Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Water, Pork Liver, Chicken...||Water, Chicken, Pork Liver...||Water, Pork Liver, Chicken...||Pork By-Products, Water, Pork Liver...||Water, Pork Liver, Carrots...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Tuna, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Seafood & Fish||Tuna, Seafood & Fish|
|Health Feature||Kidney Care||Kidney Care||Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health||Kidney Care|
About This Item
- Protects vital kidney and heart function with proven nutrition developed by nutritionists and veterinarians.
- Stimulates appetite and increases caloric intake, and supports the natural ability to build lean muscle daily.
- Made with controlled phosphorus and low sodium, plus therapeutic levels of l-carnitine and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Also includes high levels of essential amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein.
- Made in USA and clinically tested to improve and lengthen the quality of life.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Pate with Tuna Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care + Mobility Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 6.35-lb bag$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support F Dry Cat Food, 3-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$63.99Chewy Price$60.79Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support Early Consult Dry Cat Food, 4.4-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Early Support with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$33.99Chewy Price$32.29Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Advanced Care Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Advanced Care Dry Cat Food, 3.15-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price$24.69Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Cat Food, 2.9-oz, case of 24$50.99Chewy Price$48.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Vegetable & Tuna Stew Wet Cat Food, 2.9-oz, case of 24, bundle of 4$203.96Chewy Price$193.76Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support A Dry Cat Food, 6.6-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support S Dry Cat Food, 6.6-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
19 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
667 Customer Reviews
my cat puts up with this food well enough
I find that hills food isn’t as strong smelling as other wet foods (sometimes my vet gives me samples when they recommend something) so I prefer this for my own sake. My cat loves other hills food but doesn’t like this one as much. She will eat it, particularly when she’s also putting up with her kidney medication consistently but I had to give her pill with my other cat’s prescription food. I like the consistency of this food and overall my cats kidney disease seems to be under good control with this and her pill so I’m glad for that. Just wish it was a bit more chicken flavored for my cats palette, especially since pricing has gone up like $10 a case over the last few years.
Bought a case after trying a few single cans of the same recipe purchased in store. These cans are a much softer pate, almost like the food that comes in tubes. The cans I got in store I would have to add water to in order to get this same consistency. My elderly cat reluctantly eats this recipe. If I mix it with something firmer he eats around it, the younger cat will happily eat it so it is a texture inconsistency problem.
I ordered a case of this wet cat food (which I usually buy by cans at vet's) and the product was much more liquidly than usual. Although I will continue feeding it to my cat, she does not take to it as much as the more solid (yet wet) product. As it is a (expensive) prescription diet and a flavor my cat tolerates, the texture is important in her care. I'm wondering if the product has been changed or I just got a more liquidly batch. It would make a difference on whether I would order another case.
Wet food review
My cat does not like this pate. But that's just her taste. She just doesn't like pate. However, I'm sure the product is great. She loves the stew. Chewy is refunding my purchase of the pate and Are sending me the stew she likes.
My geriatric cat with suboptimal kidneys was switched to this recently. She loves it. She also appears to feel better, and her appetite has increased. Very happy with the product.
Did they change formula? Cats hate it now!
My cats used to love this food but the new case I got is much more liquidy than before. My one cat, who will literally eat anything, refuses to eat it now! I now need to find new wet kidney food.
Cat does not care much for it.
I tried this Hills k/d but my cat did not like it, she would only eat some when she got extremely hungry, I changed to Purina DM which she loves, she actually cannot get enough of it.
What is k/d again?
My elderly cat had a few bites of this, but she was too weak to really give it a try. Personally, I think it is too, mushy, though it has a strong chickenlike odor
cat won't touch any of these flavors
even when i mix 50/50 or more with her favorite foods she won't go near this stuff, eats the royal canin prescription food no problem!
Prescription kidney cat food
Surprisingly, my elderly kitty loves this wet food. The soft pate is easily forked from the can. I just refrigerate the unused portion til next feeding. Currently eats the chicken; will try her on other flavors soon.