Frisco Steel Extra Tall Auto-Close Dog Gate, 41-in Height
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Measures 41 inches in height and with the 6.9 inch extension can fit door frame openings of 29” – 32” and 36” – 38”.
- Assembly requires just a screwdriver or a drill and a pencil for effortless setup and take-down—the pressure-mount system makes it easy to install in about 10 minutes, and take it down even faster.
- Security and convenience with a double-lock safety release system and self-closing door. The door stays open when opened past 90 degrees.
- All-steel construction is durable and lightweight for portability and easy storage.
- Turn any room of the house into a safe place for your pet to stay and lounge.
Note: A drill or screwdriver will be required for wall mounting if not using the stickers included. For pet use only. Must install with the included wall cups. Bar spacing is between 1.8" - 2.5”, determined pets may be able to jump over gate.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Regalo Extra Tall Arched Decor Dog Gate, Bronze, 35-in$51.49Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Scandinavian Pet Streamline Extra Tall Wall Mounted Dog Gate, White$79.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Wood Accents Extra Tall Auto-close Dog Gate, 41-in, Black$64.99Chewy Price
- Carlson Pet Products 30-in Extra Wide Dog Gate, Large, Silver$49.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Regalo Easy Open Extra Wide Walk-Through Gate, 30-in$44.99Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Carlson Pet Products 36-in Extra Tall Dog Gate, Large, Black$52.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- MidWest Steel Pet Gate, White, 39-in$59.99Chewy Price$113.99List Price
- Regalo Easy Step Walk-Through Gate, 30-in$39.33Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Summer Decorative Wood & Metal Pressure Mounted Dog Gate$98.49Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- MyPet Tall Happy Tails Walk Thru Dog Gate, 36-in, White$69.65Chewy Price$80.99List Price
- Regalo Easy Step Extra Tall Walk-Through Gate, Black$49.98Chewy Price$69.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||All Breeds|
|Material||Steel, Plastic, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Wood, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Wood, Metal||Steel, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Metal|
|Gate Type||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Hardware Mounted||Pressure Mounted|
|Gate Feature||—||Walk-Through||—||Pet Door, Walk-Through||—|
Questions & Answers
32 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
551 Customer Reviews
I've had this gate not even a year, I bought it in september and the latch broke. The grey tab fell out of the mechanism and now there's nothing left to latch with. This gate keeps my cat in our wing of my in law's house because their cat is aggressive and attacks her nonstop, so now I have to try to find another option. There is no door on our hallway and I can't put her in our room and shut that door because our room doesn't get good air flow from the ac. I do not recommend this gate. I hoped it would last alot longer than a year, especially at this price.
Not recommended for kittens or active cats
We adopted a 3 month old kitten and used this as a way to slowly introduce him to our adult cat. The bars are wide enough so he can walk through them. We covered it with cardboard but then after 2-3 days, the kitten jumped over the fence. I was hoping to have at least a month of usage but we didn’t even make it to a week. My older cat doesn’t jump that much so it wasn’t a problem with her but it’s purely decorative with the kitten. Aside from that, the gate seems sturdy enough and was easy to install. I would check your measurements for the doorway with the listed specs. There is a 1-2” gap in width that it won’t support even with the extension and you’ll need to figure out a hack for it. It will fit most standard doorways though.
Excellent all around
Gate came on time and packaging was very well done. I had absolutely no problem putting gate up. Did it by myself and I am almost 80. I got it to keep 2 kittens from interacting with the dogs until they all get used to each other. 2 sections on gate were wider than the rest of gate and kittens could slip through. I put a noodle around a gate post on each side of door and that solved the problem of them slipping through and can easily be removed when they are larger and not able to get through.
Nice tall gate
Just received today and installed. We had a 31 inch gate that was no match for our beagle Houdini. He jumps it with no effort. Don't think he can jump this one. Time will tell. Nicely made gate. Reviews about the latch breaking are concerning so we will be extra careful with it. All in all I would recommend this gate.
Best gate I’ve purchased
This is the third gate I have purchased in an attempt to keep my acrobatic Cat Charity from entering one room. Charity was able to easily “fly over” the prior two gates I purchased from a store. This gate is much taller and thankfully more of a challenge for Charity to jump over.
Okay but not great
You cant have the door closed and the gate up because its tall enough that it goes above the doorknob, thus preventing the knob from having room when you want the door to be closed. I also received one of the pieces that you're supposed to pressurize against the doorframe, bent, so it will not sit flat against the doorframe, making it overall less sturdy because it cannot pressurize against the door frame correctly. Still recommend the item though despite these few flaws.
Blocks door from closing
This gate is sturdy and easy to set up. Jo complaints on the gate itself. However, the height is the issue. I wanted something my dog can’t jump over but unfortunately the height is just above the standard height for a doorknob. This means the gate blocks the door from being able to close. Without a doorknob on the door the door could close, but you need a knob and the profile of the knob makes that impossible. Gonna have to return for this reason as I still want to be able to close my bedroom door
I got the tall 41 inch gate to keep our carpet area cleaner and dog free. It was easy to install, easy to use and has kept my jumper from the back hallway!!
Great Product but Cat Owners Beware
This Frisco gate is well constructed and easy to assemble and put in place, but not well suited to an athletic cat. We had one of the 30 inch high gates that we had used effectively to keep our cat out of a closet. When we tried it with a new cat, he took about 10 seconds to leap right over. OK, so we got the 41 inch high version. Same result! Apparently these gates really are only for dogs or VERY docile cats.
Want to love but faulty latch
This gate is absolutely perfect for what we needed. I love that the gate swings two ways and will stay open if pushed far enough over. Sturdy and tall enough for our big shoe snatching monster puppy. It keeps him out of our mud room. Sadly, pieces keep falling out of the latch mechanism. I’m afraid the latch won’t lock before too long. Disappointed!