Sweet Meadow Farm Timothy Hay Small Pet Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This grassy 2nd-cutting timothy hay is all-natural, and suitable for everyday feeding.
- Soft in texture and sweet-tasting—a yummy way to help keep your pal happy and healthy.
- Rich in fiber, helping to promote the health of your pal’s digestive tract, teeth and overall well-being.
- Hand-packed at a small family farm in the northeast.
- Grown without the use of pesticides.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food, 9-lb bag$25.49Chewy Price$29.99List Price$24.22Autoship Price
- DealOxbow Garden Select Adult Rabbit Food, 25-lb bag$49.89Chewy Price$52.49List Price$47.40Autoship Price
- DealKaytee First Cut Timothy Hay Small Animal Food, 6.5-lb bag$23.99Chewy Price$22.79Autoship Price
- DealVitakraft VitaSmart Complete Nutrition Natural Foraging Blend Rabbit Food, 4-lb bag$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Premium Timothy Pellets Adult Guinea Pig Food, 40-lb bag$37.99Chewy Price$36.09Autoship Price
- Rabbit Hole Hay Ultra Premium, Hand Packed Medium Timothy Hay Small Animal Food, 20-lb box$60.66Chewy Price$76.47List Price$57.63Autoship Price
- DealVitakraft Vita Smart Complete Nutrition Premium Fortified Blend with Ancient Grains Gerbil, Rat & Mouse Food, 2-lb bag$8.39Chewy Price$9.99List Price$7.97Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Hamster Food & Gerbil Food All Natural Hamster & Gerbil Food, 1-lb bag$5.52Chewy Price$6.49List Price$5.24Autoship Price
- Oxbow Animal Health Oxbow Hay Blends Western Timothy & Orchard, 20-oz.$5.59Chewy Price$6.99List Price$5.31Autoship Price
- Oxbow Oat Hay Small Animal Food, 15-oz bag$5.19Chewy Price$6.49List Price$4.93Autoship Price
- Kaytee Supreme Fortified Daily Diet Gerbil & Hamster Food, 20-lb bag$25.93Chewy Price$30.99List Price$24.63Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Original Blend Pellets Guinea Pig Food, 5-lb bag$7.89Chewy Price$7.50Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Timothy Hay.||Timothy Hay.||Timothy Hay, Chamomile, Rose Hips.||Natural Sun-Cured Timothy Hay||Sun Cured Timothy Grass Hay.|
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Hamster, Gerbil||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Hamster, Gerbil||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Hamster, Gerbil, Chinchilla||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu|
|Health Feature||—||—||—||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||—|
|Special Diet||—||—||—||High Fiber||High Fiber|
Questions & Answers
4 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
194 Customer Reviews
My all my critters love it. It always smells good even thought it is brown. I love the long strands, that makes it stay in the hay racks until pulled out. Frank the rabbit loves to nestle down and nibble all day. I've bought 3 boxes and I'm getting ready to order 2 more. I decided to try Sweet Meadow when I got Frank. I went to reorder the alfalfa and ordered the Timothy instead. I like it, my 4 guinea pigs LOVE IT, and so does Frank! Even though it is mostly brown, it is still soft and pleasant to smell!
Chewy is not posting all reviews. 2nd attempt at honest review.
I hate to leave a negative review, but there is something wrong with Chewys inventory of this item. Don't be surprised if you get a bad box. My entire box of hay was completely brown and unedible. Chewy sent a replacement box right away but half of the hay in the new box was also brown. My 5 pigs love the green hay but have to pick out the dead brown hay and they leave masses of it on their cage floor. A lot of waste. Half of the box is not usable. Two boxes in a row! I hope Chewy figures out why the inventory of this item has gone bad, I was looking forward to trying new hay. After so many bad online reviews I'd go through the warehouses. It seems like this is very old stuff though I'm not sure if it is because of the farm Sweet Meadow itself or because its been sitting in Chewys warehouse too long. Buy with caution. I love Chewy this has been the only problem I've ever had with a purchase!
It was just ok
Buying hay is tricky. Sometimes its fresh and sometimes stale. It takes time to harvest, package, manufacture, market. This was likely about a year old as it was likely late last summers crop. So my bunny wouldnt eat it. However I think some bunnies wouldnt mind.
Bunny loves it!
Honestly love this stuff! Reviews are all over the place, but me and my bun love this. Minimal dust and its tightly compressed so theres ALOT in there. I predict its gonna last 2 months with my single bun as its already been a month and a half! My only complaint is that its softer than I prefer bc Ik crunchier hay is better for there teeth, but honestly it doesn’t bother me enough to not order again! Hay isnt all green but It smelled fresh and my bun still eats it just fine.
Stay away from it
I have had GPs for 8 years now and bought numerous boxes of Timothy. I don't even know what kind of grass/ hay this is supposed to be. It's full of brown leaves, stringy grass, etc. Doesn't even smell like Timothy, my boy who has never been picky a day in his life pushed this all over his cage.
Poor quality hay
This stuff looks like the decorative hay you would put in an Easter basket. The only difference is that it is brown rather than green. I doubt my bunnies will be eating this.
Fresh, Popular hay
All four of my guinea pigs loved this hay! Bought two boxes, both had a good variety of texture! Very fragrant, fresh, green hay.
Bought this hay before and it was fresh with good texture and my angora bunnies loved it! This box arrived and the hay looks like the soft brown paper shreds used for packing or to fill baskets. I don’t understand how two shipments could be so different.
My Holland Lop bunny, JC LOVES this hay. I am amazed how fast he goes through a pile each week. It smells fresh and sweet when you open the box. I have horse hay in the barn but this is just too good to pass up for my precious bin!
Mostly Brown and Stale
For expensive hay, this was a waste of money. Most of it is brown and stale, and my guinea pigs will not eat it. It is not moldy, just brown, like it was harvested after the grass was already dead.