Hill's Prescription Diet Derm Complete Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- May help show visible skin improvement in dogs with food sensitivities.
- May help improve night-time scratching and improve sleep quality in some dogs.
- Helps support the skin barrier year-round against environmental irritants.
- Contains a single animal protein source.
- Bioactives and phytonutrients can help normalize immune response.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$89.99Chewy Price$85.49Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets UR Urinary Ox/St Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$35.99Chewy Price$34.19Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Duck Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Low Fat Dry Dog Food, 32-lb bag$109.99Chewy Price$104.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Small Bites Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 7 lb bag$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Salmon Recipe Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$55.99Chewy Price$53.19Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$116.99Chewy Price$111.14Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Venison Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$124.99Chewy Price$118.74Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Ultamino Dry Dog Food, 19.8-lb bag$120.99Chewy Price$114.94Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$107.99Chewy Price$102.59Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Vegetarian Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price$41.79Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Hydrolyzed Chicken...||Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice, Chicken Meal...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Powdered Cellulose...||New: Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||Salmon Hydrolysate, Pea Starch, Potatoes...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Veterinary Diet...|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish|
|Health Feature||Allergy Relief, Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health||Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health|
Questions & Answers
16 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
82 Customer Reviews
I think it’s working
My dog has only been on it 2 weeks. I am having to mix it with the food I had, it’s a 40 lb bag and I can’t throw it away. However, after saying that, Shiloh has stopped all the licking, chewing, shaking that was going on. She did get a shot at the same time.
Dixie is a frenchy and is allergic to every protein, but egg. So finding something for us to feed her was a challenge. We tried this food and she is growing and doing great!! No allergie issues!!
It works, but my dog hates it
Our Vet recommended this to help our Labrador with skin issues. While his skin has healed beautifully, getting him to eat this is nearly impossible. If a Labrador won’t eat it, it has to be bad. It actually smells horrible. Awaiting results of his allergy test so we can try to get him on a food that is more palatable. So while this food has accomplished what we wanted, the constant prodding to eat and need to mix other stuff into it is just not working for us anymore.
10 stars if I could!
It’s been a month since my dog has been on this new food and I’m just WOWed! I usually never leave reviews but this I felt the need for. My dog’s fur has never been this softer and shinier in the 3 years of having him. No more itchy nights. Not itchy during the day. No more patchy fur. I’ve tried so many products on amazon, nothing worked. This has been MAGIC! It’s worth every single dime and penny. It’s only been about a month since he’s been on it and what a difference it’s been. If anyone is wondering, I have a small red nose pitbull, he’s 4 years old.
Still on the fence
Gave only three stars because I’m not sure if this product is addressing my dogs allergic needs. I tried this food to see if it would work with my dogs skin allergies and if it did, he could get off Allergy Medication. After six months, I am not seeing any change. The challenge with this food, is our dog cannot eat anything but this food and the treats that are made to go along with this food. Milo does not like this dry food, so I purchased the can food to mix in. The food is very expensive to not be helping out with my dog’s allergies! The three stars were related to Chew’s quick delivery and easy process in ordering.
Recommend for skin allergies
My Xoloitzcuintli loves this food. I have no problem feeding it to her. I was hesitant when I bought it because of the negative reviews I have read but thankfully we had no issue. Lucy’s skin doesn’t to be as itchy as it once was and some days she isn’t itching at all.
So far so good
We were put on this to try by our vet. Our German Shepard (Ezee) is a very large German Shepherd 14 months. He has gastrointestinal issues and allergies. At this point I’m willing to try anything that would work. He’s been on the kibble about a month, so far he is doing well. The can version of this is gross and sticky. He doesn’t like it and I’m not crazy about wanting to throw up every time I try and feed him. So I’ve been giving him ID turkey can. So far so good. His stools have firmed up and allergies are clear, I’m waiting for the tides to turn but hopefully this will help his needs.
No more loose stools or GERD
My standard poodle suffered from chronic loose stools, diarrhea & GERD from infancy to 1 year of age. We.Tried.Everything. Anal glands wouldn’t empty because stools were so soft. Nightmare. Canned Hills I/D & psyllium helped, but not fully & the cans were too expensive for a large dog. Finally sought another vet opinion - she researched & recommended Hills newest prescription kibble, Derm Complete. Almost overnight, no more diarrhea or GERD. Worth every penny imho. Hills, PLEASE don’t ever change this formula!!
I did not see a diff
My dog was not thrilled about this food. He did eat it for about 2 months that then started to refuse to eat or only eat a little. Also, the kibble is very small. That being said, I did not notice a difference with his allergies. I was hoping to continue him on this food through the Spring when his allergies are worse to see if I noticed a difference then, but he stopped eating this in March.
Helps With Allergies
We have been able to reduce the amount of Apoquel our 2 pups need by feeding them this type of dog food. It works! We learned about it through our veterinarian. Highly suggest looking into it if your pup sufferers from allergies as well. Great food.