Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB Compact Fluorescent Reptile Lamp, 26-Watt
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This bulb is perfect for all desert and basking reptiles
- Can be placed either vertically or horizontally and doesn't emit heat
- 5% UVB wavelengths helps prevent metabolic bone disease
- Eliminates the need for a separate ballast
- 30% UVA wavelengths help to increase activity levels, appetite, and reproductive behavior
Quartz glass bulbs should not be touched with bare hands as the oils of the skin will significantly shorten the life of the bulb or cause it to shatter.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Exo Terra Infrared Basking Reptile Spot Lamp, 100-w bulb, 3 count$49.44Chewy Price$50.97List Price
- Exo Terra Swamp Basking Splash Proof Reptile Spot Lamp, 75-w bulb$23.31Chewy Price$25.99List Price$22.14Autoship Price
- Zilla Desert Series Fluorescent Coil Bulb, 20 watts$34.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Exo Terra Intense Basking Reptile Spot Lamp, 25-w bulb$4.70Chewy Price$7.49List Price$4.46Autoship Price
- Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Compact Fluorescent Reptile Lamp, 26-Watt$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Exo Terra Natural Daylight Reptile Lamp, 13-w bulb$18.56Chewy Price$29.99List Price$17.63Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Avian Sun Deluxe Floor UVB Reptile Lamp$59.01Chewy Price$65.99List Price
- dealZoo Med T8 ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Fluorescent Lamp, 18-in$31.03Chewy Price$39.99List Price$29.48Autoship Price
- Fluker's 10-in Reptile Clamp Lamp & Switch$19.99Chewy Price$30.05List Price
- Zoo Med ReptiTherm Habitat Heater, 40W$46.95Chewy Price$59.22List Price
- Zoo Med ReptiCare Rock Heater, Mini$12.52Chewy Price$14.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
Questions & Answers
4 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
6 Customer Reviews
After years of living outside, we had a housefire and had to move into an apartment. We had tried a few different sunlamps, but either they made a noise, weren't actually full spectrum lighting (left an odd purple-reddish tint), or needed an expensive fixture. This lamp is perfect in the Zoo Med fixture we used for her indoor winter home. An inexpensive wide reflector fit the ceramic heater, and we now have a perfect, 90° F basking spot and MBD is reversed! Chewy, as always, excellent customer service and great shipping. Even in the midst of Covid-19
I use this for my turtle's basking area! She is a large turtle, so her basking area light sits about 13 inches away from her actual body, so I have to have the 26 watt bulb because it's longer than the other sizes. It works really well, and provides the uv rays she needs, and she loves it! We combine it with a heating lamp so she's warm and toasty! I've had this on 12 hours a day, everyday for nearly 6 months, and it's still going strong! Definitely recommend.
Zoo med reptisun
Good for chameleons last for 6 to 12 months. Can be used with the dome or rectangular balast.
Pet owner/Reptile enthusiast
Please DO NOT USE FOR BEARDED DRAGONS. They need bulbs that span 2/3-3/4 of their tank (TUBES) so that they get UVB throughout day, not just while basking. They also can harm the eyes of beardies. I do use it for my red eared slider turtle with no problems at this point.
REPTISUN 5.0 UVB
This is the 1st time using this light, but my iguanas and beardie seem to be enjoying basking under it. I have it set up half and half. Half this bulb and half the Repti basking bulb. They lay right in the middle. The bulb really has made a difference in their growth. They are growing and shedding like crazy. And their colors are vibrant and skin is SO shiny! I'm impressed.
Arrived quickly and with no damage. I will order every four months to assure maximum quality light for my beardie.