VetriScience Composure Chicken Liver Flavored Soft Chews Calming Supplement for Cats
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Supports balanced behavior for cats exhibiting nervousness, hyperactivity, anxiety or responding to environmentally-induced stress
- Calming formula providing C3 Calming Complex, L-Theanine and Thiamine to ease nervousness without affecting your cat's personality
- Begins working in 20-30 minutes. Dosing can be doubled or tripled to achieve the desired result if needed
- Composure soft chews have a tasty, chicken liver flavor that cats love
- Veterinarian formulated and safe for long term
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- ThunderWunders Calming Cat Paw Gel, 3-oz bottle$15.87Chewy Price$19.95List Price$15.08Autoship Price
- HomeoPet Feline Anxiety Relief Cat Supplement, 450 drops$14.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Calming Care Cat Supplement, 45 count$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- NaturVet Hemp Quiet Moments Liquid Calming Supplement for Cats, 1-oz bottle$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Feliway Classic Calming Spray for Cats, 60-mL$24.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Comfort Zone Calming Pheromone Breakaway Cat Collar, 4 count$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
- Feliway Classic 30 Day Starter Kit Calming Diffuser for Cats$24.99Chewy Price$32.99List Price$23.74Autoship Price
- bSerene Pheromone & Catnip Oil Calming Spray for Cats, 2-oz$30.00Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Comfort Zone On-The-Go Breakaway Calming Collar for Cats, 2 count$25.97Chewy Price$29.99List Price$24.67Autoship Price
- Feliway Optimum Enhanced Calming Pheromone 30 Day Cat Diffuser Refill$18.96Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Jackson Galaxy Solutions Solutions Scaredy Cat Solution, 2-oz$27.95Chewy Price$26.55Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredients: (Per 1 Chew) Thiamine (Vitamin B1), C3 Tm (Colostrum Calming Complex), L-Theanine....||Active Ingredients: (Per 2 Soft Chews) L-Tryptophan, Chamomile, Thiamine...||Inactive Ingredients: Cetyl Alcohol, CMC Sodium Methylcellulose, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil...||Brewers Yeast, Canola Oil, Chicken Liver Flavor...||—|
|Lifestage||Adult, Senior, Kitten||Adult, Kitten, Senior||Adult, Senior, Kitten||Adult, Senior, Kitten||Adult|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Liver, Poultry, Meat||—||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Liver, Poultry, Meat||—|
|Breed Size||—||—||—||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
684 Customer Reviews
Great idea in theory
I was really surprised how hard these were. I had hopped for something a little softer, especially since I was giving them to an 11 year old. That being said, she won’t even entertain the idea of them. I’m always looking for ways for my pets to be less stressed and with my increased work schedule I had high hopes this could help her, but back to the drawing board we go!
I got these because my cat hates getting his ears cleaned. He is about 10lbs so I gave him two and then waited 15 mins and cleaned his ears and he didn't seem as bothered as he normally does... However, an hour later he was relaxed as could be because he fell asleep in his litter box, like limp noodle sleep! My cats would not eat the treat unless i broke it into pieces. I will definitely replace when the time calls for it. Every cat is different but i would start off with just one or two chews and see how it goes.
Product works so well! Night and day difference
At first, the only time she would sort of eat it was in her food only to have mild results for a short period of time and then go back to crying again. Plus, her food would not be empty by next feeding time, which was a bit of a concern. But luckily she loves those puree treats. So, after looking at some other reviews of tbis product, i figured I'd grind it super fine, and mixing it in a table spoon with the treat and give it a shot. She eats the full dose in less than 2 minutes and can go back to enjoying her regular food. Great bonding experience when she eats the treat, so she feels rewarded. Also, dont be afraid to give 2 on especially anxious days. These treats work especially well with night time crying and other anxious behavior such as biting/scratching and attacking furniture. These treats, along with pheromone spray diffusers have helped her adjust to her new home and be comfortable.
This product seemed to help one of my cats who is being stressed out by the others. I ran out already, I was also giving it to the other cats to calm them down as well. I will have to order more, it seemed like it was helping.
First time ordering, deisred results with this item
This product is already proving helpful in my work with the shy, fearful cats at a nearby shelter. I particularly noticed reduced anxiety with two cats. A short while after each of them had received one chew, each cat was more relaxed.
Didn't work for us
I bought these because we got a third cat and one of my other cats isn't handling it well despite the new cat being very sweet and gentle. Unfortunately, there was no improvement whatsoever with my other cat's anxiety after a full week of taking the maximum dosage every day. It might be because his reaction seems pretty severe (he literally screams) so these are probably for mild to moderate anxiety.
I give these treats to my cat right before cleaning day or if I have a long day at work and have less time to hang out with her. They put her to sleep -- not like Xanax, but more like melatonin. She seems to like the taste, too!
Actually works and fast results
I had tried a few different brands of calmative treats from the local pet stores. Only one brand calmed our cats down but one cat wouldn't eat the treats unless we mixed it with something else. I saw these here on chewy and I was familiar with the brand as we feed their lysine treats so I thought I'd give them a try. These treats were the winners!! Both cats will eat the treats no problem, and with two treats each it's nap time. Two weeks ago these treats proved their worth. We had a tornado warning + thunder storm so we were all hunkered down in our tiny bathroom for about an hour. The treats started working within 20 minutes, both girls just laid down and took a nap. Would highly recommend these for just in case purposes!
He caught on how the chews calmed him and knocked him out. So he doesn't go crazy over them anymore. I dissolve 2 in warm water and use a medicine dropper to put some in his soft food.
cats won't eat them
My anxious fussy older cats wouldn't touch these after the first taste. But neither will my 9-month-old who loves just about everything. So I have no idea if they help with calming, but extra brushing does, so I'll save my money.