Hall's Hay Timothy Hay 1st Cut Mini-Bale Small Pet Food, 5-lb box
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- All-natural, sun-cured Western Timothy hay sliced from the heart of premium field bales.
- Made without any added preservatives.
- Contains little chaff and dust.
- Low-density mini bale flakes and feeds easily.
- Grown and packaged in the USA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Garden Select Adult Guinea Pig Food, 4-lb bag$11.47Chewy Price$13.49List Price$10.90Autoship Price
- Manna Pro Small World Complete Guinea Pig Food, 9-lb bag$7.81Chewy Price$7.42Autoship Price
- Oxbow Animal Health Oxbow Hay Blends Western Timothy & Orchard, 40-oz.$11.04Chewy Price$12.99List Price$10.49Autoship Price
- Tiny Friends Farm Hazel Hamster Food, 2-lb bag$6.92Chewy Price$8.99List Price$6.57Autoship Price
- Sunseed Vita Prima Guinea Pig Food, 8-lb bag$20.32Chewy Price$20.99List Price$19.30Autoship Price
- dealVitakraft Vita Smart Complete Nutrition Premium Fortified Blend with Timothy Hay Guinea Pig Food, 4-lb bag$10.99Chewy Price$12.99List Price$10.44Autoship Price
- Rabbit Hole Hay Ultra Premium, Hand Packed Coarse Timothy Hay Small Animal Food, 40-lb box$105.92Chewy Price$115.47List Price$100.62Autoship Price
- Brown's Timothy Hay Side Salads Fruits n' Berries Small Animal Food, 8-oz$10.99Chewy Price$10.44Autoship Price
- dealVitakraft Menu Alfalfa Pellets Blend Vitamin & Mineral Fortified Premium Guinea Pig Food, 5-lb bag$8.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price$8.54Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Chinchilla Food All Natural Chinchilla Food, 10-lb bag$20.91Chewy Price$23.99List Price$19.86Autoship Price
- Exotic Nutrition Berries & Bugs Sugar Glider & Hedgehog Food, 1.5-lb bag$12.95Chewy Price$17.49List Price$12.30Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Young Guinea Pig Food All Natural Guinea Pig Pellets, 5-lb bag$10.19Chewy Price$11.99List Price$9.68Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||99% Timothy Grass, Other Grasses.||99% Timothy Grass, Other Grasses.||99% Orchard Grass, Other Grasses.||99% Alfalfa Hay, Other Grasses.||Timothy Hay.|
|Small Pet Type||Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Hamster, Gerbil, Degu||Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Hamster, Gerbil||Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Hamster, Gerbil||Guinea Pig, Rabbit, Gerbil, Hamster||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Hamster, Gerbil|
|Health Feature||Urinary Tract Health||Urinary Tract Health||Urinary Tract Health||Urinary Tract Health||N/A|
|Special Diet||High Fiber||High Fiber||High Fiber||High Fiber||N/A|
|Hay Type||Timothy||Timothy||Orchard Grass||Alfalfa||Timothy|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
56 Customer Reviews
The brand of Timothy hay I got from Chewy was some of the best broadleaf Sweet Timothy hay I have ever ourchased my rabbits just loved it And the box was really packed with a lot of hay inside there
My guinnie pigs hate it
I bought this thinking that hay is hay since i have bought a few other brands and they ate it all, I was wrong it came and most of the hay is yellowish in color. Not like the other brands which were green. I feed it to my guinnie pigs anyway they want over to it excited and started to eat it but to my surprise they did not finish it like the other brands. I cleaned up most of what they left and tried another handful of the hay. Once again they did try it but left it all and just went over and ate there pellet food instead. Will never buy this brand again.
I bought this product for my bunny, (actually I bought two), and I couldn’t believe how much there is! Should’ve gotten only one, but she loves it and we have an ample supply so we are set! It came packaged extremely well and wrapped in plastic to keep moisture out. Would definitely recommend!
Something has changed
My guinea pigs use to love this, and now for some reason, all 5 when not touch the 1st cut or 2nd cut of this product. I am saddened, because I loved the compressed bale. I have given them different bales from this brand, and they are reacting the same with each bale. I noticed every time I would feed them, they would start weeking for food, and I was confused since I had just put handfuls of this in their cage. So back to the drawing board on finding hay that is good for my little floofers.
Find a different hay
It’s cut so short that it doesn’t fit in any hay feeder. It’s very thick and coarse and I have a hard time believing it’s actually Timothy hay. My rabbits won’t touch it. We are using it for bedding instead.
Thick and tough
I was not impressed with this hay for my guinea pigs. Out of the box I could tell it was tougher than previous hay I'd bought. While they ate plenty, our pigs also threw a lot of it away, using it for bedding instead.
This hay is so much greener and fresher than any other hay I’ve bought. I can tell my rabbit genuinely likes this hay more than the others. I also noticed that his poops look A LOT healthier. Before they were big and too soft and a really light brown where now they look more like normal rabbit poop. Smaller, firmer, and a dark brown. Thank you for helping make my precious rabby happy and healthy. This nation runs on farmers!
What I normally use wasn't available. This seemed to have great reviews. The package was very hard to open. My guinea pig doesn't eat all of it. Leaving alot in the bottom of the cage. Unlike the one I used in the past. I'm not happy with it at all. I'm going to try to find something better.
Horrible. Mostly straw!
Worst quality hay I’ve ever received. Only about 10% is edible. My rabbits pick out the edible parts and lots of inedible thick straw left. Big waste of money.
I moved from CA to SC. Needed to find new source for hay for guinea pig. This is the best!!! He was missing the first cut harder pieces. I found the softer cut everywhere but not his favorite. Quality is great! Packaging is great! I'm so thankful to have found it!