Kaytee Squirrel & Critter Blend Wild Bird Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Blend designed to lure squirrels, chipmunks and other critters away from bird feeders.
- Tasty mix of healthy corn, seeds and nuts.
- Nutritious meal helps to satisfy critters’ appetites so they leave bird food alone.
- Encourages critters to come back to your yard for wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Barrier packaging helps to seal in freshness.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Harvest Seed & Supply Wild Finch Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Kaytee Sunflower Hearts & Chips Wild Bird Food, 8-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$26.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Wagner's Farmer's Delight Wild Bird Food, 20-lb bag$15.63Chewy Price$17.98List Price$14.85Autoship Price
- Harvest Seed & Supply Red Berry & Nut Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$11.21Chewy Price$11.99List Price$10.65Autoship Price
- Harvest Seed & Supply Mealworm Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$12.59Chewy Price$12.99List Price$11.96Autoship Price
- C&S Peanut Delight No Melt Suet Dough Wild Bird Food, 11.75-oz tray, case of 8$9.98Chewy Price$13.89List Price$9.48Autoship Price
- Harvest Seed & Supply Orchard Blend Wild Bird Food, 8-lb bag$9.99Chewy Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Pennington Premium Select Blend Bird Food, 10-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Harvest Seed & Supply No Waste Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
- dealKaytee Waste Free Blend Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$17.26Chewy Price$19.99List Price$16.40Autoship Price
- St. Albans Bay Suet Plus Berry & Peanut Suet Wild Bird Food, case of 10$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Wild Delight Deck, Porch N' Patio Wild Bird Food, 20-lb bag$56.41Chewy Price$59.99List Price$53.59Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Corn, Oil Sunflower, Whole Peanuts...||Corn, Black Oil Sunflower Seed, Peanuts, Whole Peanuts.||Grain Products, Sunflower, Calcium Carbonate...||Grain Products, White Proso Millet, Black Oil Sunflower Seeds||Black Oil Sunflower Seed, Safflower Seed|
|Bird Type||Wild Bird||Wild Bird, Chickadee, Jay, Quail, Woodpecker||Wild Bird, Cardinal, Chickadee...||Wild Bird, Finch, Bunting...||Wild Bird, Cardinal, Chickadee, Dove, Finch, Grosbeak, Titmouse|
|Food Form||Seed & Grain Blend||Seed & Grain Blend||Seed & Grain Blend||Seed & Grain Blend||Birdseed|
|Small Pet Type||Squirrel||—||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
144 Customer Reviews
Wow,the squirrels and bird absolutely love this food !!!
Our animals usually get along,and I might even go as far to say they have good manners and patience.lol They went crazy over this food and they are not afraid to get near you to get it. I'm not exaggerating about this but we had 2 cute little birds,old enough to fly and maybe not fully grown but definitely getting there,they actually were pecking at our toes like they wanted something but we could figure out what because we had the food out and the birdbath freshly cleaned and new water..etc.. everything they could want and they were looking at me and my girlfriend sitting outside near them and they came over like they wanted to tell us something and lightly were pecking on my toes and then hers lol this never happened before we got this blend and I can't say for sure that's the reason but those are the facts.. I will definitely be buying again and will have to set autoship on a lot sooner than I originally set it. My only crazy sounding guess is that these little Birds were thanking us.. I like to believe that but I also can't think of another single reason(?)
A bit Disappointing
I was really looking forward to giving my yard critters a special treat and found the multiple positive reviews very encouraging. What I had not anticipated is that the little creatures (squirrels/raccoons and the "others)) were quite spoiled by the bountiful seasonal buffet from my avocado, pear, peach and plum trees. And, of course, my daily offerings of unshelled unsalted peanuts. I so enjoy watching the Blue Jays and the squirrels coming for their daily treats. I thought This special blend food would be extra special. Not so . . . my local crew is spoiled rotten and not even the rats (unavoidable) touched it. The raccoon did scratch and sniff, but passed. His first stop was to check for any left over cat kibble, which the Jays enjoy, as well as the cats. Next he went to the dish where he can usually find a few leftover peanuts from the day crew. But there was only Kayee Critter Blend. You can almost sense his disappointment as he ambles off into the night. (I gave this 2 stars because I believe that normal wild animals would enjoy it, as noted in other reviews. My wild animals are just used to better.)
Squirrels & Birds - Very Happy...and no peanut shell mess!
We had to find an alternative to the peanuts we were feeding the squirrels....the shells were causing an issue with two of our good neighbors....and the cleanup on my end was also getting tiring....the Katee which has very few peanuts was a good alternative...and our squirrels and birds are very happy every morning at feeding time...and the shell problem is 99% resolved......
I enjoy feeding my little buddies, and I've been doing so for 10 years. I tried this new food and they love it. I did however find out that some of the seeds fell into the deck cracks and the squirrels chewed and scratched my deck to get to the seeds, not good. I have since started throwing the seeds on the ground and have had no problems other than I can no longer watch them eat.
Even City Squirrels love this food!
I live downtown & walk to work every day. I was surprised to find so many Squirrels along the way in such an urban area. They all seem to act & think I should be providing treats. They made me feel guilty that I didn't. So I saw the critters food while shopping on Chewy. Thought I'd give it a try & see if my furry friends would like it. Needless to say it was a huge hit. Being downtown I can't imagine they have much of a food source. Other than handouts from pedestrians. Will be able to continue feeding my little buddies since Chewy prices are so reasonable.
Critters Love This!
The squirrels absolutely love this. Since they only like the tip of the corn kernel they drop the rest on the ground. Doves, crows and Bluejays dine on what’s on the ground.
No one eats this
Mostly corn and local wildlife won’t eat it. Maybe they would be desperate enough in winter but it’s spring here and they eat the peanuts and just let the rest lay. So we won’t buy again. We also have raccoons, skunks, and possums. They wander by at night and Hoover up anything left out. Anything but this feed that is…..
I wish it had less corn and more sunflower seeds. I have a lot of corn in my yard as they don't seem to want it. I have squirrels, Chipmunks and rabbits.
I haven't minded the few squirrels sharing bird seed at my many feeders. But I bought this to see if they would like it. Apparently no one does- squirrels, birds, racoons and possums-because it remains uneaten in my feeder dishes and untouched on the ground. Disappointing!
Squirrels love it
Of course they grab the nuts first but once one finds the food, they all do. Great value for what I get. Squirrels are very happy!!!