Petmate Basic Hooded Cat Litter Pan
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Litter Box Type||Covered||Covered||Sifting, Covered||Covered||Top Entry, Covered|
About This Item
- Durable litter box that provides your kitty a clean and private place to take care of her business.
- Removable door keeps your furry friend out of sight.
- High walls prevent litter from scattering out of the box.
- Features replaceable odor-absorbing filter to keep your home smelling fur-esh.
- Lowered entry point grants easy access for cats of all ages.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Modern Hooded Cat Litter Box, Grey$21.99Chewy Price
- Cat Love Hooded Cat Litter Pan, Grey$46.83Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Frisco Top Entry Cat Litter Box, Gray, Large 23-in$33.44Chewy Price
- Frisco Hooded Cat Litter Box, Gray, Large 20-in$21.78Chewy Price
- Nature's Miracle Oval Hooded Litter Box$29.41Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Frisco Flip Top Hooded Cat Litter Box, Gray, Large, 22-in$39.59Chewy Price
- Van Ness Enclosed Cat Litter Pan, Large White$14.03Chewy Price$25.69List Price
- Frisco Hooded Cat Litter Box, Navy, Extra Large, 26-in$34.64Chewy Price
- Catit Magic Blue Cat Litter Box, Jumbo$42.99Chewy Price
- IRIS Large Shielded Litter Pan, Black$29.99Chewy Price$32.99List Price
- Frisco Flip Top Hooded Corner Cat Litter Box, Large, 21-in$28.99Chewy Price
- Catit Hooded Cat Pan, Grey, Jumbo$35.99Chewy Price$53.99List Price
Questions & Answers
24 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
412 Customer Reviews
Great for large cat
We rescued a boy cat that is about 15 pounds. He is not the biggest cat I have ever seen, but he is quite a bit larger than average. I got a hooded box so that I could place it on a table out of reach of my small dog and my toddler because we went through 3 baby gates trying to keep them out of the laundry room where the litter box was! I obviously didn't want an uncovered litter box on a table in my laundry room though... this works perfect! ( I did need the jumbo because the large is not large at all.. but I have found that to be the case with every litter box I have ever seen... the jumbo could be bigger, but it is big enough which is all that matters) I wasn't sure if Momo would like the hood, and at first he was very suspicious. So I removed the entry flap and he loves it. No litter scattered out. I do not think pee would come out of the crevice, but Momo actually doesn't pee high so I cannot say for certain. The lid is extremely light and you just lift it off to change the litter and place it right back on. No effort at all. The box itself can get pretty heavy with standard cat litter because it is large.
Pretty & Pink!
Fits my trixie hidden cat box furniture perfectly!! I took off the plastic swinging door since it won’t work with the opening of the furniture. A little flimsy but works well.
Great for small cat
It's great for my small 5½ pound 17 yr. old cat. Not using nearly as much litter in this smaller litter box. I don't use the door on it (nor the doors on previous litter boxes I've had). The one I just got rid of gave off an odd odor; I could never figure out why, Using same litter but no more strange odor.
It's ok I guess
I thought it was kinda pricey for a litter box. And I was not happy that when I got it and removed it out of the shipping box the plactic nob that holds the door in place was broken . The delivery box was not dented in any way or damaged. And the top and bottom of the litter box are zip tied together . I was just a little cranky for me personally spending that much for a box that I still have to hand scoop and part of it be broken
Liking it so far.
Got the jumbo size (in the "blue steel" color) because one of my cats would occasionally miss and accidentally pee outside the smaller pan I was using. The higher sides also helps. Have been using it without the lid, but there was still an accident (first time in a couple of weeks since switching to the larger pan) so I may have to use the lid as well. We'll see how that goes. Also, the rounded bottom of the pan makes scooping the litter a little easier.
Purchased upon reading other reviews and I wasn’t as satisfied, the door doesn’t glide easily my cats don’t want to use it):
It'll do for now
Our kitten was a surprise so we had no supplies. We wanted a covered litter box for the smell but we were honestly concerned she wouldn't use it. She does but it's a really cheap box. The door falls off. Constantly and I don't really want to reach in there and find it haha. It'll be fine until we can upgrade.
Skip this one
Shape of the tray makes it very difficult to scoop out properly. The door is ill-fitting so I had to remove it or my cat couldn't get in or out. Top doesn't latch to bottom well so if you're not carefull when you lift it by the awkward handle the bottom will fall off and you end up with a mess to clean up.
Not great but cute
I got it for my girl kitty because it's exactly what I needed plus super cute and pink! But the door just kind hangs from one side the other side doesn't stay attached and when it is attached it doesn't open and close so both of my kitties have gotten trapped and wrestled the entire lid off of the box which was kind of funny to see but they do not like it since I got it two days ago they have both tried it exactly on time I've now taken the little door off but they still won't use it
Not worth your money
I will start positive. It is a "cute" litter box, if you can consider a litter box "cute". It is small and compact, which is good for my space. However.....it is made of very flimsy plastic, the door is useless (we removed it), and within 5 minutes, one of my cats started chewing on the filter (removed that as well). Why this item is being sold for more than $10 is beyond me. Don't fall into the "cute" trap like I did. Save your money!