Davis Maximum Chlorhexidine Dog & Cat Shampoo, 12-oz bottle
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Double the strength for moderate to severe skin conditions.
- Contains 4% chlorhexidine along with moisturizing ingredients and cleansing agents.
- Helps combat microorganisms and bacterial skin conditions.
- Paw-fect for dogs, cats, puppies and kittens
- Proudly made in the USA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Davis Chlorhexidine Dog & Cat Shampoo, 12-oz bottle$15.16Chewy Price$16.25List Price$14.40Autoship Price
- Davis Miconazole Dog & Cat Shampoo, 12-oz bottle$17.10Chewy Price$17.15List Price$16.25Autoship Price
- Zymox Topical Dog & Cat Spray, 2-oz bottle$12.99Chewy Price$16.99List Price$12.34Autoship Price
- TrizCHLOR 4 Wipes for Dogs & Cats, 50 count$10.91Chewy Price$12.99List Price$10.36Autoship Price
- Envirogroom Scram Spray Anti Itch Pet Spray, 16-oz bottle$15.95Chewy Price$19.95List Price$15.15Autoship Price
- VetWELL KetoWell Antiseptic Dog, Cat & Horse Spray, 8-oz bottle$13.99Chewy Price$16.99List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- ResQ Organics Skin Treatment with Manuka Honey Dog & Cat Skin Care, 8-oz jar$39.95Chewy Price$37.95Autoship Price
- M. BARCLAY Soft Spot All-Natural Soothing Dog & Cat Salve, 2-oz jar$16.00Chewy Price$20.00List Price$15.20Autoship Price
- Vetnique Labs Dermabliss Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch & Allergy Relief Soothing & Hydrating Medicated Dog & Cat Spray, 4-oz bottle$17.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Vetericyn FoamCare Medicated Shampoo for Pets, 16-oz spray$18.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$18.04Autoship Price
- TrizCHLOR 4 Spray Conditioner for Dogs, Cats & Horses, 8-oz bottle$16.70Chewy Price$15.86Autoship Price
- Zymox Enzymatic Topical Spray with Hydrocortisone 0.5% for Dogs & Cats, 2-oz bottle$13.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price$13.29Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredient: Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4.0% Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine and Cocamide MEA...||Active Ingredients: 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate, 1% Ketoconazole Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate...||Active Ingredient: Pramoxine Hydrochloride 1% Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer...||Water, ALES, Cocamidapropyl Betaine...||Colloidal Oat Flour, Purified Water, Aloe Vera...|
|Lifestage||Puppy, Adult, Senior||Puppy, Adult, Senior||Puppy, Adult, Senior||Adult, Puppy, Kitten, Senior||Adult|
|Health Feature||N/A||N/A||N/A||Shedding Control, Itch & Redness Remedy, Skin & Coat Health||Itch & Redness Remedy|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||N/A|
Questions & Answers
1 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
11 Customer Reviews
Prescription strength shampoo great for allergies
We were sooo happy to get this from Chewy! Our vet prescribed it to bathe our GSD with grass/oak pollen allergies and it was pricey from their office. It works great and she feels better afterwards.
Medication works but texture not the best
Not crazy about this shampoo. It has a thin consistency and barely lathers. I felt like I needed to use a lot of it. I'm sure it does the job as far as skin irritation, but I won't buy this again.
Works really good
Shampoo worked great on my dog. The vet said it was environmental. I gave her 2 baths a week. Her hair grew back and it took almost a year as she had lost 80% of her hair. She still gets outbreaks on her tail and head(ears, forehead, muzzle) but it's much better overall. When doing the bath in my backyard I leave the shampoo on 10 minutes for best results and then rinse.
best shampoo for itchy skin
My dog started having skin problem as he got older we tried medication which did help but to consistently buy meds to maintain his skin was becoming a expense , This shampoo has helped tremendously in getting rid of flaky crusty skin make sure to follow direction otherwise it won’t work it’s full potential :)
Miracle product !!!
This shampoo has totally cleared up Saige's skin and fur. With a shot from the vet, along with 3 showers a week. Saige is no longer itching constantly, and biting sores into herself. Her fur is soooo soft now. She seems sooo happy & comfortable!! I would totally recommend this shampoo to everyone. Blessings!!!
Stops the itch
Great product for clearing up dermatitis and helping control the itches with dogs that have environmental allergies.
Some what effective
My Westie has canine atopic dermatitis and it is an ongoing struggle to find relief for his constant skin rashes. I have used this product once a week for three weeks now. It does give him some relief, but short lived. I have been using Strawfield Pets Antiseptic + Chlorhexidine Dog, Cat & Horse Wipes between baths on his hot spots. I am hoping that with long term use it will be more effective.
Works like expected!
i would trust my pets to any davis brand product, the are hands down the best!
We have spent an enormous amount of money on shampoos for a dog that we rescued from a local shelter. Poor thing was in horrible shape but had enough energy to run to me with this pitiful look of “ get me out of here”. So I did. The vet has tried everything also. This shampoo is working. He was greasy 2 days after we wash him. So a bath every 2 days was wearing me out. And he’s a German shepherd. BIG! I did a lot of research and found this shampoo and he’s staying soft and clean for 5 days now. If your dog has this problem or any skin conditions , try this. I highly recommend it.
4& Chlorhexidine shampoo for dogs 4%.
The vet prescribed 4% chlorhexidine shampoo to wash the ear of my sweet beagle after another dog got loose, ran across a street, jumped and bit my dog's ear in 3 places. This is antibacterial and does the protective job--no infection.