Lafeber Classic Nutri-Berries Parakeet Food
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Hulled White Proso Millet, Hulled Canary Grass Seed, Oat Groats...||Ground Corn, Soybean Meal, Wheat Flour...||White Millet, Canary Grass Seed, Oat Groats...||White Proso Millet, Canary Grass Seed, Wheat...||Ground Corn, Brown Rice, Soybean Meal...|
|Bird Type||Parakeet, Lovebird, Budgie, Parrotlet||Parakeet||Parakeet||Parakeet||Parakeet|
|Food Form||Treats||Pellets||Seed & Grain Blend||Seed & Grain Blend||Pellets|
|Food Flavor||Fruits & Vegetables||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
About This Item
- Unique shape and formulation includes savory peanuts, hulled canary seed, millet, oat groats, cracked corn and much more in a fun-to-eat shape that promotes foraging and mental stimulation.
- Unlike most other seed-based foods, Lafeber hulls their seeds and grains first so the added vitamins and minerals are not lost when with the bird cracks and discards the shell.
- Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids promote healthy skin and feathers, while essential chelated minerals are quickly absorbed for maximum benefit.
- Made and hand-packed in the USA on the Lafeber farm using sulfite-free vegetables and fruits; naturally flavored and preserved.
- Veterinarian developed to deliver exceptional nutrition; can be served as a complete diet or an engaging, healthy treat.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Modesto Milling Organic, No Corn, No Soy Layer Crumbles Poultry Feed, 25-lb bag$37.50Chewy Price$40.50List Price$35.63Autoship Price
- dealSunseed Vita Prima Conure Food, 3-lb bag$11.69Chewy Price$16.99List Price$11.11Autoship Price
- Perky-Pet Nectar Concentrate Orange Oriole Food, 32-oz bottle, 32-oz bottle$9.52Chewy Price$11.49List Price
- Kaytee Northeast Regional Blend Wild Bird Food, 7-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- dealHiggins InTune Natural Bird Food, 2-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- dealLafeber Sunny Orchard Nutri-Berries Parrot Food, 3-lb bag$32.99Chewy Price
- dealLafeber Premium Daily Diet Canary Bird Food, 25-lb box$79.99Chewy Price
- dealHari Tropimix Enrichment Small Parrot Food, 20-lb bag$70.88Chewy Price$101.99List Price$67.34Autoship Price
- Lafeber Tropical Fruit Nutri-Berries Macaw & Cockatoo Food, 3-lb bag, bundle of 2$62.68Chewy Price$65.98List Price
- Eggland's Best 19% Protein Organic Starter-Grower Crumbles Chick Feed, 5-lb bag$10.63Chewy Price$12.99List Price$10.10Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
38 Customer Reviews
Can't get enough
This stuff is wild. My parrotlet loves it. Just the sound of the bag gets it excited and can't wait for me to put it in the dish. It meets me at the cage door.
So Healthy for Baby Keet
Last year, I chose a cute baby keet that came home well, yet within two weeks, he stopped chirping and became lethargic. I was hesitant to rush to the vet because at the time, avian vet’s availability was limited and the cost of a visit was 3 times the cost of the bird. I did some research and purchased Nutriberries to use as his primary food. He didn’t like the balls, so I use a mortar and pestle to make into seeds. His health turned around in a few days. He was chirping, jumping all around his cage, and even squawking at the dog. The turnaround was really something. I now mix Lafeber with dried greens and grit, all from Chewy. His first birthday is coming up and there have been no further health scares.
They need to be packed as fragile, but isn't!
The product is great and my bird loves them. HOWEVER The shipping needs to be done more carefully since these are fragile seed balls. They arrived to me 50% or more smashed into plain seeds because they were packaged loose with 11lbs of other pet food plus other items. Buyer be aware.
Nutri Berries - nutritious or junk food?
Although to me this is a junk food for birds (based on ingredients) I use them as forage treats for my budgies and tiels. They enjoy scrounging around the bottom of their cage to find these.
Very Nice, I crumbled it as recommened. They love it!!
Young bird, new bird
It has been ages since I had a parakeet friend. I adopted a young bird and tried it out on loose seed with some additives. I purchased the Nutri-berries and both of us were pleased with the food! Practically all of the berry is eaten and I feel better that the nutrition a growing bird needs is there in the pellet.
Morgan loves Nutri-Berries
Morgan is a picky eater. Loves all the flavors of Lafeber’s Nutri-berries. We love Chewy. Absolutely the best customer service and products.
I bought these as a “treat” to encourage my birds to work a little harder at getting their meal. We’re starting slowly :) They are basically a ball of seeds held together by a “glue” of sugar with vitamins and minerals. For this reason I wouldn’t offer these as a sole diet, but they are great for once daily treats! My linnies like to hold things with their feet, and these are the perfect size. The. Fugue chase them around their food bowl, the bottom of their cage, or other surface, so just make sure their eating surface is clean before serving. All the birds still pick o. Their favorite seeds to eat first and then eat the crumbled mess after, so if they eat over a dish it is less messy and cleaner for them to eat from as well. Of course, that hardly ever goes as planned with the budgies, but I think parrots that use their feet (like the linnies) appreciate it. :)
Happy bird owner!
My very picky parakeet loves these berries. I have had him for over 6 months and have been trying to get him to eat pellets with zero luck. I called Lafeber’s and they told me that these were nutritionally balanced and a good option for my bird. He also refuses to eat any veggies or fruit so I’m happy I have this option to turn to.
Snacks for my Birds
Great product. My Birds love it. They look forward to their snack.