FirstMate Turkey Formula Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Canned Cat Food
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Boneless Turkey, Water Sufficient For Processing, Potato...||Boneless/Skinless Salmon, Water Sufficient For Processing, Potato...||Boneless Chicken, Water Sufficient For Processing, Pea Starch...||Boneless Chicken, Water Sufficient for Processing, Potato...||Boneless Turkey, Water Sufficient For Processing , Pea Starch Brewer'S Dried Yeast...|
|Food Flavor||Turkey, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Turkey, Poultry|
|Special Diet||Gluten Free, Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free...||Sensitive Digestion, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Sensitive Digestion, Gluten Free, Grain-Free...||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diet...|
About This Item
- A delicious wet food with 96% protein from free-run turkey, and 4% protein from vegetables.
- Nutritionally complete and balanced for cats of all ages, from kitten to senior.
- Limited ingredient recipe completely free of grains, glutens, carrageenan, or guar gum, in BPA-free cans.
- Simple ingredients make this food a great option for pets prone to food sensitivities or allergies.
- Manufactured at their family-owned facility in North America with care.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Caru Classic Turkey Stew Grain-Free Wet Cat Food, 6-oz, case of 12$33.48Chewy Price$35.88List Price$31.81Autoship Price
- Weruva Classic Cat Stewlander Duck & Salmon in Gravy Stew Canned Cat Food, 2.8-oz can, case of 12$20.99Chewy Price$21.48List Price$19.94Autoship Price
- Wellness CORE 95% Turkey Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 12$39.96Chewy Price$41.88List Price$37.96Autoship Price
- Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Cat Times At Fridgemont with Duck & Tuna Grain-Free Cat Food Pouches, 3-oz pouch, case of 12$20.99Chewy Price$21.48List Price$19.94Autoship Price
- BFF OMG Live N' Love! Chicken & Lamb in Gravy Wet Canned Cat Food, 2.8-oz can, case of 12$19.49Chewy Price$20.28List Price$18.52Autoship Price
- DealTiki Cat Aloha Friends Tuna with Ocean Whitefish & Pumpkin Grain-Free Wet Cat Food, 3-oz can, case of 12$14.40Chewy Price$16.08List Price$13.68Autoship Price
- Fussie Cat Market Fresh Quail & Duck Meal Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 2-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Weruva Cats in the Kitchen The Karate Kitty with Beef & Salmon Grain-Free Cat Food Pouches, 3-oz pouch, case of 12$20.99Chewy Price$21.48List Price$19.94Autoship Price
- BFF OMG Lights Out! Tuna & Lamb Flavor Wet Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz can, case of 8$14.49Chewy Price$15.12List Price$13.77Autoship Price
- DealTiki Cat Aloha Friends Tuna with Shrimp & Pumpkin Grain-Free Wet Cat Food, 3-oz can, case of 12$14.40Chewy Price$16.08List Price$13.68Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
8 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
45 Customer Reviews
cat loves product. great smell
this first mate turkey has a great formula for my Cat. Stopped buying instinct turkey limited, because formula changed for the worst when changed when now made in Thailand
Both Cats like it
It's more like a stew vs. regular cat food, but both cats really like it. Good amount of Protein too. Good ingredients b/c it does not have any peas or lentils, which obviously don't eat naturally.
Wish My Cat Liked It
Bought this because a youtube video ranked it as really healthy. However, my cat only sniffed it and tried it for like a second and walked away. :( Is there a way I can get a refund or something?
Good but not good
Quality, check, cost acceptable, cats actually eating the food.... no. Once again left with a case of food that 9 cats refuse to eat. The quality is good, the texture is good and the moisture is good but still, no. I'm not sure what their issues are but I'm running out of good quality options that are affordable.
Best wet cat food
Only food with good ingredients that doesn't have pea protein and doesn't give my cat stinky diarrea! Bonus: she also LOVES it!
My cat won't eat it
Good brand but my cat has become increasingly picky about wet cat food and he won't touch this one.
Only food that doesn't make my cat throw up
I have 3 cats. One normal cat, one early stage CKD cat, and one cat with VERY sensitive digestion. I like this food because everyone can eat it. Don't get me wrong, they PREFER other foods, but this is the only food that everyone will eat, no one throws up, and that's a suitable diet. We've tried all the canned flavors and turkey is the winner. One of my cats prefers the turkey and tuna but the other two like the plain old turkey the most, and the larger can size is more convenient and affordable. We use a phosphorous binder for my CKD cat and she does well on the food. The lack of guar gum and other binders really seems to help with digestion for all 3 cats and reduces stool smell. My sensitive digestion cat is also a very fussy eater and will accept this food. I think the high moisture and good quality protein also helps reduce "waste" that strains the kidneys. Good ratio of calcium to phosphorous. All and all this is a great cat food. In fact, I've tried dozens of different brands from big commercial brands like Sheba and FF Gourmet Naturals, to Blue Buffalo and Dave's, to high end brands like Tiki Cat, Nature's Logic, Weruva, and Instinct LID. This is the ONLY food that works for all 3 cats. What I will say is that the recommended feeding of 1 5.5 ounce can for an 8 lb cat just doesn't seem to be enough - they lost too much weight. We buy the 12 ounce cans and serve 2 a day so everyone gets approximately 1 ounce per lb (all 3 of my cats are 8 pounders.) If they lose interest in the food, we will put some limited ingredient broth or toppers. I hope they never stop making FirstMate because it is truly the only food that works for my whole cat family. When you buy the 12 ounce cans, it ends up being more affordable than a lot of other foods. I've paid more for Blue Buffalo and Soulistic. If you have a cat who is constantly throwing up, then give this food a try! Or if your cats are gassy and have horrible poops, then give this food a try!
He loves it.
My cat Joey was ripping his hair out with his teeth in chunks and his vet and I decided it must be allergies. We tested him and found out that he is allergic to 6 types of foods. This food is awesome. He also eats the dry.
bought this food because it is low in phosphorus, as one of my cats has kidney disease! 2 of my cats love it, the third (diva) would rather eat the carpet! it will remain in my rotation!
No chicken liver
I switched my cat to this product after researching wet foods for cats with IBD. None was perfect, but this one was the one we went with with reasonable calories, high protein, no guar gum or other "non-recommended" or common allergy ingredients. The newest formula for this removes the chicken liver (9/2020) which makes this more limited ingredient than before. The texture is good with a lot of liquid surrounding the pate, which can be mixed in for a softer texture. It is more oily than her past wet food. Cat likes it. She seems to have less stomach upset and her stool is firmer.