Hill's Science Diet Adult Oral Care Dry Dog Food
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Interlocking fiber technology helps to clean teeth and freshen breath as your dog chews.
- Helps reduce plaque and tartar buildup to support whole-body health.
- Antioxidant and vitamin E and C blend work together to help support a healthy immune system.
- Made from natural, high-quality ingredients without any artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Made in the USA, this is a complete and balanced diet recommended for adult dogs who require fewer calories.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Active Life Formula Healthy Weight Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb$44.99Chewy Price$42.74Autoship Price
- Hill's Science Diet Adult 7+ Small & Toy Breed Dry Dog Food, 4.5-lb bag$20.53Chewy Price$21.49List Price$19.50Autoship Price
- American Journey Active Life Formula Healthy Weight Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites With Chicken Meal & Barley Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
- dealHill's Science Diet Adult 7+ Chicken & Barley Entree Canned Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$30.84Chewy Price$34.49List Price$29.30Autoship Price
- Hill's Science Diet Adult 7+ Chicken Meal, Rice & Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
- Hill's Science Diet Adult 7+ Small Bites Chicken Meal, Barley & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Dachshund Adult Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$52.99Chewy Price$53.99List Price$50.34Autoship Price
- Nutro Ultra Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$14.42Chewy Price$17.99List Price$13.70Autoship Price
- dealHill's Science Diet Adult Savory Stew with Chicken & Vegetables Canned Dog Food, 12.8-oz, case of 12$30.84Chewy Price$34.49List Price$29.30Autoship Price
- Hill's Science Diet Adult Small Bites Chicken & Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$17.09Chewy Price$18.99List Price$16.24Autoship Price
- Hill's Science Diet Adult Small Paws Chicken Meal & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4.5-lb bag$19.49Chewy Price$21.49List Price$18.52Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Whole Grain Wheat, Powdered Cellulose...||Chicken Meal, Cracked Pearled Barley, Pea Fiber...||New: Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal...||Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Whole Grain Wheat...||Chicken, Rice, Whole Grain Corn...|
|Special Diet||With Grain||Weight Control, With Grain||High-Protein, Weight Control, High Fiber, Low Fat, With Grain||Natural, With Grain||High-Protein, Weight Control, High Fiber, Low Fat, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Dental & Breath Care, Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals...||Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals, Brain Health, Weight Management||Immune Support, Skin & Coat Health, Dental & Breath Care...||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Appetite Stimulation, Muscle Care, Immune Support...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
20 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
421 Customer Reviews
Tips and Tricks
The food has done an amazing job of clearing the plaque and tartar of my dog’s teeth. Unfortunately, the food has only been able to clear the tartar and plaque on one side of her back teeth. I don’t believe this is due to the food, but rather that she chews the food on one side of her back teeth. As much as the food has worked it did, however, take some experimentation to get her to eat the food, so here’s some tips and tricks to get your dog to eat the food. 1. Serve the food in the mornings as their first meal of the day (they will have no choice but to eat it.) 2. Serve the food with some of their favorite wet dog food. (They will be familiar with the wet dog food and it will entice them to eat the new food.) 3. If your dog is a picky eater or has sensitive teeth, you can add some water and microwave it for 10 to 15 seconds. (Depending) 4. If you’re desperate you can add their favorite wet dog food and microwave it. The smell of the wet dog food will get very strong that it will make them curious to the new food. 5. When microwaving and adding wet dog food be careful, don’t make the food too soft. The idea of the size and hardness of the food is that it takes your dog longer to chew which will have your dog use their back teeth. 6. Rotate the food with their regular food. So far these tricks have not affected the effectiveness of the food. I hope this helps. Good Luck!
Pieces are Huge!
My dog would not touch this because the pieces were huge. I tried breaking them apart but still would not even look at them. I wish he would, his teeth need this. Maybe it said on the bag the pieces were big and I just didn't notice.
Great so far!
Bought to use as treats for my German Shepherds and my pickiest one enjoys the food! It’s a hit in our household. Whether it still works or not as a treat is still to be determined.
nuggets are large
Even though there is a small dog pictured on the package, these nuggets are way too large for a small dog. I had to break them up with a rubber mallet.
Way too large for small dogs
I bought a bag for a 12 lb chihuahua mix. The main reason I bought this food was for the 12 lb dog whose teeth were cleaned in September and are so bad, he needs another cleaning in January. The vet suggested this food. I didn’t open it until today. In the meantime, I ordered a 2nd bag because I also wanted to add this to my 2 Golden Retrievers’ main diet. The kibble is NOT the size of a chickpea. It’s the size of a tater tot. My 12 lb dog cannot chew these huge chunks of kibble at all. He was the main reason I bought it. Wish Hills made an appropriate size for smaller dogs. This just won’t work my my little guy. One review here recommended cracking the kibble with a nutcracker. Seems like too much work when a market for a dental care kibble for small dogs definitely exists. Probably won’t buy again after my larger dogs finish these 2 bags.
I have been feeding this food to my dogs for about a year now. It was recommended by my dog's nutritionist (one of my dogs has kidney health issues). At first I was worried they would not like the food but there have been no problems with it. It definitely does work for oral care as my dogs' breath does not stink at all and their teeth are clean. The kibble is pretty big but that is not an issue since I have medium sized dogs (50+lb), might want to reconsider if your dog is very small.
Extremely expensive, but a problem solver.
Kibble size is large, but that is so that your dog will CHEW it and get the tartar off of their teeth. The large size means they are using the back teeth, which is awesome. I have a chihuahua, so all the people with larger dogs saying it is too big to eat: nonsense. My dog's teeth look so much better, and we've only been using it a few weeks. Interestingly, she's been acting like a puppy, lots of playful energy, and up to mischief, and the dog food is all that's changed. It's great to see. My dog LOVES this dog food. My biggest problem is trying to AFFORD it. This dog food cost almost as much per pound as buying meat at the grocery store. I'd like to be able to afford to only feed my dog this product, but I've had a stroke while teaching, and my income is limited. Also, I wish they made a medium size bag, about 15 pounds. Excellent product, though high in price.
I've used these as treats and supplemental food all my dogs have loved it
Our small dog gulped the nuggets
We started with a small bag of this dog food for our 20 lb poodle. She had to crunch each nugget individually and slowly and we thought it would really help clean her teeth. She soon discovered that she could gulp each bite rather than chew it. The nuggets are so large and hard that I don't recommend this for small dogs.
I make our dog’s food, but wanted to add a few “crunchies” for her teeth. She loves them so much we started using them for treats too. We found out our vet does that too!