Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Vegetarian Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Great-tasting dry dog food with hydrolyzed protein.
- Crafted in collaboration with nutritionists, researchers and veterinarians.
- Features hydrolyzed protein that has been broken down into smaller components.
- Developed with a single high-quality protein source and single carbohydrate source.
- Specially formulated to be highly digestible and promote optimal nutrient absorption in dogs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Salmon Flavor Dry Dog Food, 16.5-lb bag$86.99Chewy Price$82.64Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price$41.79Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$89.99Chewy Price$85.49Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$34.98Chewy Price$33.23Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$107.98Chewy Price$102.58Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Salmon Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Duck Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$51.48Chewy Price$48.91Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets DRM Dermatologic Management Naturals Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$109.99Chewy Price$104.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Small Bites Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 7 lb bag$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 4$235.96Chewy Price$224.16Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Low Fat Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$37.99Chewy Price$36.09Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Isolate, Coconut Oil...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Isolate, Partially Hydrogenated Canola Oil Preserved With Tbhq...||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Corn...||Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal...||Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice, Dried Egg Product...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Vegetarian, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Low-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Fruits & Vegetables||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health||Kidney Care|
Questions & Answers
32 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
446 Customer Reviews
An actual lifesaver!
Beetle is a dalmatian/border collie mix with what we affectionately refer to as "dumb tum," aka IBD. He would throw up several times a day every single day, and after finally finding a vet who would give him a thorough checkup and endoscopy (never feel bad about looking for another vet! Health is a priority for our pups!) we discovered that Beetle has very severe IBD. On top of being on steroids for the rest of his life, we now have to give Beetle this hydrolyzed veterinary diet to ensure that his Dumb Tum stays happy and healthy. Since we switched to this food and started up his 'roids, the bug has been feeling so much better. He's finally doing zoomies again and always wanting to play! The one issue I have with this formula is that it doesn't fill him up at all. Even with twice the regular amount of food, we have to supplement his diet with pasta and sweet potatoes to make sure he feels nice and full. He's hungry much more often now, so I'm hoping Purina can develop a formula that'll stick with him a little longer. I understand that a big pro to this food is that it's almost entirely fat free since Dumb Tums can't digest fat well, but Purina is great about innovating new answers to old questions. Let's hope they figure this one out so I don't have to keep peeling sweet potatoes every night!
We have spent $10k in the last 3 years on RX diets, homemade diets, blood work, scans, specialists, surgery-- you name it-- to get our 12 year old mini-poodle, Lucy, to feel good again. She has several allergies, chronic pancreatitis, liver bile issues, and general GI upset/chronic vomiting. She has been on this food for about a month now and THRIVING. She is like a puppy again! No more daily cerenia for vomiting, no accidents, and all the energy in the world to run around! Yes, this food is expensive, but I promise you it's better than paying endless vet bills. TRY THE FOOD. You'll be glad you did.
This seems to be helping our old dog, who has apparently developed allergies to some foods. These food sensitivities are very hard to figure out, but our vet recommended we try this added to her regular natural raw and cooked food as a substitute for the chicken she was eating, since chicken is a very common allergen. Chewy was very helpful in locating our doctor's prescription.
Life changing product
My beautiful little Cavachon is nine years old. He has dealt with digestive issues, IBD in particular for the past five years. Most recently also adding chronic pancreatitis to the list. After consulting with a very respected veterinarian nutritionist and internist, Finley was put on this food and it has changed our world. The only other things that he eats are diced carrots,diced green beans and cucumber slices, which I use to administer his meds. He does also get the Purina Hydrolyzed treats which he loves. Hopefully any of you dealing with these issues will have the same success with this food that we have had.
I've tried this food for awhile now and while it does help with allergies, it seems to be lacking in something. Not only has my dog lost weight regardless of how much he eats, he has also started to obsessively seek out other foods, even things he doesn't like. I won't be using purina vet foods anymore
Happy dog with special diet needs
I am so far very pleased with this alternative to another brands hydrolyzed protein diet food. My dog has been on a strict hydrolyzed protein diet her entire life and I wanted to offer her some variety. She seems to love this food and there has been no tummy upset so far in making the transition from prior food to this (so far I am at about 50/50 old food/new food). I am also using pieces of this food in her treat jar and she seems excited about it. Thank you Chewy for processing and shipping out the new order so fast.
Dog did not like but did seem to work
We were prescribed this food for suspected allergies. Our 13 year old GSP liked it at first and ate it, but after about 2 weeks he stopped eating it and it eventually got to the point to where he spit it out and refused to eat even a single piece. We are moving on to give novel proteins a try! With that being said, it did seem to improve his symptoms of pododermatitis.
I would recommend this item if your dog has teeth!
The vet prescribed this to my rescue dog due to my dog having bad dental issues, but the kibbles being either too hard for her or after softening it, it just was sticky and mashed together. It didn't look too appealing to my dog and my dog completely refused it. Unfortunately, after so many tries, my dog still didn't touch any of it and resorted to her old food. If my dog had teeth, this would have been a great option as the ingredients and food is easy on the digestive system. I have recommended it to my other friends who have dogs that still have teeth and they said their dog didn't have any issues with the food.
HA Veggie Food
I had my doubts at first, however, my dog loves this food and doesn't miss the other food. I had an online chat with someone from Chewy before ordering this food, they were very helpful, in making my decision to order from here.
Seems to help
This was recommended by my vet for my senior dog with chronic diarrhea and multiple food allergies. We are still on the first bag, he eats it fine and is having firmer poop, sometimes.