Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets CN Critical Nutrition Wet Dog & Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This energy dense formula provides concentrated nutrition to your dog or cat that is critically ill, anorectic, or recovering from surgery.
- A smooth texture makes assisted feeding with a syringe of feeding tube easy.
- Added antioxidants promote overall wellbeing and high protein and fat content provides nutrition for your pet when they need it most.
- High palatability and digestible so your pet can experience it benefits quickly.
- Made in the USA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet a/d Urgent Care with Chicken Wet Dog & Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$75.99Chewy Price$72.19Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Recovery Ultra Soft Mousse in Sauce Wet Dog & Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$74.16Chewy Price$70.45Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Naturals Wet Dog Food, 13.4-oz, case of 12$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet GI Gastrointestinal Support Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$83.76Chewy Price$79.57Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet GI Gastrointestinal Support Low Fat Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$86.16Chewy Price$81.85Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Naturals Dry Dog Food, 32-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Glycobalance Loaf in Sauce Canned Dog Food, 13.4-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet W+U Weight Management + Urinary Care Chicken Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$86.16Chewy Price$81.85Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Mature Consult Loaf in Sauce Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$86.16Chewy Price$81.85Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet GI Gastrointestinal Support Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$31.78Chewy Price$30.19Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet h/d Heart Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Puppy Gastrointestinal Ultra Soft Mousse in Sauce Canned Dog Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$81.36Chewy Price$77.29Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||New: Water, Meat By-products, Beef...||Water, Chicken, Pork Liver...||Water, Pork Liver, Rice...||Water, Turkey Giblets, Pork Liver...||Water, Corn Flour, Pork Liver...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, Low Fat, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet||Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Beef, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Recovery||Digestive Health||Digestive Health, Weight Management||Recovery||Kidney Care|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
69 Customer Reviews
It’s got byproducts, etc. not sure about recommending it!
I don’t get why they use byproducts when they have been discouraged from use for lack of quality in pet food. Anyway, my cat, who is quite I’ll slowly stopped eating it within a week, She put herself back on prescription hills k/d and continues to eat it. We hoped she would put weight back on, using critical care diet, buy did not.
Not good for tube feeding
I bought this food because Chewy was sold out of Hills Urgent Care. It seemed like a comparable food, though Purina uses animal byproducts and Hills doesn't. This food specifically states that it is made for tube feeding, yet it has large pieces of tough cartilage that do not get chopped up in a blender/food processor. I can't believe they allow such large pieces in this food while saying it is appropriate for tube feeding. Even after seiving the diluted blenderized mixture, I still had bits large enough to cause major clogs. Luckily, my syringe tip was smaller than the tube I was feeding through, and the clogs happened in the syringe and not the $1000 irreplaceable feeding tube that is my dog's lifeline right now. I have a large dog with a 19fr esophagostomy tube. If you have a small dog or a cat, you definitely do not want to tube feed this food, as it will clog your tube no matter how well you process/seive it. I have an entire unopened case of this food I would love to be able to return.
Well definitely go buy 3 or 4 cans before committing to a case. This food is a ridiculous price by the can but the case price makes it a better deal. So far my dog is consistently loving this food every day! I add water to it so she can just lap it up because she has no teeth although this food is actually softer and squishier than most cans of food but my dog seems to get tired of trying to eat but adding water so she can lap it up enables her to finish the entire bowl every day!
Our senior Kitty loves it
Our senior kitty stopped eating and became very fussy. He has a thyroid problem and struggles with keeping weight on. He loved this and put on one pound in just two weeks.
my kitten needed high calorie/high fat diet to recover from her illness. I divided a can into 3-4 feedings/day, she loves it.. she gains about 1 pound in 2 weeks. now she is very strong, wild and healthy kitten. she has high energy to bounce around the house all the time!
Our sweet Kady was diagnosed with a terminal illness and had stopped eating. When our vet prescribed this food, Kady gobbled it down with no hesitation. It allowed us a little more time with her, and assured us that she was getting the nutrition she needed. Highly recommend Purina Pro Plan CN!
Faster than fast
I was in a near panic when the vet's office said my guy's prescription food would not be in til the next week and I was gonna need it in 2-3 days. Had been told to check local pet stores but no luck, so I turned to Chewy and hoped for a speedy delivery. Well, I ordered it on a Wed evening and it went out the next morning around 8:30 and was at my door Friday just past noon. Wow! Stress level was down to zero and the first can was opened for an evening meal. My kitty and I both say thanks!
Best nutritional food
I bought this food for our family dog Gizmo because he wasn't eating. We force fed him this stuff and eventually he started to eat it on his own. He is finally starting to gain weight as he was nothing but skin and bones
Beyond Impressed with this dog food and with Chewy!
My dog was diagnosed with Lymphoma and it was harder and harder to find food that he could eat and that he liked. It was so nice to have something that was good for him and he enjoyed. But even MORE impressive, was Chewy's service. I have NEVER experienced anything like it. What a kind and amazing company this is. I am loyal to my small local pet food store for the basics but I will buy EVERYTHING else pet related from Chewy from now on.
Great for finicky cats
My cat does nothing want to eat and while he is mot eating a can a day, he does eat this food and I have tried many.