Hill's Prescription Diet r/d Weight Reduction Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Clinically proven nutrition for healthy weight loss in just 8 weeks by aiding to metabolize fat and maintain lean muscle
- Helps your cat feel full and satisfied while supporting a healthy immune system
- Therapeutic L-carnitine levels helps maintain normal fat metabolism in the liver
- Optimal blend of soluble and insoluble fiber aids in digestion
- Added antioxidant nutrients like Vitamins E and C control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food, 17.6-lb bag$97.99Chewy Price$93.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Multi-Benefit with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Satiety Support Weight Management Loaf in Sauce Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$66.96Chewy Price$63.61Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Satiety Support Weight Management Dry Cat Food, 18.7-lb bag$101.99Chewy Price$96.89Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet m/d GlucoSupport Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$63.99Chewy Price$60.79Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets OM Overweight Management Savory Selects with Chicken Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets OM Overweight Management Savory Selects Variety Pack Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$71.99Chewy Price$68.39Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$60.99Chewy Price$57.94Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets DM Dietetic Management Dry Cat Food, 3.5-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Savory Selects in Gravy with Chicken Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$60.99Chewy Price$57.94Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Water, Corn Starch, Egg Product...||Water, Corn Starch, Egg Product...||Chicken, Potatoes, Wheat Flour...||Brown Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat...||Water, Chicken, Pork Liver...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Weight Management||Urinary Tract Health, Weight Management||Urinary Tract Health||Kidney Care||Urinary Tract Health|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
114 Customer Reviews
flavoring dust everywhere
Waited months for it to be back in stock and was excited when it finally was available…literally months. However, was there a manufacturing change responsible for the out of stock because the bags has a ton of what I’d call the flavor coating. It gets everywhere when scooping.
Fantastic diet food for kitties
My 2 cats have been eating this for 9 months now. Their vet put them on it 9 months ago. One cat was 22 pounds and the other was 15.9 pounds. The first cat now weighs 17.6 and the second one is 13.4 pounds. I thought I would have problems with them switching cat food but they love this plant based dry food.I feed them with an automatic feeder that measures out the amounts they are suppose to have. I highly recommend it.
It’s a hit!
Our vet recommended a couple brands, and as being a picky cat mom, I was weary at first since I would have to be switching from a brand we loved and trusted. So far things seem to be good. They (I have three, adult cats, one male and two female) didn’t resist the change, but while the food is supposed to make them feel “fuller longer,” I have noticed that they are eating WAY MORE than they were before, which has lead to much, much more poop.
2 cats barfing
I have two cats eating this food and they are both barfing. We will no longer buy this kind even though the vet recommended it.
My Cat loves it
My cat loves this....she has to be on it for a special diet and eats all of it. Nothing is left in her bowl :+)
Changed our family's lives!
Our vet recommended this prescription diet for NUMEROUS problems, basically stemming from obesity, although we had spent a lot of money and research time getting what we thought was best for our 2 orange tabbies. When we did switch to Hill's Prescription Diet r/d Weight Reduction Dry Cat Food, our 6yo sisters' health improved through weight loss, better fur, cleaner litter and bottoms, with less vomiting and bowel changes. A miracle? Well, the weight is coming off slower than we had hoped but in just a few months they lost over 3 lbs! They are no longer gaining, or evening staying the same....they are slowly and STEADILY losing the excess pounds that were destroying them and robbing us of the healthy kitties we had been used to before all the fat and yuckiness began. Cayenne was over 18 lbs and Nutmeg over 17. Now they are down 1.4 lbs for Cayenne and 1.8 lbs for Nutmeg! :D Our vets seem to think part of the problem with our adopted-as-kittens tabbies is genetic, since we have always had cats but never obese ones (although we have worked so much harder with these two). The r/d prescription food has feeding guidelines on the pkg and you just follow those according to "desired weight". They also believe that by following this diet and continuing working with our babies in every area, they will continue to bring us fun-loving joy for many years to come! <3
Really mom do I have to??
Hopefully we will see results soon. Both of them are a little to plump.
they love it!!
My guys are overweight and I was concerned they might not like this food...I was pleasantly surprised how much they love it!!
Finally found the food to help my cat shed the weight. Not that it’ll work for every cat but it was relieving to finally find the one. As far as chewy’s part it was packaged well to ensure there would be no damage to the bag.
Quality Customer Service
I’ve had our cat food on autoship for awhile now and the timing cycles are perfectly timed. If we’ve had any issues with product delivery, customer service is extremely responsive and helpful. I can’t say enough times how much I love Chewy!!