Fresh News Unscented Non-Clumping Paper Cat Litter
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
About This Item
- Pellets contain baking soda to quickly neutralize litter tray odors.
- Low tracking, soft pellets retain their form, helping to reduce pellets from sticking to your cat or kittens paws and tracking around your home.
- 3X more absorbent than clay.
- Made with 100% recycled paper, Fresh News is biodegradable and helping to reduce landfill space and save trees from being harvested!
- 99% dust free and 100% non-allergenic.
Made with 100% Recycled Paper.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Unscented Non-Clumping Recycled Paper Cat Litter, 25-lb bag$18.58Chewy Price$17.65Autoship Price
- Frisco Tofu Clumping Cat Litter, 7-lb bag$17.05Chewy Price$18.00List Price$16.20Autoship Price
- Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Touch of Outdoors Unscented Clumping Clay & Natural Prairie Grasses Cat Litter, 40-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- dealNaturally Fresh Pellet Unscented Non-Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 10-lb bag$7.99Chewy Price$9.99List Price$7.59Autoship Price
- Okocat Mini Pellets Unscented Clumping Wood Cat Litter, 22.2-lb box$22.99Chewy Price$23.99List Price$21.84Autoship Price
- Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Unscented Non-Clumping Crystal Cat Litter, 8-lb bag$19.53Chewy Price$19.99List Price$18.55Autoship Price
- Catalyst Pet Multi-Cat Formula Cat Litter, 20-lb bag$23.99Chewy Price$22.79Autoship Price
- Okocat Super Soft Clumping Wood Unscented Cat Litter, 11.2-lb box$14.99Chewy Price$16.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Nature's Logic All Natural Pine Unscented Non-Clumping Wood Cat Litter, 12-lb bag$9.99Chewy Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Dr. Elsey's Stress Protection Unscented Non-Clumping Crystal Cat Litter, 7.5-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Simply Pine Unscented All-Natural Pine Pellet Cat Litter, 20-lb bag, bundle of 2$21.98Chewy Price$20.88Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
29 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
315 Customer Reviews
Human and Cats Loved This Litter!
I was forced to find a new litter after I abruptly found out Yesterday's News was no longer going to be manufactured. I had been using that litter for years. WELL....I tried this litter and actually like it WAY better!! There's absolutely no dust (which is number one for me when looking for litter), softer pellets and since it contains baking soda no pee odor. Also, I had been changing litter every 3-4 days with old litter (due to odor) but with this new litter, the pellets last a lot longer between litter box changes so am back to changing litter once a week! My two cats adjusted it to it immediately. Would definitely recommend this litter!
Like many others I had to find a replacement for Yesterday's News cat litter. I've never had a urine smell in the house until I started using this product. I have 9 cats. I searched for days to find an "accident". Once I thoroughly washed the only litter box (out of 8) that was upstairs using this litter, the odor disappeared but came back after 2 days. So I'm adding baking soda to the litter until I find a better alternative.
So Far So Good
Tried this as a replacement for Yesterday's News which we loved for over 10 years. So far the cats like it. Not dusty which is also good. Odor is limited. Why someone would package an environmentally friendly litter in a big plastic bag is beyond me. I am finding that I need to use a larger quantity of this litter to achieve the same result I did before. That may end up making it less cost effective. Time will tell.
This is great!
I was sooo stressed when I saw Yeatserdays News was no longer going to be available. It was by far the best cat litter I had found over the 35 years of having cats. However, while searching for something comparable I came across this as a suggestion. Whew and after reading reviews I gave it a try. So similar but with less dust! My cats are fine with the switch and I am too. Little less expensive as well Thanks Chewy!
Great Paper Cat Litter
I was a long time buyer of Purina's Yesterday's News Original Unscented Non-Clumping Paper Cat Litter, which I now have heard is being discontinued. I was devastated as this was my default litter to use as I cannot stand the smell of non-paper litters. My cats always loved it and it did not seem chemical-y. So, I was so happy to find Fresh News Unscented Non-Clumping Paper Cat Litter. It's not exactly the same but I like it just as much. My cats have a shared litter and they don't seem to notice a difference. So, I am very happy to have an alternative paper cat litter to purchase again on a regular basis. I find the non-clumping paper litters don't have that cat litter smell to them.
Safe Litter but I like Yesterday's News better when it's available
I ordered this litter when Chewy was out of Yesterday's News original. It's a good replacement as a safe litter though harder to scoop and identify old used litter in the box. It's a larger form than Yesterday's News.I have four bags of this to use up but will go back to Yesterday's News when available.
I've used Yesterday's News cat litter for years but it is now being discontinued. I decided to give Fresh News cat litter a try and it is awesome! My cats are fine with it and it works great! Happy to have found a new cat litter.
This is a great litter. I have a senior cat with 4 litter boxes. Her normal litter is being discontinued so I needed to find something else. She doesn’t like clay litters and her regular litter is also a recycled paper so I figured we’d try this. In one of her boxes I mixed this with her regular litter and in one box I used only this litter to see if she would notice a difference, and her other 2 boxes were just the old litter incase she rejected this one. She seems to prefer the box that is only the Fresh News litter! It contains odors as well, if not better than the old litter, and tracks less as well. The one difference is it’s a light color and it’s harder to tell the soiled litter from the non soiled litter. My cat always does her business in the corner or edges of her box so the center is usually clean. That makes it easier to see where she went potty. The litter does puff up when it gets wet just not as much as her old one did. Still, that’s a minor issue and over all, I would recommend this litter. The 25lb bag is about the same volume as the 30lb bag of her old litter and it’s a bit cheaper which is also a plus since she insists on having 4 boxes! The pellets seem to be a little softer even though they are a little bit bigger. This litter is an excellent choice for us so far.
Best litter I’ve ever used
I used Yesterday’s News until it was discontinued but honestly I like this one even more. It kicks up less dust than YN did when pouring it out of the bag.
Needs work before it'll be a decent cat litter
First of all, what's up with packing an environmentally friendly litter in plastic bags?? There should be no reason why it can't be sold in sturdy paper bags. Now with that out of the way, I really wish I could love this litter, but it's just a pain in the butt to maintain. The unsoiled pellets are too big to fall through the scooper, and the soiled pellets disintegrate quickly into mushy bits that DO fall through the scooper. Also, my cats don't like the texture under their feet. The only really great things about this litter are the extremely low dust and tracking. If the manufacturer found a way to offer a clumping version with pellets about half the size, I might try it again, but until then this litter is Bad News for my household.