Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Protects vital kidney and heart function and supports the natural ability to build lean muscle daily.
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.) technology helps increase the appetite and food intake.
- Made with controlled phosphorus and low sodium, plus therapeutic levels of l-carnitine and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Also includes high levels of essential amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein.
- Made in USA and clinically tested to improve and lengthen the quality of life.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Lamb Dry Dog Food, 8.5-lb bag$50.99Chewy Price$48.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d + Mobility Kidney Care + Mobility with Chicken Dry Dog Food, 18.7-lb bag$96.99Chewy Price$92.14Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Beef & Vegetable Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$47.99Chewy Price$45.59Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support S Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support D Thin Slices in Gravy Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Dry Dog Food, 34-lb bag$113.99Chewy Price$108.29Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support A Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support E Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8.5-lb bag$47.99Chewy Price$45.59Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$82.99Chewy Price$78.84Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Pork Fat...||Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Brewers Rice...||New: Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Chicken Meal...||Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat...||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, Low Fat, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Kidney Care||Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Kidney Care||Digestive Health, Weight Management|
Questions & Answers
28 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
752 Customer Reviews
My 14-year-old Shih Tzu Lizzy has kidney disease. Last month, she got to the point where she wouldn't eat and could barely stand. We considered putting her to sleep, but we decided to try this dog food first. It helped some, but it was hard to get her to eat it when she had no appetite. So, we also ordered "Pet Wellbeing Kidney Support GOLD Bacon Flavored Liquid Kidney Supplement for Dogs & Cats." This supplement restored her appetite, and, along with the dog food, helped her feel 100 times better. I definitely recommend both this dog food and the Kidney Support Gold supplement.
We are Grateful
We are Grateful to Hills for making a food for my senior Norwich terrier Molly. The blood test results after eating Hills Kidney Care (dry topped with stew) lowered Mollys levels to an acceptable range. Thanks for your efforts Hills!
It tastes good, but looks a bit pale
When the vet told me I had to change to prescription Kidney Care food, I just wanted to howl. Gone was my tasty, toasty kibble. I imagined flavorless, spongey pebbles. To my surprise, these are tasty, crunchy bits. They are a bit pale in color though. It doesn't really matter, I gobble it up in seconds without looking, but it could look a bit more appetizing...
She likes it!!
Our senior border collie is a very picky eater and it's always been hard to find a food she will eat. At almost 15, she is having trouble with her kidneys and this makes finding a food she will eat very difficult. We took a chance with this one and so glad we did. She really likes it.
My dog(s) have been very picky eaters all their life. My only male dog needed this dog food. I got the chicken flavor. I cant keep none of my dogs out of it. They all love it. I have been through every dog food brand and flavor and this is what they love.
Works for my dog
I bought this on the Vets recommendation and my dog seems to like it. She's a small 15 year old Pomeranian, and the kibble pieces are small enough for her to chew. She seems to like and eats it even when I offer it between meals as a little treat.
Top shelf service
My local vet did not have the food needed and wouldn't have it for a week or more. Chewy delivered the next day. Happy pup!
Won't eat the kibble
At first foster was eager to eat now we have to doctor it up same problem with Royal canin going to try the canned
Sheltie Loves It
Switched to this food per our vet’s recommendation as our 7 year old sheltie has shown early signs of kidney issues. I was warned by the staff that a lot dogs don’t like it and I agree it has a much stronger smell than most dry dog foods at first ….I was careful to transition him to this food very slowly, little amounts at a time and he never turned it away. He’s always been a good eater and he never leaves a bite behind. I believe the key to success when switching to this food is a slow and steady transition.
A True Winner!
My dog (Tess), diagnosed with low kidney values was prescribed this food. Fortunately she loves it, noticed her skin is better, her coat, and she has a lot more energy! Great Food!