Iams ProActive Health Kitten Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Dry food designed to help kittens grow into strong, healthy adult cats.
- Chicken is the first ingredient in this recipe.
- Made with omega-3 DHA to support healthy brain development.
- Added vitamin E helps kittens build strong immune defenses.
- Made in the USA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Purina ONE Healthy Kitten Formula Dry Cat Food, 16-lb bag$27.68Chewy Price$32.39List Price$26.30Autoship Price
- Kitten Chow Naturals Original with Added Vitamins, Minerals & Nutrients Dry Cat Food, 13-lb bag$16.98Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Kitten Chow Nurture Muscle & Brain Development Dry Cat Food, 6.3-lb bag$9.49Chewy Price$10.99List Price
- Iams Perfect Portions Healthy Kitten Chicken Recipe Pate Grain-Free Cat Food Trays, 2.6-oz, case of 24 twin-packs$29.36Chewy Price$33.36List Price$27.89Autoship Price
- DealBlue Buffalo Baby Blue Healthy Growth Formula Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Kitten Dry Food, 5-lb bag$21.40Chewy Price$22.99List Price$20.33Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Kitten Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$13.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Egg Formula Grain-Free Kitten Food, 5.5-lb bag$26.48Chewy Price$30.99List Price$25.16Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Kitten Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Cat Food, 16-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$54.49List Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Iams Perfect Portions Healthy Kitten Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Cuts in Gravy Wet Cat Food Trays, 2.6-oz, case of 24 twin-packs$33.36Chewy Price$31.69Autoship Price
- American Journey Kitten Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$23.09Chewy Price$21.94Autoship Price
- Hill's Science Diet Kitten Chicken Recipe Dry Cat Food, 15.5-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$53.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Purina ONE Grain Free Natural Pate Healthy Kitten Chicken & Salmon Recipe Wet Kitten Food, 3-oz, case of 24$28.32Chewy Price$26.90Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Whole Grain Corn...||Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal...||Chicken, Chicken By-product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal...||Chicken, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Brown Rice, Brewers Rice...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, With Grain||High-Protein, Natural, With Grain||High-Protein, Pea-Free, Natural, With Grain||High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||With Grain|
|Health Feature||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Reproduction & Nursing...||Brain Health, High-Energy, Immune Support, Skin & Coat Health||—||Immune Support, Brain Health, Dental & Breath Care...||—|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
16 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
476 Customer Reviews
Disappointing protein level
It's my own fault for not checking the macros. Am feeding a litter of 5 stray kittens. Usually feed a mix of 3 other brands, all kitten formula, which are all 40% protein. Just didn't think to check since in comparison Iams is a premium brand. Oh well lesson learned. Will try it later on when they transition from kitten to adult as I believe right now, while growing, is certainly not the time to cheat them with a lessor quality product.
Eight weeks old skinny kitten. Vet said get high
Calories young kitten food; this one has dry calories boosted with KMR blended in. Rowan Red Warrior has slowly but surely put on that “pound a month for the first four months” vets like to see with a young cat. His muscle development and his ‘jewels “ are showing great development: just in time for his six month ‘tuneup “. Unfortunately, two of the older cats had a GI upset from the KMR in the food and we had to dose them with Caopectate to stop the diarrhea; so be very careful if you allow older cats to sample the kitten food. Otherwise, very happy with this food.
Four abandoned, very young kittens (less than 6 weeks old), I rescued and fostered. They loved the Proactive Health, Kitten Dry Cat Food and grew quickly into beautiful and sweet little cats. All at 12 weeks are healthy and lively and now adopted out into loving homes. They loved the dry cat food. It was easy to serve to them and the price was good.
The kittens love it and the old cat
I had not really used IAMS before, but when I fostered three kittens, (eventually became a foster failure), I was supplied IAMS kitten. I had some very malnourished kittens that also had some health issues, IAMS did wonders for them. So much so, when I ran out and decided to keep the kittens, I ordered more to continue to keep them on this food.
Cats won't eat
Just sad I tried Iams my cats won't eat it... I must have the pickiest cats on the planet becuz I can't get them to eat much of anything I keep trying the more expensive foods and they keep wasting my money... not to say other cats won't like it becuz I'm sure they will but my boys told me Iams isn't good for cats not sure why they say that... just looking to find a food these picky little things will eat... has to be higher end though becuz I need to keep there dander down...
Kittens Love It
We have a feral cat that has recently produced 4 healthy kittens. Their home @ this time is in our garage, which is perfect. They are safe. The Iams kitten dry food is a big hit. They are thriving on this food. The mama cat eats this as well. She is very small and she needs the extra nutrients to keep the kittens growing. I am pleased that the kittens really plow into this food, thus the mama doesn’t bare the entire burden for a proper daily intake. We are pleased with this product (USA) gives them what they need and everyone loves it. Good investment.
Perfect Food for the first year of your new family members life
My kitten absolutely loves this food. He didn't like the first two brands we tried. When we got this for him it was a hit right away. He actually goes to the container where we store his food and meows at it every morning like he's saying "hey humans I would like my yummy food now" Lol Not to mention the pieces are small and perfect for a baby kitten.
Good choice for baby cats!
My cats are all adults, but I do foster kittens often, and this food has been a hit with all my foster litters. I especially like the small kibble size (smaller than some others I've tried) and I think the smallest kittens appreciate it being easier to bite, especially when they are transitioning to solid food.
I had kittens 5 weeks and 7 weeks and they loved this food. I foster and will buy this from now on.
no one ate it
I bought this for a new kitten. He didn't eat it. I have three grown cats and not one of them liked it. I feed an outside stray and he didn't eat it either. I have now given it to a friend who does recues and fosters. Will be interesting to see if her cats eat it.