently switched food to better one to see and yes! Their stool are back to normal and as well as the stool color ! Plus it has no strong smell like they had while they were eating this brand. I may need to change my dog food as well now. This is just my cats result but I’m happy with their new food as they love to eat the one I got now :) they weren’t that happy with fermina food so I guess they never liked them and I felt bad
My elderly kitties love this
All 4 of my elderly kitties love this, and it's good food. It helps keep them healthy and happy, and it's good when they can all agree on a food.
Of all the dry foods I’ve tried for my rescue kitten this seems to be the best in that he likes it (definitely after trying Nature’s Logic dry chicken formula — like night and day). However when I ordered a bag I ensured it said all life stages (in case my seniors nibble on it), but this says adult on the bag and the photo of the back of the bag and breakdown of ingredients in this product image is not the same as the bag I got. When I look back I’m only seeing adult, neutered adult, and kitten options for this grain free formula, but thought the one that says “cat” is all life stages. Would be good to know to ensure I’m not improperly nourishing my kitten. My seniors eat 95% wet food now, but overnight / early morning they may nibble a bit on what’s out to tide them over, so I cannot feed the kitten formula.
Picky pants loves it!
My cat requires spinach greens in his food. He only ate friskies indoor food and loves this food! Finally a healthier choice!
My cat does NOT like this food
My cat has cancer and is on chemo. My vet recommended this brand because it is high protein - but my cat does not like this dried food. (he does LOVE the Farmina brand wet food). He is not generally a finicky eater - but he goes over to the food dish and just looks at it for a little bit and then walks away. If I give him some of the old dried food - he eats it right up. (And yes, I've tried mixing the old and new and he turns his nose up at that too.
Liked at first, then didn’t
Sam liked the Farmina chicken cat food, then didn’t. It seems moister than her usual dry cat food and I’m not sure if that turned Sam against it or not. It’s too expensive to try a different flavor, even though the ingredients are top notch. I don’t recommend it only because if your cat doesn’t like it, the cost isn’t worth taking the chance. My picture shows Sam choosing Farmina over her regular cat food the first time I offered it to her.
Cats Won’t Eat This Anymore
My cats used to like this food, but they will not eat any from the bag I received in February. Even the feral cat I feed won’t eat it either.