Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Lamb & Brown Rice Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Lamb is the first ingredient in this recipe, providing essential protein and amino acids to help maintain strong muscles, while brown rice offers a rich source of fiber for digestive health.
- Formulated with a simplified list of premium ingredients—a single animal protein source, healthy grains and no soy, gluten, artificial colors or flavors.
- Nature Balance’s puppy formula is specially made to help your little dog grow big and strong, with DHA from fish oil to help support healthy brain development.
- Each bite is specifically shaped for small mouths.
- Natural Balance offers delicious, nutrient-rich recipes for all puppies, including those with sensitive stomachs, irritable skin and allergies.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Puppy Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$16.64Chewy Price$18.69List Price$15.81Autoship Price
- DealNatural Balance Limited Ingredient Reserve Grain-Free Duck & Potato Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$52.98Chewy Price$50.33Autoship Price
- American Journey Puppy Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- DealNatural Balance Limited Ingredient Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$24.98Chewy Price$23.73Autoship Price
- DealNatural Balance Limited Ingredient Salmon & Brown Rice Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$72.98Chewy Price$69.33Autoship Price
- DealSolid Gold Wolf Cub Bison & Oatmeal Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$72.99Chewy Price$69.34Autoship Price
- DealSolid Gold Love At First Bark Puppy Grain-Free Chicken, Potato & Apple Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Go! Solutions Carnivore Grain-Free Chicken, Turkey + Duck Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food, 3.5-lb bag$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
- DealCANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Petite Salmon Formula Small Breed Puppy Limited Ingredient Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$38.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Now Fresh Grain-Free Large Breed Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$65.99Chewy Price$62.69Autoship Price
- Merrick Healthy Grains Raw-Coated Kibble Puppy Recipe Freeze-Dried Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price$24.69Autoship Price
- Nulo Freestyle Salmon & Turkey Recipe Large Breed Puppy Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag$82.99Chewy Price$78.84Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Lamb, Brown Rice, Lamb Meal...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Salmon, Salmon Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols)...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...|
|Special Diet||Limited Ingredient Diet, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Sensitive Digestion...||Limited Ingredient Diet, With Grain||Limited Ingredient Diet, With Grain, Premium||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, High-Protein, Sensitive Digestion...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, High-Protein, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health||—||High-Energy, Muscle Care, Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||All Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
131 Customer Reviews
as much as we love chewy and there're service. This is the second time we have received are dog food open and and scattered throughout the box within a couple months. the carrier box is intact so it leads me to believe there is a snagging or packaging issue at the wearhouse.
We got our puppy in March 2022. Started on the food and it was great, puppy transitioned off of her old food nicely, and had no digestive issues. The next bag we bought was a different shaped kibble - went from Cheerios shape to small round kibble. Not a huge deal, because the ingredients were the same, but for our large puppy these smaller kibble pieces weren’t ideal as she could just inhale her food. The next bag we purchased was again new. The shape was even smaller, now a disc shape, and MUCH lighter yellow. Since I wasn’t anticipating a change to the food again, I didn’t have any of the last bag of food left to mix with the new formula. Our puppy did NOT react well to this change (runny stool, light yellow, etc). I reached out directly to the manufacturer to ask (they actually have a pretty easy to navigate chat feature on their website) as it was pretty concerning that I never got a single bag of food that was the same. The person was pretty rude and not understanding/empathetic, but did let me know that they switched the formula from sunflower to canola oil due to sourcing issues and it’s “more shelf stable” All that to say, we ended up having to waste a 30 lb bag of food (no longer in the original bag so couldn’t return or donate) and now switched to Blue Buffalo and have had 0 issues since
this product has caused distress in my puppy that I never had with previous use. The kibble is too small also.
Best one out there
Have tried many and although they have made some changes in size of kibble etc.. it’s still the best for coat and overall health. I do supplement w pre and post biotics
No longer the same food :(
Pieces are now the size of kitty food (Photo - new style/mixture is on the left), and something in it is no longer agreeing with my boy... Crazy wicked gas, now! It's super disappointing since this is the one chicken-free with grains food that worked for us. NB assures me that it's the same formula, but it doesn't seem so. The "cheerios" were perfect. Why change a good thing?!
Bathroom Problems Solved
My French Bulldog puppy was not having consistent stools and after starting him on this they have been great!
All dried out
I was Purchasing natural balance from the pet store but they couldn’t get me the larger bag so I bought it from Chevy. I bought 2 large bags & when I opened it & compared it to the small bag I got from the pet store, it was all dried out I mean completely dried out no oils in it at all compared to the small bag from the pet store. I’d imagine all the nutrients in that food was gone as well. I’m completely disappointed & won’t buy from Chevy anymore. I’ve heard other people tell me similar stories also. So if you’re going to buy from Chevy watch what you’re getting.
it fixed diarrhea issues for our lab
he has been having diarrhea issues since we got him home and the breeder was no help, kept saying things like may be we are giving him wrong water, treats etc etc. i fell for that for first month and a half. after spending a lot at vets, tests, meds I knew by heart thats not it. he was on Purina Salmon 30/20 all stages. we even tried beef. I always wanted to shift him to Fromm or wellness brand but could not as it will be on and off(off only he is back to chicken rice) and this kept going till he was 4 months. after a lot of research Natural Balance is the only grain-inclusive chicken-free and single protein food I could find for puppies. we slowly transitioned over 12-14 days (will suggest getting a smaller bag) and he did amazing on it. we sometimes add home made beef/chicken/turkey topper to this and he almost eats his bowl. also almost half cup of this fits in a big kong. we fill the kong that way run water through it, seal the top with peanut butter and freeze. that makes it a great lunch. but because he is a lab, and this food does not have glucosamine or relatively lower of protein/fat, we will keep adding the topper plus keep giving him the glucosamine supplement. now he gets salmon oil on his food 3 days a week and glucosamine supplement(cosequine) for the other 4 days
Seems pretty good
Our pup came to us from the breeder on this food. She seems to like it ok, we have to add a bit of wet food to get her interested in it and our vet has us adding veggies to up the fiber due to her having soft stool. I do like the ingredients, just wish she was into it and was having good poops without having to add all the extras!
My dog seems to like this food and it has made his stomach more settled.