Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made in the USA by a family-owned company using quality ingredients from trusted domestic and global sources.
- This high-protein (32%) recipe contains real chicken and is specially formulated to support the needs of highly active and sporting dogs.
- This nutrient-rich kibble provides the energy to thrive and contains omega fatty acids for skin and coat health. It also delivers vitamins and minerals from superfoods, including fruits like blueberries and oranges.
- Each serving includes species-specific K9 strain proprietary probiotics, plus antioxidants and prebiotics to help support healthy digestion, immune system health and overall wellness.
- Made without corn, wheat, artificial flavors or colors.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealTrue Acre Foods Grain-Free Chicken & Vegetable Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$54.60Chewy Price$51.87Autoship Price
- Diamond Pro89 Beef, Pork, & Ancient Grains Formula Adult Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- DealTrue Acre Foods Grain-Free Beef & Vegetable Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$54.60Chewy Price$51.87Autoship Price
- DealWholesomes Beef Meal & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$44.39Chewy Price
- DealWholesomes Fish Meal & Rice Formula Adult Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$45.25Chewy Price
- Diamond Naturals Large Breed Adult Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price$41.79Autoship Price
- Diamond Naturals Grain-Free Beef & Sweet Potato Formula Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag, bundle of 2$98.78Chewy Price$103.98List Price$93.84Autoship Price
- Diamond Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula Dry Dog Food, 50-lb bag$42.99Chewy Price$40.84Autoship Price
- Diamond Naturals Large Breed Adult Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- DealBlack Gold Explorer Original Performance Formula 26/18 Dry Dog Food, 50-lb bag$55.65Chewy Price$52.87Autoship Price
- DealWholesomes Chicken Meal & Rice Formula Adult Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$44.39Chewy Price
- DealSPORTMiX CanineX Performance Chicken Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$52.62Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken Meal, Chicken, Ground White Rice...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice...||Beef Meal, Grain Sorghum, Ground White Rice...||Lamb Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Cracked Pearled Barley...|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, High-Protein, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Beef, Meat||Lamb, Meat|
Questions & Answers
33 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
203 Customer Reviews
highest cal/cup for price/quantity
I needed a food with High calorie content, for a good price, and most importantly, a nice ingredient list. Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete tics all of those boxes. I have two dogs; 1 mixed breed & 1 GSP. I used to feed my 58# mixed breed (1 3/4 cups daily) a very pricey brand - about $70 a bag, that would last her ~2months, but when I adopted my 66# GSP (3cups daily) last year we started going through food fast. My German Short Haired Pointer needs a lot of calories due to his activity level. He was eating through $140 a month on our previous brand of dog food - and frankly, through my pockets. I needed a food that wasn't going to break the bank and I prefer an ingredient list you can pronounce - price vs. quality vs. quantity - this food has it all. 2 1/2 40# bags lasts us about three months. *Disclaimer: neither of my two dogs are picky eaters & eat raw/dehydrated for breakfast, kibble is fed only during PM mealtime. Cons: I wish this food came in other proteins/flavors because my gsp has softer bowel movements with Chicken and firmer stools with lamb. My mixed breed has always done well with chicken so she doesn't experience soft stools with this product. Minus 1 star for lack of variety. Otherwise overall satisfied with this product (:
Has the look and feel of cheap food
My dog did not like this food. My dog used to run to the food bowl and not leave until the meal was finished, and rarely had stomach problems. Now she will leave the bowl after a couple bites and come back later. As soon as I opened the bag it seemed like lower quality food than what we were previously feeding. We have since switched back to our old food. would not recommend
Bad Digestion Over Time
This is one of those versions of dry food that over time gives your dog the runs. My other smaller dog did not seem to have this issue, but once I put her on natural food, the problem went away.
My pits love this food and it's been helping them with gaining muscle
A Win for My German Shepherd
I have a German Shepherd that is very active. He's never still. On the large breed food, he wasn't thickening up. His vet told me he needed more protein. He likes this kibble, and his ribs are no longer showing. He is very fit on this food.
My dog all of sudden refuses to eat this food. but only since I started feeding him this last bag I received. I am worried there could be something wrong with the food. I found a few pieces that appear to look moldy.
Ordered a 40lb pound bag for a way cheaper cost than my normal trip to my usual dog food provider. My bully is healthy, definitely ordering again.
We have 2 really nice English Pointers that hunt and play hard. This food put weight on our smaller pointer/he needed it, and kept the weight on the larger one. We will cut their ration back during the off season but, the food seems to work well and they eat it up. We do put some hot water on it and let it soak for a few minutes, when it is really cold outside to make a nice bit of warm gravey.
Our dogs love this food
We switched to this dry dog food recently due to the main ingredients and recommendations we found. Our two wirehaired pointing griffons were very interested when the box arrived and they appear to enjoy it more than our previous brand.
Extreme Athlete is the best
Excellent dog food but I found it $4.00 cheaper at a store. In the past it was a great deal at $43 delivered because that was the same price to buy in stores. Now it's around $47.