Frisco Steel Extra Tall Auto-Close Dog Gate, 41-in Height
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Measures 41 inches in height and with the 6.9 inch extension can fit door frame openings of 29” – 32” and 36” – 38”.
- Assembly requires just a screwdriver or a drill and a pencil for effortless setup and take-down—the pressure-mount system makes it easy to install in about 10 minutes, and take it down even faster.
- Security and convenience with a double-lock safety release system and self-closing door. The door stays open when opened past 90 degrees.
- All-steel construction is durable and lightweight for portability and easy storage.
- Turn any room of the house into a safe place for your pet to stay and lounge.
Note: A drill or screwdriver will be required for wall mounting if not using the stickers included. For pet use only. Must install with the included wall cups. Bar spacing is between 1.8" - 2.5”, determined pets may be able to jump over gate.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Carlson Pet Products 36-in Extra Tall Dog Gate, Large, Black$52.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Carlson Pet Products 30-in Extra Wide Dog Gate, Large, Black$66.49Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Frisco Wood Accents Extra Tall Auto-close Dog Gate, 41-in, Black$64.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Metal Pattern Extra Tall Auto-close Dog Gate, 41-in, Black$74.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Wood & Metal Extra Wide Auto-close Dog Gate, 30-in, Expresso$55.57Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- Summer Decorative Wood & Metal Pressure Mounted Dog Gate$98.49Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- Scandinavian Pet Streamline Extra Tall Wall Mounted Dog Gate, White$79.99Chewy Price
- Regalo Easy Step Walk-Through Gate, 30-in$37.49Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Frisco Steel 3-Panel Configurable Dog Gate, 30-in, White$76.05Chewy Price
- Frisco Metal Geometric Pattern Extra Wide Auto-close Dog Gate, 30-in, Gray$71.99Chewy Price$79.99List Price
- Frisco Steel Extra Wide Auto-Close Dog Gate, 30-in, Gray$41.99Chewy Price
- Cardinal Gates Outdoor Dog Gate, Black$86.88Chewy Price$124.95List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Material||Steel, Plastic, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Wood, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Wood, Metal||Steel, Metal||Steel, Metal|
|Gate Type||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Hardware Mounted|
|Gate Feature||—||Walk-Through||—||Walk-Through, Stair Compatible, Chew-Resistant, Locking||Pet Door, Walk-Through|
Questions & Answers
32 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
567 Customer Reviews
Finally she can't jump it.
I got a new little Reb Fox Lab. We used the standard baby gate at the door way to keep her safe. She was able to jump the gate with the first 2 weeks of owning her. She was 10 weeks old and jumping a gate. The fear!! I need a better alternative. I see this extra tall gate and new I had to have it. It arrived in 2 days. I set it up the same day very easily. I have had it now for about 2 to 3 weeks and Graham has not even attempted to jump the gate. And I like that i don't have to climb over a gate anymore I can just easily open the door and walk through.
Good and sturdy and good for cats!
Actually bought this for our cats. Gotta keep the older ones separate from the younger ones. We put it at the top of the stairs. It is really helpful because it doesn't need to be drilled into the wall. One of the buggers got through because there is a gap where the door bar is, but my husband attached a piece of cardboard and zip strips to block the gap. Another reviewer did the same thing and gave us the idea!
41" high gates
These gates are awesome! They self close . They are safe. They look really nice. I'm able to walk thru the gate opening with the vacuum cleaner. I'm very happy with the gates. Only concern was that somewhere in transit one of the gates had gotten a circular quarter sized scratch off the black painted surface which I didn't notice until I put it up.
Latch broke in under 1 year
The latch mechanism broke with in 1 year. Chewy should offer replacement parts so the latch assembly can be replaced. Chewy make the manufacturer use screws instead of rivets on the latch assembly. I'm so tired of poor Chinese quality and copycat designs, have this gate manufactured in the USA.
I've had this gate not even a year, I bought it in september and the latch broke. The grey tab fell out of the mechanism and now there's nothing left to latch with. This gate keeps my cat in our wing of my in law's house because their cat is aggressive and attacks her nonstop, so now I have to try to find another option. There is no door on our hallway and I can't put her in our room and shut that door because our room doesn't get good air flow from the ac. I do not recommend this gate. I hoped it would last alot longer than a year, especially at this price.
Not recommended for kittens or active cats
We adopted a 3 month old kitten and used this as a way to slowly introduce him to our adult cat. The bars are wide enough so he can walk through them. We covered it with cardboard but then after 2-3 days, the kitten jumped over the fence. I was hoping to have at least a month of usage but we didn’t even make it to a week. My older cat doesn’t jump that much so it wasn’t a problem with her but it’s purely decorative with the kitten. Aside from that, the gate seems sturdy enough and was easy to install. I would check your measurements for the doorway with the listed specs. There is a 1-2” gap in width that it won’t support even with the extension and you’ll need to figure out a hack for it. It will fit most standard doorways though.
Excellent all around
Gate came on time and packaging was very well done. I had absolutely no problem putting gate up. Did it by myself and I am almost 80. I got it to keep 2 kittens from interacting with the dogs until they all get used to each other. 2 sections on gate were wider than the rest of gate and kittens could slip through. I put a noodle around a gate post on each side of door and that solved the problem of them slipping through and can easily be removed when they are larger and not able to get through.
Tall, but not so sturdy.
Yes it's tall. Yes it's at a reasonable price. But not as strong as a shorter metal one we had. There seems to be only one latching point with the design... nothing holds at the bottom. I'm afraid eventually our big lab is going to plow right through.
It is suppose to be a dog gate, but the quality is not there. I have had it for 3 days and the dog has destroyed it. The top is all plastic, easily chewed up.
Nice tall gate
Just received today and installed. We had a 31 inch gate that was no match for our beagle Houdini. He jumps it with no effort. Don't think he can jump this one. Time will tell. Nicely made gate. Reviews about the latch breaking are concerning so we will be extra careful with it. All in all I would recommend this gate.