Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Low Fat Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Formulated to support your pup’s overall digestive wellness.
- This low fat food is created with highly digestible protein.
- Actively promotes healthy digestion while ensuring proper nutrient absorption.
- ActivBiome+ technology activates beneficial gut bacteria and a healthy microbiome balance.
- Prebiotic blend aids in regular bowel movements and gastrointestinal health.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Low Fat Original Flavor Pate Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Small Bites Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 7-lb bag$47.99Chewy Price$45.59Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic + Mobility Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$112.99Chewy Price$107.34Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Turkey Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Multi-Benefit Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$108.99Chewy Price$103.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$56.99Chewy Price$54.14Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Low Fat Rice, Vegetable & Chicken Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$52.99Chewy Price$50.34Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Low Fat Dry Dog Food, 28.6-lb bag$119.99Chewy Price$113.99Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 16-lb bag$81.99Chewy Price$77.89Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$52.99Chewy Price$50.34Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Multi-Benefit Vegetable & Chicken Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal...||New: Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal...||Potatoes, Potato Starch, Venison...||Potatoes, Potato Starch, Salmon...||Water, Corn Starch, Egg Product...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, Low Fat, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Venison, Meat||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Weight Management||Digestive Health, Calming||Skin & Coat Health||Skin & Coat Health||Brain Health, Senior Care|
Questions & Answers
18 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
955 Customer Reviews
My dog won’t eat it anymore
My dog has pancreatitis and has been on this food for over a year, but recently she has been refusing it. She eats the canned, she eats her treats that I bake from the canned, and even mixed with warm water and the canned, she will not touch it. What has Hill’s done to this food? These dogs have to have this food, this is a serious issue! Please, Hill’s, fix this!
Diet for pancreatitis
Our border collie rescue has chronic pancreatitis and this is the only dry food she can eat without problem. (She even tried the diet that's specifically supposed to be for pancreatitis and that didn't help!) She can be a picky eater, too, but she eats it without hesitation. This prescription food is awfully expensive, and the wet food more so, but she's totally worth it.
Sent Low-Fat version
Ordered this through chewy and was sent the low-fat version and I do not believe my dog likes it. I already opened it and have been trying to get him to eat it so I do not believe I am able to get a return :( I will just have to mix some chicken and rice with it to make him eat it. He needs to be on the i/d digestive care and the photos of the dog on the front is not the same and nowhere does it say lowfat on the image of the package... just in the small description.
Changed my dog's life!
When my Bear was diagnosed with pancreatitis, he was one sick sweet dog! Before that, he'd had issues but I never could figure out what was wrong and neither did Vet I went to before I switched. My new vet prescribed Hills low fat and everything changed for Bear! I'm strict about his diet now, too. No people food other than maybe some apple slices on occasion. He eats this and the Hills low fat in the can. I also give him Hills low fat treats. He also has another brand of treats that are low fat that I buy from Chewy. But the Hills digestive care has turned everything around. Bear's coat is shinier. His stools look normal for the first time in years. He has more energy. He lost a little weight. He's one happy dog! And, he eats it up so I guess it tastes great to him too. He prefers the canned version but I don't feed him that as often as the dry. Love this food and love Chewy for delivering it so quickly to me. They're super friendly and helpful too. Recommend!
Low-fat food, not a good taste
My dog Sebastian recently had to be switched to a low-fat diet due to reoccurring pancreatitis. This was the initial vet recommendation, but he tends to be picky and refused to eat this. I've also seen other reviews saying that they have changed the formula. Overall, just didn't work out for us.
Hills Prescription I/D Dog Food
Chewy - The I/D Hills Prescription Dog food has a different size and shape kibble than the sample bag I purchased from the veterinarian. It was a large bag than the sample. Vet bag kibble was round and larger than the chewy bag; the Chewy bag kibble was a triangular shape. Overall it appears to be working OK. Why would the kibbles be different if it is the same dog food? Also, the Chewy bag has "low fat" on it. Do not remember if the sample bag had it, too. Thanks, Don
Quick shipping (when in stock)
This is the food my vet recommended for my senior corgi and she honestly dances when she hears the lid being peeled from the can. She has pancreatitis, arthritis in her back and had gained weight due to less activity. I'm happy to say she's lost weight and coupled with Dasuquin (sp) for her joints and Gabapentin for her back, she's livelier and can't wait for her next meal.
Sophie has been on Hills Low ID canned for about a year and I thought she needed some crunch to her lunch. I mix the “kibble” with her canned Low ID stew and she really seems to enjoy! During the day I give her some of the “kibble” as a treat from my hand and that little tail wags. Of course I checked with her Vet first.
New formula doesn't sit well
My dog had been With I/D care small bites for a year, and we can’t get that anywhere anymore, so I decided to try this very similar kibble instead. I first mixed it with her old food; she had a bit of trouble, as expected, but nothing significant. After one month and with no small bites left, I started feeding her this new formula only, and Oh Boy! Colitis is back. There is probably some new ingredient that my poor dog is intolerant to. I wish we could get her old ID small bites again.
My dog loves this food
My vet recommended this food because my dog was having pancreas problems. I was skeptical at first since my dog isn’t good with eating new food. But she loves this food and it is great to know that she is eating something good for her.