Petmate Two Door Top Load Dog & Cat Kennel
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Multiple doors offer easy access and versatility.
- Steel wire and plastic construction to keep your pet safe.
- Modern design so your little one rides in style.
- Heavy duty ergonomic carry handle for safer pet transport.
- Available in two sizes that accommodate pets ranging from 5 to 20 pounds.
Click here for the Petmate Airline Travel Kit.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, Almond & Black, Small$49.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Two Door Top Load Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, Blue, 24-in$37.96Chewy Price$39.99List Price
- Frisco Premium Travel Bag Dog & Cat Carrier, Black, Medium$30.99Chewy Price
- MidWest Skudo Standard Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, 24-in$43.64Chewy Price$75.99List Price
- Richell Double Door Dog & Cat Carrier, White & Beige, Medium$79.99Chewy Price$80.00List Price
- MidWest Spree Hard-Sided Dog & Cat Kennel, 24-in, Blue$30.99Chewy Price$43.99List Price
- dealPetmate Top Load Cat Kennel, Pearl Bubble Grape/Black$42.76Chewy Price$46.99List Price
- Petmate Vari Dog & Cat Kennel, Small$45.95Chewy Price$66.99List Price
- Petmate Ruff Maxx Dog & Cat Kennel, Off White/Green, 26-in$49.93Chewy Price$85.99List Price
- Frisco Top Loading Cat Kennel, Gray$20.99Chewy Price
- MidWest Skudo Deluxe Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, 27-in$87.26Chewy Price$116.99List Price
- Petmate Ultra Vari Dog & Cat Kennel, Bleached Linen, Small$57.95Chewy Price$78.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Features||Top Load, Carry Handle||Top Load, Carry Handle||—||—||—|
|Material||Plastic, Stainless Steel, Metal||Plastic||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic||Plastic, Steel, Metal|
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds|
|Tools Included||No Tools Required||No||No Tools Required||No||No Tools Required|
|Small Pet Type||—||—||—||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||—|
Questions & Answers
41 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1011 Customer Reviews
Firstly, I've tried several brands of hard carriers and they all fell short compared to PetMate . I trust them to hold my cats securely to and from the vet. I especially like the no frills front and top door as the door fits securely in the holes. For added security I use zip ties instead of the hardware included as they can loosen over time. I just wish the selection of colors were all the same price.
Don’t waste your money
It took me 30 minutes to put this together because none of the screws fit in the holes. The holes were too small. I had to take a screwdriver and make the holes bigger so bolts would fit. Even the top section doesn’t close good because holes are too small. Guess why that’s why it was on sale. Additionally it says for dog 10-20 pounds. I would hate to see a 20 pound dog in this crate. My dog is 11 pounds and barely fits.
Great Smaller Crate
I ordered this crate after reading many reviews. This is a quality crate, easy to assemble, love the lid opening, and it easily fits on the back seat of an Insight, (small car). It fits my 20 lb mix pup but due to its small size took a bit of treats to tempt him in. He does fit and can turn around and likes it now. It saves the car from sand and salt after our short daily beach run.
Good seems sturdy
Bought this as a Replacement for my old top loading kennel. Seems sturdy. I don’t like that the carry handle is on the door (so all the weight is working to spring that door open). But that being said, it’s definitely better built than other similar carriers. I do wish it had a quick release system for cleaning as opposed to the 8+ screws!!!
We used this carrier for the first time recently to take our 2 12 - 15 lbs cats (one at a time) to the vet. Very secure and roomy. We placed a scrap piece of carpet cut to size on the bottom. I like how the front door is secured not just by holes for the latch to poke through. There's indentations in the carrier itself. Top loading was much easier and less stressful on everyone involved!
Well designed carrier
The medium was a perfect size for an adult cat. It was easy to assemble and lighter than my previous carrier. The lighter weight made it easier to manage. I haven’t used a top lid carrier before, but I can see the advantages of having a front and top entry option. I would recommend this carrier to anyone.
I have a 3 lb havanese puppy, and this crate has been fantastic. I added in cardboard to block off half of the crate since it’s still too big for him. Easy to put together and looks cute. the door in top has been really handy too
I bought the medium size for my veterinary transport of cats who range from 8 to 12#. It’s sturdy goes together well and I especially like the top opening so cats can be easily retrieved and put back in their safe space.
sturdy, but be careful sizing
This is sturdy and good quality, but the posted dimensions are a little misleading. Length and width include a couple of hardware inches that are not internal useable space. So, be careful in choosing size.
This is my 2nd carrier. Still have the first one I bought in 2019. Please read the directions before assembling. The door fits fine & goes on first. Please make sure you put it in the right holes at the top & not the holes you can see but the ones further back. It’s a great carrier for vet visits.