Hill's Prescription Diet a/d Urgent Care with Chicken Wet Dog & Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Highly digestible ingredients and extra calories to help during recovery from serious illness, accident and surgery
- Highly digestible proteins to help wound and tissue healing, preserving lean body mass and promoting a healthy immune system
- Developed with extra calories and increased level of potassium to help avoid depletion
- Highly palatable with a soft consistency aids acceptance by inappetant pets and gives flexibility in feeding -- by bowl, spoon, syringe or feeding tube
- Cats and dogs need extra energy and nutrients to encourage the recovery process and this recipe does just that in an appetizing form
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Recovery Ultra Soft Mousse in Sauce Wet Dog & Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$74.16Chewy Price$70.45Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets CN Critical Nutrition Wet Dog & Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$71.99Chewy Price$68.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support Early Consult Loaf in Sauce Canned Dog Food, 5.2-oz, case of 24$60.00Chewy Price$57.00Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Glycobalance Loaf in Sauce Canned Dog Food, 13.4-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Aging 7+ Loaf in Sauce Canned Dog Food, 5.2-oz, case of 24$74.16Chewy Price$70.45Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet W+U Weight Management + Urinary Care Chicken Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$43.08Chewy Price$40.93Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support E Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$113.99Chewy Price$108.29Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$47.99Chewy Price$45.59Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$56.99Chewy Price$54.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support D Thin Slices in Gravy Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Water, Corn Flour, Pork Liver...||Water, Chicken, Pork Liver...||New: Water, Meat By-products, Beef...||Water, Corn Flour, Pork Liver...||Water, Beef By-Products, Chicken...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||High-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet||Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Beef, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Recovery||Digestive Health||Recovery||Kidney Care||Urinary Tract Health|
Questions & Answers
28 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
407 Customer Reviews
The vet prescribed this food after discovering a tumor in my 13yo boxers intestines. Monster had lost so much weight and were afraid we we gonna lose him for sure. We made the decision to operate and needed to get him nutrition. Vet taught me to mix this food with water and syringe feed him. Well we got home, I popped the can open and he immediately ate the whole can no force feeding needed !!! He's post surgery healing well and putting weight back on. This food is definitely a reason he was able to bounce back!!
Great food for getting my dog to eat after surgery
My pup had surgery for a herniated disc and then had a bad reaction to the anti inflammatory after where it drastically dropped his liver function. While he was recuperating from that he would not eat or drink except if I added peanut butter to his water so my vet suggested I try the Hills Urgent Care dog & cat food and he devoured it! It was the only food he wanted for a while and it got him back to eating normal again :)
Great supportive canned food for cats and dogs
My elderly cat needs to gain some weight. So, my vet suggested supplementing with Hills AD. Maxie LOVES it! She now gets 1/3 of a can for lunch, in addition to her usual breakfast, dinner and some healthy treats.
Two of my cats who have cancer have developed pancreas problems which have caused upset tummies and drastic weight loss. My oldest, senior frank lost 1/3 of his weight, looking like skin and bones only (no type of food stopped the weight loss); the younger male, Cha chi lost less but still had a difficult time finding any food he was able to eat. I panicked I would lose them and my vet prescribed this product which I immediately put them on. Frank could not get enough of the food and almost immediately gained some weight back (since he is 18 may not be able to get it all back) but he purrs every time I come into his room with a food dish. Cha chi likes the food but has to take appetite accelerators to be willing to try to eat. Once he has his budesenide though, he does manage to eat some of this product. Neither of these cats would eat other prescription foods so I think this one is a winner. PS my other cat who also has cancer loves this food but since she is overweight I can't give her all that she would like!
Lifesaver for our cat
Our cat was diagnosed with Stomatitis at age 2. We made it to age 4 until it was necessary to do full mouth extractions. He was in so much pain that he would not eat. Our veterinary specialist recommended this food. He has now had all teeth removed and although it was touch and go for a bit, he is back to eating this food daily. So glad he is getting this nutrition on a daily basis.
My dog had stopped eating. We tried several prescription foods, but she refused to eat. Vet had us try this one and she ate immediately. We mixed it with rice baby cereal. It helped her put some weight back on. Ordered a case from Chewy and it was here in less than two days
Syringe Feeding Sick Kitty
Our cat has a tumor in her jaw and can no longer eat unassisted. She has lost 1 pound in 1 month and is down to 6lbs. She is very hungry and wants to eat. She is well otherwise. We started syringe feeding a/d 1 can mixed with 1/2 cup of water 40cc fed 6 times a day. (one whole can) Its slow going, but she is gaining some weight and is active and happy. We will continue this until she decides that she is ready...it is giving us wonderful quality time with our beloved pet.
A/D prescription wet dog food
Chewy is fantastic! The food arrived the day after I ordered it! This prescription wet food is wonderful. Although it's expensive, it's the only wet canned food my 15 year old Chi will eat. Just as humans lose muscle mass as we age, so do animals. I'm just trying to keep him from getting too thin, and it's working.
only wet food my 19 year old kitty will eat!
Being that Snookie is 19 years old and old age is taking her away from us, a/d is what keeps her going along with a lot of love from her Mom and Dad. We've tried so many different prescription wet food and a/d has been her only source of nutrition. She's still picky at her old age. Thanks a/d for keeping her going.....
Good product for sick kitty
My 18 year old kitty goes through phases every several months in which she stops eating. We are still trying to figure out why with her vet, but at this last occasion, A/D was the only food she would eat. We gave it to her for several weeks and she loved it. It is a perfect consistency for her, as she has no teeth. This food was a lifesaver and nursed her back to health. She is now back to her regular food, but we have this on hand just in case.