MidWest LifeStages Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Designed with added security features to keep your pet safe, there is now a patented Paw Block and locking tips on the slide-bolt door latch(es) to create a safer, more secure home for your paw-tner!
- Available in multiple sizes! If your pup's weight or measurements are on the higher side for this crate, choose the next crate size up. When in doubt, bigger is better!
- This dog crate has protective rubber feet, a carrying handle and comes with a divider panel, and a durable, leak-proof plastic pan.
- This portable crate is easy to assemble—you can set it up in just seconds with no tool required! Plus, it conveniently folds flat for travel.
- The durable and strong, quality construction creates a secure place for your furry friend to den. This safe crate has proper ventilation, large door openings with low thresholds and patented rounded corner clips.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- MidWest iCrate Fold & Carry Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, 36 inch$57.99Chewy Price$116.99List Price
- Frisco Double Door Furniture Style Dog Crate, White, 42-in$349.99Chewy Price
- MidWest iCrate Fold & Carry Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, 36 inch$61.17Chewy Price$122.99List Price
- MidWest iCrate Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, Pink, 24 inch$35.99Chewy Price$90.99List Price
- MidWest LifeStages Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, 24 inch$41.99Chewy Price$106.99List Price
- MidWest Quiet Time Fleece Dog Crate Mat, Gray, 30-in$14.99Chewy Price$35.99List Price
- MidWest Quiet Time Fashion Plush Bolster Dog Crate Mat, Pink, 30-in$15.18Chewy Price$43.99List Price
- MidWest Quiet Time Crate Cover, Gray Geometric, 36-in$33.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Frisco Fold & Carry Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, 24 inch$34.99Chewy Price
- MidWest iCrate Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate Kit, Black, 42 inch$128.99Chewy Price$186.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Features||Collapsible, Divider Included, Removable Pan...||Collapsible, Divider Included, Removable Pan...||Collapsible, Divider Included, Removable Pan, Carry Handle||Collapsible, Divider Included, Double Door...||Collapsible, Divider Included, Removable Pan...|
|Material||Coated Metal, Plastic, Metal||Coated Metal, Plastic, Metal||Coated Steel, Metal||Coated Metal, Plastic, Metal||Coated Metal, Plastic, Metal|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds|
|Tools Included||—||No Tools Required||No||—||—|
Questions & Answers
24 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
435 Customer Reviews
The cage has an original way to open it Plus it has a door at the back door at the front. All you do is lift the top of this one up in the cage it’s ready. It’s heavy duty with coated wire. It’s a great cage dog. It arrived fast and CHEWY prices are better than any other for a big dog crate. When I Call to order the girls very helpful the order was placed I had received in a few days. I like the style of this one in the ease of putting it together. It has heavy duty locking doors.
Always a good choice
Midwest crates are the best. I have used these for years & I think the quality is better now, than when I last purchased one about 10 years ago. The crate bottom is much sturdier than other brands.
So many issues
I have two GSDs that I need to separate occasionally, so I purchased this crate for my female. The good - it is a large enough crate for my male shepherd (120lbs) to fit and move around comfortably (if he'd go inside, which he won't). The bad - it was an absolute nightmare to assemble. I don't know if it was the way the crate was manufactured or if it happened during delivery but the sides were essentially jammed into each other and took three people and a few hours to un-jam the sides just to complete basic assembly. The crate came with a divider, which I need for my smaller female shepherd, and it is useless. The divider is not a correct height and pulls in a way that will buckle the crate in the center, and you cannot use the tray and divider at the same time. If I had the energy and manpower to disassemble I'd return it.
MidWest LifeStages Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate
As mentioned in numerous reviews, this crate also has burrs on over half of the wire ends. The burrs are very sharp and have the potential to cause injuries to pets and people. With the amount of wires that were not deburred, it is obvious the manufacturing process is lacking. Corrective action would be a simple fix. However, it appears Midwest is not too concerned. The crate is very sturdy. Fit, form, and function, is satisfactory. Note to metals trade artisans: Be willing and prepared to deburr the wire ends, and name plate.
Lifestages crate Size
I have always loved the life stages but Midwest did change the size of these crates. And they don't match up to the packaging. I bought 3 just to replace the ones that was rusting from being older, now I have to buy 3 more just for them to line up. I do dog shows and it doesn't look professional when you have multiple sizes. Also when your dogs can range from 17.5-20.5 you need to now adjust and go with larger crates for the larger pup. I sure wouldn't want to be cramped up all day because of a crate. Sure wished Midwest would of made an announcement so chewy and others could change the sizing. but we the customer have to find out the hard way and like in my situation now have to buy even more than what was really needed. The newer crates also tend to not go together as well and seem not as sturdy compared to the original ones. 3 star is more for midwest and not chewy. As its not chewys fault if the manufacture doesn't make the proper adjustment to the labels.
Exactly what I was looking for
I had a large crate for a dog I had a while back, and I figured I could try to make it work for my new Scottish Terrier pup, Cleo. I tried using a couple different methods to close off some of the crate to limit her space but sure enough, none of them worked and she still found a way to make space to go potty in there. I realized I needed to buy a whole new crate that’s an appropriate size for her, and one that has a divider so it can expand as she gets older. I have an adult male Scottie already so I used his measurements to find an appropriate sized crate that would just leave enough space for him to lay down, stand up and turn around (he is fully potty trained and doesn’t use a crate anymore, but the new pup will grow to be the same size and I wanted to ensure that if she still needs it by the time she’s an adult, she can still fit). When the packaged arrived in less than a week, I opened up the box and set the crate up with the divider. It took less than 5 min total. Both dogs were immediately curious and playing in the crate. The divider is definitely my favorite feature of this product, along with the removable tray. The quality is excellent for the price, and I definitely would recommend this product for anyone with an adult dog or a growing puppy!
Dimensions are smaller than stated on Chewy website.
Seems like a small thing that the crate is smaller than stated on the website, but the crate liner I purchased would not fit in the crate because of the difference. Buyer beware!
Warning - sizes wrong in listing vs product
Quality for other MidWest products has been good and perhaps this crate is too, but unfortunately the sizes are wrong as another reviewer stated - listed larger than the actual size. For example, I purchased the medium which was supposed to be 30 x 21 x 23 per listing and size guide image, but it's actually 30.67 x 19.3 x 21.46 per the box. I see this is an issue on another crate of this brand too - the 2 door version. The manufacturer may have changed sizes and listings weren't updated to correctly reflect the current item.
Does exactly what’s needed and works great for my 2 month corgi puppy, divider is helpful and a great option to have. Love that the bottom is so easy to clean, we have only had a few accidents but it’s been super helpful.
Not for big dogs
Unfortunately this didn't work out for my dog. It was way to flimsy for my large dog. He wasted no time breaking out. Do not recommend for more powerful dogs.