Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This roasted bison and roasted venison dry puppy food is crafted with real meat as the #1 ingredient and is high in protein (28%) to help support bones, joints and lean muscles.
- Crafted with vitamins and minerals from real fruits and superfoods, omega fatty acids for skin and coat health and nutrients for the energy your furry friend needs thrive!
- Contains species-specific K9 Strain Proprietary Probiotics, along with antioxidants and prebiotics to help support healthy digestion, immune system health and overall health and wellness.
- Made in the USA by a family-owned brand that uses quality ingredients from trusted domestic and global sources.
- A grain-free recipe specially crafted for puppies.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealAmerican Journey Puppy Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Smoke-Flavored Salmon Puppy Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 14-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
- DealAmerican Journey Puppy Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$52.46Chewy Price$49.84Autoship Price
- ACANA Puppy Recipe Grain-Free Dry Puppy Food, 25-lb bag$69.99Chewy Price$66.49Autoship Price
- DealAmerican Journey Protein & Grains Puppy Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$50.23Chewy Price$47.72Autoship Price
- Wellness Complete Health Puppy Deboned Chicken, Oatmeal & Salmon Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$69.98Chewy Price$72.99List Price$66.48Autoship Price
- Earthborn Holistic Puppy Vantage Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$63.14Chewy Price$59.98Autoship Price
- DealAmerican Journey Protein & Grains Puppy Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dog Food, 28-lb bag$49.51Chewy Price$47.03Autoship Price
- CANIDAE PURE with Wholesome Grains Real Salmon & Oatmeal Recipe Puppy Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$10.49Chewy Price$15.99List Price$9.97Autoship Price
- Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Dry Dog Food Puppy Recipe, 12-lb bag$47.98Chewy Price$45.58Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Puppy Grain-Free Dry Puppy Food, 13-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- ORIJEN Amazing Grains Puppy Large Breed Dry Dog Food, 22.5-lb bag$101.99Chewy Price$96.89Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Water Buffalo, Lamb Meal, Sweet Potatoes...||Salmon, Ocean Fish Meal, Sweet Potatoes...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Pea Protein...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Pea Protein...||Deboned Beef, Beef Meal, Peas...|
|Special Diet||Grain-Free||Grain-Free, Chicken-Free||High-Protein, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Natural||Grain-Free, High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Natural||High-Protein, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Natural|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Dental & Breath Care||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Dental & Breath Care||—||Immune Support, Muscle Care||—|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||All Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Lamb, Beef, Venison, Meat||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken||Beef, Meat|
Questions & Answers
49 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1639 Customer Reviews
shiny coat but stinky poo
I tried this with my english shepherd pup -- I think I've learned from this that his breed does better with grain because his poops were rank. Like hold-your-breath when he pops a squat bad. We could smell it thru the doggy bags on walks. In the yard try not to stand downwind. I mean, the food is very high quality and Eugene grew a beautiful shiny coat. We're in touch with some of his siblings and he'd outgrown them by a margin of ~8lbs - and definitely not with fat. We're now transitioning him to Wellness puppy food with grain and the poops were immediately more tolerable. From what I've read, grain free is OK for breeds with heritage outside agrarian cultures (think husky). I'll keep my farm dog on grain from here on out.
We purchased this product after having our pup on another dog food that we thought was a quality product. She was experiencing hair loss and very loose stools with the other product. After switching to Taste of the Wild, her hair stopped falling out, looks beautiful, and her stool is normal and healthy. And she LOVES it! Definitely a win!!
Ace did not like the taste
Got this food thinking it was going to be great. Although, my dog Ace did not like the flavor at all. Ended up calling Chewy for a refund and donated the remaining food to a local animal shelter.
Great for allergies
Our 4 month old puppy was adopted and had really dry, itchy skin with some scabs (did not have parasites or mites). I feed my cats Taste of the Wild and came across this food that has a different protein other than chicken. After a month of being on this food (which she loves) her coat is gleaming and she is no longer itching (as you can see in the photo). I have never had an issue with this brand and I am extremely particular when it comes to choosing the best food for my animals.
Will not purchase again
At first my puppies loved this food, there are not many beef choices in puppy food. I just ordered a 5lb, and a 14lb bag. Opened the 5lb bag and it smells rancid and neither puppy would eat. Scrambling to find something to switch quickly to without stomach upset.
Not good for yeasty dogs
I thought this was a good quality dog food but Unfortunately two of my dogs developed yeast infections on their skin and in their ears.
My Westie breeder highly recommended this product in the puppy phase and it was well ingested. Now we have moved on to the adult formula. High quality ingredients.
Baxter turned up nose
My mini goldendoodle would not eat this at all plain. He just flat out turned up his nose at it. So, in order to use up the bag, I have to combine it with another dog food + then add canned food to mix them both together. I think it's a good product, and I bought it based on the reviews I read. But not EVERY picky dog eater will go for it.
Shar Pei Puppy Approved
My shar pei puppy is pretty picky and would not touch his Iams puppy food at all he hated it . So I did some research and it showed that this was the best brand of dog food for shar peis since they are prone to certain allergies . Rocky loves this food and he is growing so fast with it. He was also itching and scratching like crazy before this food now he never itches .
My Olde English Bulldogge, Waffles, LOVES this food. He transitioned without a problem, and his skin, coat, and growth rate are great.