PetSafe Freedom Aluminum Pet Door
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Solid aluminum frame has reinforced corners for heavy use or for multiple pet homes
- Closing panel is included for improved weather-resistance or to control your pet’s access to the pet door
- Flexible, tinted, and adjustable soft flap with magnetic closure and pile weather stripping along the sides of the flap opening form a weather-resistant seal
- Easy do-it-yourself installation
- Fits doors from 3/8" to 2" thick
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- PetSafe Pet Door Installation Kit$16.30Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- PetSafe Pet Door for Dogs & Cats, Large$59.95Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- PetSafe Freedom Pet Door Replacement Flapp, Medium$26.95Chewy Price$31.99List Price
- DealPetSafe Classic Pet Door Replacement Flap, Small$17.56Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- BarksBar Plastic Dog Door, Medium$34.95Chewy Price$45.99List Price
- PetSafe Extreme Weather Energy Efficient Pet Door, Small$61.95Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- Dog Mate Dog Door, Small$44.99Chewy Price$48.96List Price
- DealHigh Tech Pet Products Armor Flex Airtight Extreme Weather Magnetic Closure System Door Mount Pet Door, Small$249.99Chewy Price$299.99List Price
- Endura Flap Single Flap Door Mount Dog & Cat Door, Small, White$289.99Chewy Price
- PlexiDor Performance Pet Doors Dog Door Wall Installation, Large, White$858.00Chewy Price$927.00List Price
- DealHigh Tech Pet Products Medium Power Automatic Sliding Glass Pet Patio Door, White, Tall$769.99Chewy Price$929.99List Price
- Endura Flap Double Flap Wall Mount Dog & Cat Door, X-Large, White$799.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Aluminum, Metal||Plastic||Plastic, Vinyl / PVC||Plastic|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds|
Questions & Answers
26 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
174 Customer Reviews
My dog loves it
While this has been very useful, one must be certain that you have the right kind of door/entry to install what will be a permanent entry/exit "doggy door." I'm lucky to know an excellent handyman/carpenter who cut this into my porch entry storm door, using plexiglass to fill the gaps
Freedom Aluminum Pet Door
Package came in good condition in just a few days. Read reviews and got some metal bolts. Instructions very clear & easy to follow. Even n cold days, don't loose heat from house as flap works great.
Perfect cat door!
I replaced a smaller cat door with this one. Love it! I can lock it at night with no difficulty. My other door the cats could push right through. Great door, glad I got it.
Flimsy plastic screws but easily replaced.
The initial installation was fairly easy. It helps to use a level to ensure the template when taped to the door is perfectly square. The instructions require one to remove the interior or exterior door. That’s not necessary, although it can be a little awkward when running the jigsaw. My only reservation about giving this five stars is that the kit comes with flimsy plastic screws which are impossible to screw into the frame. I replaced them with sturdier machine screws. Also, the magnetic strip at the bottom of the door flap closes firmly making it difficult for the cats to push against it. Other than that, it’s a well constructed and quality door.
Better than a TuTu
We had a Large PET SAFE door for our late and beloved Doberwoman. Along comes "Tilly" the Rottweiler, who is now grown to a healthy 115# and was happy squeezing thru. But we didn't realize how squeezed she was, UNTIL the day there were workmen behind our fence. They woke Tilly from her nap at the window, she saw them out there and proceeded to charge outside. The large doggie door caught on her hips, ripped from the wall as Tilly ran to the fence wearing it like a ballerina's Tutu! Unhurt and proudly sounding her alarm, I freed her and began the search for an EXTRA Large. Unable to find one locally I turned to the best doggie retailer. Of course CHEWY came through: it was in stock and shipped & delivered with their usual speediness. The X-Lg unit installed easily, along with a (larger) re-built wall frame to hold its sturdy aluminum frame it stands up to the charge. Thanks CHEWY and Thanks PET SAFE for making such a quality product. Yes the old large door was (almost) none the worse for wear as it was the model with plastic frame it ripped cleanly away. This doggie door fits and it easy enough to open even for Tilly's little=big brother 6# Pepe (Teacup Chihuahua). If You have a yard and a dog PET SAFE doggie doors are great!
I'm so glad I spent the money for a metal door - so much sturdier than the plastic ones. The template was easy to follow and the door was a perfect fit. My brother in law had to help me cut the door because it's a metal door with a foam core and quick thick, but the door still had a little overlap so it fit tightly. We did use our own screws instead of the plastic ones, though, because he said the plastic ones are not reliable. Still, it's a great door and the dogs love being able to run in an out during the day. I wondered if it would be too high for my little dog. One weighs 10 the other weighs 25, so I got a medium door. Both of them can easily go in and out, in spite of the difference in sizes. I had to put some pavers outside the back door so there wasn't such a drop when they go out. That did the trick.
New Petsafe door style.
Appears to fit closely to old Petsafe Classic door. I bought this door to replace Classic when the current replacement flag wears out.
I might as well just have a hole in the door. The flap is light and does not form any type of seal. I'm looking at my porch through the giant gap as I write this review. After spending several hours installing this attractive piece of uselessness into a brand new steel door, I am disappointed I did not order the same brand I have used before that lasted 5 years and formed a true seal. This flap is thin and and forms no seal.
Great option for dogs with working parents
We work during the day and the Petsafe doggie door allows the dogs to come in and out throughout the day. No more coming home at lunch and letting them out. We purchased 2" stainless machine screws (8/32) prior to the arrival of the order to replace the plastic screws that come with the door. Installation was easy into the new entry door we also purchased. Dogs immediately figured out how to use it. The only complaint is the flap occasionally blows open. We live in Indiana now, but had the same door at our home in Mississippi and did not have this problem. Perhaps the magnetic strip is different? We can slide the cover on if it gets too bad.
Replacement for our small built in dog door
We have used a small (cat size) built in door for our various small (10# & under) for 18 years. older largest dog, Blossom has had to 'duck' to use. This size door built in, has made it so much easier for her to come & go. So very satisfied with quality and fast delivery of Chewy products.