Frisco Steel Extra Wide Auto-Close Dog Gate, 30-in Height
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Measures 30 inches in height and with the 6.9", 8" or 12" inch extension can fit door frame openings:
29” – 32” / 36” – 40” / 41” - 46.5” / 48” – 52”. To maintain stability do not use more than 2 extensions on either side of the gate.
- Assembly requires just a screwdriver or a drill and a pencil for effortless setup and take-down—the pressure-mount system makes it easy to install in about 10 minutes, and take it down even faster.
- Security and convenience with a double-lock safety release system and self-closing door. The door stays open when opened past 90 degrees.
- All-steel construction is durable and lightweight for portability and easy storage.
- Turn any room of the house into a safe place for your pet to stay and lounge.
Note: A drill or screwdriver will be required for wall mounting if not using the stickers included. For pet use only. Must install with the included wall cups. Bar spacing is between 1.8" - 2.5”, determined pets may be able to jump over gate.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- dealFrisco Steel Extra Tall Auto-Close Dog Gate, 41-in, Black$46.82Chewy Price
- Frisco Wood Accents Extra Tall Auto-close Dog Gate, 41-in, Black$64.99Chewy Price
- MidWest Steel Pet Gate, Graphite, 39-in$60.53Chewy Price$113.99List Price
- Frisco Wood & Metal Extra Wide Auto-close Dog Gate, 30-in, Expresso$64.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Steel 3-Panel Configurable Dog Gate, 30-in, Black$71.02Chewy Price
- Carlson Pet Products 30-in Extra Wide Dog Gate, Large, Silver$49.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Frisco Wood & Metal Extra Tall Auto-close Dog Gate, 41-in, Expresso$64.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Metal Pattern Extra Wide Auto-close Dog Gate, 30-in, Gray$74.99Chewy Price
- MyPet Windsor Arch Pet Gate for Dogs & Cats$61.46Chewy Price$84.99List Price
- MyPet Paws Portable Pet Gate, Light Gray$29.99Chewy Price
- Summer Decorative Wood & Metal Pressure Mounted Dog Gate$98.49Chewy Price$99.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||All Breeds||All Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Material||Steel, Plastic, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Metal||Wood||Steel, Metal||Coated Metal, Metal|
|Gate Type||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Free Standing||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted|
|Gate Feature||—||—||Foldable||Walk-Through, Stair Compatible, Chew-Resistant, Locking||Walk-Through|
Questions & Answers
35 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1049 Customer Reviews
STRONG DURABLE WORTH THE MONEY
We were gifted a puppy during quarantine and as you can see he is husky mixed. He was very destructive as a puppy, so we decided to purchase these gates to close off a section for him where he can stay while we are gone. We don’t like crates because they are not roomy for dogs. These gates are WOW! I posted pictures of all the destruction he made in his little space, he literally created holes in the wall, and scratched the walls until there was no more wall lol. His puppy phase is over and we covered up all the holes and till this day, the gates are still up and sturdy. We don’t use them anymore because he has outgrown his destructive phase but as you can see, these gates will last you!!! He would try to bite them, put his legs on them and jump hoping they would fall, but nope! They stayed up! Definitely recommend!
Lacks Long Term Durability
The item received was great at first! The installation was easy enough and worked as advertised for a while. However, approximately 6 months in, the item began to fail staying in the opened position. The item was installed correctly and was level but it would no longer click into the open position. This was fine because we could just open the door to go in and out without issue. Unfortunately, now 1.5 years after purchase, the lever has failed. The gray locking mechanism that holds the door in place when the door is shut does not freely move meaning the door cannot be opened or closed without forcefully pushing on the door. In order to prevent being trapped, you must use the levers on the bottom to keep the door ajar at all times which defeats the entire purpose of the gate. Even with gentle use, the item is not built to last.
We have used several baby gates to keep dog and cats separated, but as the years go by, stepping over isn’t really a great option! This is easy to install, and so easy to operate! The older cat still doesn’t believe he can jump it at 36”, but can still easily scale a 6’ fence. He prefers to sit and cry until we open it for him, but this is clearly just another part of our training! He can not really balance on top of it as it is thinner, but the other cat has no issues and the dog totally respects the boundary. Great gate with several options for sizing all included.
Adjustable Width Puppy Gate
My Masters didn’t want me to get to the front door hallway since I’m only a puppy, so they installed this fabulous adjustable gate! It helps to keep me safe until I grow up, and limits where I can have “an accident”. It installed easily with adjustable ends with nice wall cups to not mark up the walls. The gate works great (for my Masters)!
NOT FOR USE AT TOP OF STAIRS
This is a very attractive, versatile gait at a good price point. That being said, we need to request a return. There is a tag upon opening that says NOT FOR USE AT TOP OF STAIRS. That is exactly where we need the pet gate and have no use for it anywhere else. I would like Chewy to put that on the description on the website so as to save others the aggravation of dealing with a return.
Latch broke within days
This gate was the perfect size for our space and needs. It was easy to install and considerably cheaper than the baby gate alternatives. However the latch seems to jam easily in the up position. For us this doesn’t entirely hinder the functionality—our dog doesn’t push through the gate. However for people who require a latched gate as opposed to a gate that stays shut without being latched, consider alternatives.
Great for the 1st year
This was a perfect gate for the first year... then, as others posted, the latch started sticking, making it unable to open. Too high for me to climb over. After a while, it just broke, so it's unable to stay shut. I think it's too late to get a replacement, but one would hope that this would have lasted well over a year or 2....
Perfect for my pets
Followed video for installation and it works perfectly. Tall enough to keep the dog away from the cat food and there's enough room on one end for the cats to go through. The bars are a little too narrow. They could jump over, but they are elderly so the space on one side works out just fine. The gate does everything it's supposed to. Also the gate is wide enough when open to easily pass through carrying a laundry basket. Very pleased with this gate.
I got this gate about to be a year ago & I honestly love it! It’s super durable, the lock on the gate is sturdy. I love how it comes with extra pieces just in case you need them I HIGH recommend
Keep Out Gate
I purchased the extra wide automatic closing dog gate and it works great. My dog is unable to bust through as he would have done in the past. He can't jump over the gate either which is a plus for me. All in all, I am quite satisfied with the purchase.