Zilla Fir & Sphagnum Peat Moss Jungle Mix Reptile Bedding
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- 100% natural peat moss and fir blend - ideal for tropical and forest habitats
- Promotes digging, breeding and egg incubation
- Reptiles love the scent and texture
- Holds moisture and increases humidity for humidity loving reptiles
- Ideal for frogs, rainforest geckos, toads and snakes
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Exo Terra Moss Mat Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 29.5-in$8.48Chewy Price$16.99List Price$8.06Autoship Price
- Zilla Terrarium Liner, Green, 30-gal$8.99Chewy Price$10.99List Price$8.54Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Plantation Soil Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 7.2-qt$13.49Chewy Price$13.99List Price$12.82Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Forest Bark Natural Fir Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 24-qt$34.99Chewy Price$33.24Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Desert Sand Terrarium Reptile Substrate, Red, 10-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Coco Husk Tropical Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 7.2-qt, bundle of 3$39.30Chewy Price$41.37List Price$37.33Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Sand Mat Desert Terrarium Reptile Substrate, 11-in$12.45Chewy Price$15.99List Price$11.83Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Riverbed Sand Brown Aquatic Terrarium Substrate, 10-lb bag$15.25Chewy Price$15.99List Price$14.49Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Premium Repti Bark Natural Fir Reptile Bedding, 4-qt bag$7.00Chewy Price$9.99List Price$6.65Autoship Price
- Zilla Ground English Walnut Shell Reptile Bedding, 5-qt bag$10.37Chewy Price$9.85Autoship Price
- Zilla Lizard Litter Aspen Chip Reptile Bedding, 24-qt bag$21.99Chewy Price$25.99List Price$20.89Autoship Price
- Fluker's Hermit Beach Sand Substrate, 6-lb bag$4.54Chewy Price$9.32List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter & Bedding Type||Moss||Moss||Moss||Douglas Fir, Moss||Aspen|
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
15 Customer Reviews
*I loved the moss and fir mixture. It was softer and seemed to stay damp longer than regular sphagnum moss, which my Leo didn't like. Unfortunately, he didn't like this either. We put it in his rock lair, and he refused to go all the way in it. I couldn't figure it out. Finally, I took out the moss, and he went right in! He's outgrown the 6.7" moist hide that you put water on the top. I'm kind of worried about what I'm going to do for keeping him moist for shedding. Btw, he's a 6 mo juvenile who's already 7¼ in.
Maybe..Just Dont Know
That is what I ordered but got Zilla Jungle Mix instead so I dont know how this mix is. The Jungle Mix is good though..I use it all the time.
As I’m setting this up I’ve experienced a lot of splinters not sure if my ball python would like this
Once again I did not read the size, but good amount for price I paid. But this was never to be used in my hermit crab tank...though I might when I need to change out her soil. I bought this solely for my cactus and orchid, and it currently seems to be working spectacularly, its retaining a lot of moisture with out being overly damp, and I don't think either plant suffered to much shock with their replanting.
Eh, it could be better.
Its good and all but the mites and stuff irritate me and my snails. It does hold moisture well and is definitely good, I just dont like the mites issue.
Very large bag and worth the money. We are using for bedding and egg laying for our reptiles and it is a bigger bag than I thought that we would receive. Definitely recommend!
Bedding for snakes
Was not what I expected very splintering and hot to the touch on my hand after 5 minutes not meant for ball pythons in my opinion
I used this for a bit in a dig box but I got splinters everytime I refilled or fluffed it. I'm not sure how well it would work for a soft skinned reptile
I give the bedding itself 4 stars because of how many splinters it's given me. I give the overall product 2 stars because my bag was filled with wood mites. Luckily they are harmless to reptiles and humans but still very unwanted. Seeing tiny specs in a snake enclosure is a big panic starter but they are in fact just wood mites and are harmless. I'm going to stick with the coco bricks since I know they never have mites with them. The good news is if you let the bedding dry out and leave a water dish nearby the mites will all drown themselves.
My Leopard Gecko Love This!
I used this moss to layer the Exo Terra Gecko Cave for Reptiles that I bought for him as his humid home on the warm side of his terrarium. It is now his favorite place to lay. I would say this moss looks and feels more like wood chips. The bag is huge and will last a long time. Such a great and cheap buy!