Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Ultamino Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A veterinary-exclusive dry dog food for adult dogs with food sensitivities needing a short-term elimination diet or long-term nutrition.
- Clinically tested to help reduce skin reactions that may be due to sensitivities to common proteins found in pet foods.
- Minimizes the risk of reaction with proteins extensively broken down to a size that’s virtually unrecognizable by the immune system.
- Reinforces the skin barrier with specific nutrients to support healthy skin in dogs with skin sensitivity and irritation.
- Helps support healthy digestion with an exclusive blend of fibers.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein HP Dry Dog Food, 25.3-lb bag$121.99Chewy Price$115.89Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Small Bites Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 7 lb bag$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Vegetarian Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$117.98Chewy Price$112.08Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PW Dry Dog Food, 30.8-lb bag$142.99Chewy Price$135.84Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Salmon Flavor Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$34.98Chewy Price$33.23Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.7-oz, case of 24$136.56Chewy Price$129.73Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Hydrolyzed Protein Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food, 24.2-lb bag$122.99Chewy Price$116.84Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Poultry By-Products Aggregate, Coconut Oil...||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat...||Brewers Rice, Corn, Chicken Fat...||Potato, Rabbit Meal, Coconut Oil...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Barley, Corn Gluten Meal...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free||Low Glycemic, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Rabbit, Meat||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Diabetic Support, Weight Management, Digestive Health|
Questions & Answers
34 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
597 Customer Reviews
Advice to Parents of Finicky Dogs
My 3 star review is 100% related to my dog-child's finicky nature. This was a food recommended by our Vet as a trial to treat suspected food allergies (specifically, protein). Fair warning if you have a sensitive nose: It has a very strong aroma! I'm sharing my experience to hopefully help others who might have trouble getting their dogs adjusted to this food. Chloe flat out REFUSED to eat it! We tried it dry. Nope. We tried it wet. Nope. We tried adding mashed banana. Nope! Mashed sweet potato? Nope!! Applesauce? Nope!!! She would lick up all the good stuff, leaving every morsel of the kibble behind. In just 10 days, our 15 lb. dog had already lost a full pound. Finally, at the advice of our vet, we put the very crunchy kibble in the food processor and added enough water to make it more like a wet or canned food. Eureka!!! It's only day 1 of that experiment, but we are hopeful we have found the solution. Hope this helps some other dog parents out there.
This food has literally been a life saver for my pug. He suffers from allergies so badly that his fur falls out, repeated ear infections, hot spots, eye infections. I have tried everything, medications, diet, daily medicated baths. I removed the grass and lantana from the yard, I vaccum frequently. We tried hydrolized food several brands. Finally the Ultamino diet along with medications have worked (for the most part ). I don't care for the smell of the Ultamino, but then I don't have to eat it. My pug loves it, however, it does seem to cause some constipation, so I ususally soak it in water for a bit to soften it. Just very grateful that something has made a difference
Better than any and all brands
Simply the best! My pup suffered from vomiting bile, and soft stool, even when eating premium brands like Blue Buffalo. After switching to this thanks to our vet, all of that went away! Worth the price!! Pro tip: if your dog doesn’t eat it right off the bat, just wait! They’ll eat once they’re hungry!! ;)
Good for allergies
This food was the only one our vet prescribed when we were doing an elimination diet for my dog's food allergies. Unfortunately, we ultimately had to throw the rest out after finding out my dog is allergic to corn and corn starch is one of the main ingredients, but that's nothing against this food specifically. It is pricey, but less pricey than vet visits for diarrhea all the time. My dog liked the food at first, but quickly got sick of it. I tried to cut it into halves to use them as treats, but these kibble are hard as rocks! Don't know how my dog's teeth get through them, since a knife didn't.
better than purina HA
We first I tried Purina HA vegetarian flavor for my dog with total meat allergies, did a slow transition but he hated it and got explosive diarrhea for the few weeks he was on it. Got to a point where he refused to eat for days. Maybe the chicken would’ve been better but it was such a bad experience that i’m scared off from purina. Switched to Ultamino and he is doing SO much better. I also tried Hill’s Z/D (dry and canned) and he seems to like that the best. I will still keep getting the Ultamino to alternate because variety is good for them and he likes to have something different to eat. Mixing the hills z/d canned with Ultamino dry or Hills dry really gets his appetite going. Really grateful to have these options, it was getting scary trying to figure out what to feed him.
It seems to work/crazy expensive
Two vets recommended this for our dog who has food sensitivities (what a curse for a dog!). Since eating it, his nails are now clear (no signs of infection) and he itches less. Because of that, I've had to make my peace with a very high price, crazy-sounding ingredients and a partial understanding of the reason for it (it breaks it down to amino acids...) as well as what is a relatively high calorie count (it's a struggle to maintain his weight). I'd love to try something else (and we have in the past), but this has worked the best.
So far so good
Our dog has skin allergies and food sensitivities. He’s also had urinary troubles in the past. Our vet recommended this food and so far he is doing great, no problems. It must taste good too because he seems to really enjoy eating it
If you think you've tried it all, try this
Ultamino is a wonder food if you've exhausted all your hydrolyzed protein options. The protein in this food is broken down even further, to the amino acid level making it virtually impossible for it to trigger protein allergies. The food definitely has a funky smell (not sure where people get buttered popcorn from?) but who cares! This food is meant for dogs who truly have no other option. Owners who have been through a million vet appointments, procedures, prescription diets, and back don't care about the smell of the food, they just need something to work. For those complaining of the ingredient "quality", corn starch is the most highly digestible purified carbohydrate source, and powdered cellulose and chicory root powder are scientifically proven to be the most effective prebiotics to encourage a healthy and diverse microbiome in dogs. Stop gut-reacting to labels and do some research. RC spent ten years and hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop this formulation with vets and engineers and nutritionists. You're paying for the time, research, testing, and trials that went into this food, not just the ingredients themselves. And no, I have 0 affiliation with the company, I just am saddened to think of dogs who may really need this diet not receiving it because of uneducated owners.
Good prescription food
My English bill dogs recently got prescribed this very expensive food. Chewy made it easy for us to reorder so we didn’t have to go to the vet once a week. They love this food.
Spit it out
I gave my dog his 1st cup of this dog food. He smelled it, picked at it, spit it out and would not eat it.