Wagner's Nyjer Seed Premium Wild Bird Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Extra-clean seeds contain high energy content and high levels of fat and protein
- Bags include 150,000 seeds per pound
- Convenient fuzzy fastener press-lock seal ensures freshness every time you open the bag.
- This specialty food will draw finches right to your yard because it's overflowing with extra-clean Nyjer seeds, a longtime favorite of these social songbirds
- Fill up your finch feeder with seeds that are sure to bring small-beaked visitors such as American goldfinches, purple finches, pine siskins and other small songbirds
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Wagner's Finches Deluxe Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$16.48Chewy Price$15.66Autoship Price
- Wagner's Finches Supreme Premium Wild Bird Food, 5-lb bag$12.48Chewy Price$11.86Autoship Price
- Higgins inTune Harmony Parrot Bird Food, 3-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$26.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Wagner's 100% Striped Sunflower Seed Wild Bird Food, 5-lb bag$12.98Chewy Price$12.33Autoship Price
- Wagner's Classic Wild Bird Food, 5-lb bag$8.98Chewy Price$8.53Autoship Price
- Sunseed Vita Prima Parrot Food, 4-lb bag$15.90Chewy Price$24.49List Price$15.11Autoship Price
- Wagner's Midwest Regional Blend Deluxe Wild Bird Food, 20-lb bag$20.98Chewy Price$19.93Autoship Price
- DealKaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health Canary & Finch Food, 2-lb bag$7.95Chewy Price$10.99List Price$7.55Autoship Price
- Higgins Vita Seed Parrot Food, 3-lb$15.00Chewy Price$15.39List Price$14.25Autoship Price
- ZuPreem Natural Daily Small Bird Food, 2.25-lb bag$12.09Chewy Price$17.99List Price$11.49Autoship Price
- Kaytee Fiesta Big Bites Parrot Food, 4-lb bag$22.81Chewy Price$25.99List Price$21.67Autoship Price
- Brown's Encore Natural Poultry Grit Plus Poultry Feed, 16-oz bag$4.99Chewy Price$4.74Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Nyjer Seed.||Nyjer Seed||Nyjer Seed (Bot. Guizotia Abyssinica)||White Millet, Canary Seed, Sunflower Kernels...||Guizotia abyssinica/Niger|
|Bird Type||Wild Bird, Finch||Wild Bird, Chickadee, Dove, Finch, Siskin, Titmouse||Wild Bird, Finch, Redpoll, Siskin||Wild Bird, Finch||Wild Bird, Finch, Bunting, Junco, Redpoll, Siskin|
|Food Form||Birdseed||Birdseed||Birdseed||Seed & Grain Blend||Birdseed|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
138 Customer Reviews
This is good bird food. It encourages cardinals and chickadees which are my favorite birds. And it discourages sparrows, which are not my favorite.
not so great
I was excited to find Nyjer seed at Chewy for about the same price as I get it from a tack and feed store near me. The tack and feed store had been out for some time, so I decided to order it from Chewy. Not a good experience. There are a lot of twigs in with the seed - not the case with what I buy from the tack and feed store - which plugs up the bird feeder. The birds are just not eating this brand. That's shocking to me, because normally I reload their feeder every 3-4 days. I will not purchase this brand again. Very disappointing.
Attracts the most Beautiful finches.
We have such pretty finches with this seed, our backyard filled with them.
Wagners Bird seed
The finches love Wagners bird seeds .The feeder need’s refilling regularly they gobble it up
Rancid seed, burst bag, had to throw out
Had to throw out two bags of this -- both rancid, birds won't touch it. First bag was delivered burst and spilled out in the shipping box; it was replaced free but neither was usable.
Normally, these seeds are plump and the birds gobble them up; but three of the bags I've received in the past year have been unpalatable to the birds. They are small and dusty. The birds peck at them listlessly and then boycott them entirely. When the seeds are good, they're "very good indeed, but when they are bad, they are horrid". The last two bags I received, with an apparent expiration date of 3/2/2024, fall into the horrid category; so I wouldn't recommend ordering this product at this time.
waste of money and time
I bought this because I thought it was the preferred food of finches and some other birds. I had even bought the special feeder from Perky Pet. I put some of this seed into the feeder and hung it on a clothesline near a dwarf pear tree in the back corner of my yard, a few days before a snowstorm. I watched every day, but the only time any small birds(sparrows?) tried to eat from it was during the snowstorm when they were desperate. After about a month with no birds eating from this feeder, I finally started spreading this nyger seed on a ground platform where pigeons and blackbirds, and sparrows eat. They eat some other seeds and suet nuggets there but leave the nyger seed and only eat a small amount as the last resort. I was just reading articles online and found out that finches prefer a mixture of 3 or 4 kinds of seeds including nyger seed, but don't like nyger seed by itself.
Bird sock food
Chewy has the best prices and we’re happy they delivered this heavy package to our home. We fill our sock every day!
Thistle seed for my goldfinches.
Unfortunately one of the bags busted open on the way here. Not Chewy's fault though. I love Chewy ❤️ And the goldfinch love the Wagner seed.
Not attracting birds
No birds have come to the feeder! We’re still watching and waiting. But so far we are disappointed. Not sure if it’s the food or the feeder.