Wagner's Mealworms Wild Bird Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Crafted with one single ingredient—mealworms that are packed with protein!
- Can be served alone or mixed with other Wagner’s wild bird food.
- Suitable for a hopper feeder or a platform feeder.
- Packed in a Velcro-sealed bag to help preserve freshness.
- Made in the USA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kaytee Ultra Waste Free Nut & Raisin Blend Wild Bird Food, 5-lb bag$20.61Chewy Price$22.35List Price$19.58Autoship Price
- C&S No Melt & No Waste Bluebird Nuggets Bird Food, 27-oz bag$6.49Chewy Price$6.17Autoship Price
- Wagner's Backyard Wildlife Premium Squirrel Food, 8-lb bag$9.73Chewy Price$11.48List Price$9.24Autoship Price
- C&S Peanut Suet Nuggets Wild Bird Food, 1.68-lb bag$5.99Chewy Price$5.69Autoship Price
- Valley Farms Deluxe Wild Bird Food, 15-lb bag$27.50Chewy Price$28.40List Price
- Kaytee Birders Blend Wild Bird Food, 16-lb bag$22.99Chewy Price$26.14List Price$21.84Autoship Price
- dealHiggins Protein Egg Bird Food, 5-oz bag$3.49Chewy Price$3.32Autoship Price
- Colorful Companions Black Oil Sunflower Premium Wild Bird Food, 20-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- Wild Delight Woodpecker, Nuthatch N' Chickadee Wild Bird Food, 5-lb bag$17.51Chewy Price$16.63Autoship Price
- Wagner's Gourmet Nut N' Fruit Wild Bird Food, 5-lb bag$12.48Chewy Price$11.86Autoship Price
- C&S High Energy Delight No Melt Suet Dough Wild Bird Food, Case of 8$13.89Chewy Price$13.20Autoship Price
- Harvest Seed & Supply Suet Crunch Wild Bird Food, 8-lb bag$10.99Chewy Price$10.44Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Dried Mealworms.||Dried Mealworms.||Mealworms||Dried Shrimp, Dried Mealworms.||Natural Cricket & Natural Mealworm|
|Bird Type||Wild Bird, Bluebird, Catbird...||Wild Bird, Bluebird, Catbird...||Wild Bird, Bluebird, Catbird...||Chicken, Bluebird, Catbird...||Wild Bird, Bluebird, Catbird...|
|Food Form||Mealworms||Mealworms||Mealworms||Mealworms, Shrimp||Mealworms|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
38 Customer Reviews
Catbirds love them!
I started putting out these dried mealworms for the wrens that frequent my backyard in the Spring, but the minute I first set out the mealworm feeder on my covered patio a pair of catbirds immediately descended on it and claimed it as their own, chasing off the sparrows and grackles that were also interested. I set out these mealworms every evening now, about 1 to 2 hours before sunset, and the catbirds are always waiting. Occasionally, a Carolina wren visits the feeder but prefers to hunt for bugs on the ground below, so now I sprinkle some down there for their benefit. These dried mealworms seem to be very well-received by "my birds", so I will continue buying them from Chewy as long as they continue to take them. This is obviously a quality product!
Love the Velcro closure
These are good quality mealworms, nice and large. But the reason I prefer Wagner’s is the bag. It’s got a Velcro closure strip that makes it easy to deal securely. I save money by buying the larger size because I know the contents won’t go bad or attract pests.
They Went Fast!
These are always popular. I put these out as a special treat for my insect loving birds (I get a lot of woodpeckers for example). I put some on ground feeder because there were several robins that have stayed over winter and come nearly every day to the bird bath where there is fresh water for them. They aren't interested in seed, so I put some of the mealworms down near the bath in case they wanted something to eat (they weren't interested). Some of the other worms went into the hanging "treat" basket, and the others I simply mixed in with the other bird seed. Mealworms are very popular, but I don't buy them very often as the price can be prohibitive, especially if the starlings show up. They don't share, and can empty all the feeders--especially the mealworms and suet-in a matter of minutes. Since the beginning of fall, the local starlings seem to have other places to be, so I sneak the worms out when they aren't there (LOL). I managed to stretch out the bag for a couple of weeks instead of a half hour. Sometimes dried worms can be practically hollow or just in crumbs, but these were surprisingly plump and whole (considering they are dried). Will buy again from time to time--especially for cold snowy days when food is hard to find and the birds need the extra protein for energy. They will also be popular in the spring when the birds like insects and suet to take back for their babies.
disappointed in the condition of my box.
Upon arrival of my order the box had been mistreated. The ends were torn open, and it looked like the box had been opened and resealed with the tape.
A great addition to seed mixes
Of course, bluebirds love mealworms but I have several varieties of woodpeckers and some jays that like them mixed with my regular seed. This brand is clean, dry, and a good price. I buy them all the time.
All the birds love it
You’ll have so many flying in and snacking on the mealworms even though they’re hydrated.
This is an awesome buy! Wasn’t able to find them in local animal/bird supply stores. So glad Chewy had them! Thanks again!
I bought this because I was looking for mealworms that were not from China. Description says made in USA. However the bag says Product of China - Packaged in USA. Very misleading.
Meal worms are greatly appreciated by my insect eating wild birds. They are also appreciated by me since I am now free from dealing with live worms. Thank you!
Honey the hen eats her ration quickly and looks for more