Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome with Chicken Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Specially crafted by Hill’s nutritionists and vets to support your pet’s digestive health.
- Promotes regular, healthy stool.
- Contains ActiveBiome+ ingredient technology to help activate beneficial gut bacteria and support a healthy GI microbiome balance.
- Features a proprietary blend of prebiotic fibers to promote regular bowel movements and help balance digestion.
- Contains generous levels of omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$38.99Chewy Price$37.04Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Multi-Benefit with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$30.99Chewy Price$29.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$57.99Chewy Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$63.99Chewy Price$60.79Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care + Mobility Care with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 6.35-lb bag$58.99Chewy Price$56.04Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Cat Food, 2.9-oz, case of 24$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Satiety Support Weight Management Loaf in Sauce Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$66.96Chewy Price$63.61Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Early Support with Chicken Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$33.99Chewy Price$32.29Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Gastrointestinal Loaf in Sauce Canned Cat Food, 5.1-oz, case of 24$71.76Chewy Price$68.17Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet s/d Urinary Care Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food, 4-lb bag$31.99Chewy Price$30.39Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet r/d Weight Reduction Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food, 8.5-lb bag$55.99Chewy Price$53.19Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care with Chicken Wet Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24$66.99Chewy Price$63.64Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit||—||—|
|Top Ingredients||Water, Beef By-Products, Chicken...||Water, Chicken, Pork Liver...||Water, Chicken, Pork Liver...||Yellow Peas, Pea Protein, Venison...||Brown Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat...|
|Special Diet||Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Weight Control, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, Veterinary Diet||Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Venison, Meat||Seafood & Fish|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health||Weight Management||Urinary Tract Health||Skin & Coat Health||Kidney Care|
Questions & Answers
14 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
237 Customer Reviews
Tirzah bad belly
I decided to take my kitty girl to a different vet. After coming off prozac for aggressive behavior, Tirzah had diarrhea. She eats good, and drinks plenty of fresh water and plays, sleeps good. But the diarrhea wouldn't go away. I mean we tried everything. I took her to a different vet, rather than the long time vet she'd been seeing. Doc suggested this food and to see how it goes. If nothing g changes we will do tests. We'll we are happy to say that the food is helping heal her belly. The diarrhea is less and more solid poohs. She loves this food. She seems happier and more lively. No prozac. No bad belly. Well behavior and happy girl.
I am shocked that the price of this already expensive food has gone up. Over $60 per bag is ridiculous. My cat thinks the flavor is "ok". Sometimes he likes it better than others. It does help with his sensitive stomach and digestive problems. I am hesitant to switch for that reason and I think Chewy/Hill's is taking advantage of those who are stuck in my same predicament.
Helped my constipated cat
If your kitty has issues going to the bathroom, give this a try. I was so concerned and so desperate to help my baby. I think she had always had a tendency for constipation because she passed very hard pebbles and she didn’t drink much water but at some point she hadn’t pooped in 3 days and was straining in the litter box so i took her to the vet. They did tests etc and gave her a laxative but i knew i wanted a more long term solution so i changed her to this food. She has been off laxatives for a week and is pooping regularly every 1.5 days or so, really normal bowel movements, better than ever. This really took a huge weight off my shoulders. Great cat food!!!
Great prescription product
As a prescription product, to treat constipationi in my cat, this product proved very effective. Within two weeks she produced enough feces in one day for me to believe the blockage was cleared. Within the first week, she seemed to be better as it was just being introduced, but she really does not seem to care for it as a complete meal. Expensive.
Improved digestion and poop
Our vet recommended Gastrointestinal Biome for one of our cats who has been having a problem with loose stool and getting poop stuck in his fur. He was also butt scooting on our carpet to clean his butt. It has taken a while, but his poop is not as soft and is not getting stuck in his fur as frequently as it used to. We occasionally see some softer poop when he is particularly stressed or has been getting too many treats, but this has definitely improved his digestion.
My cat is a rescue who had been hit by a car. Because of the trauma and subsequent tale reputation he has had bowel issues. He is at risk for Mega colon in the future. I was advised to give him Miralax. Unfortunately he is not a big fan of wet food so getting MIRALAX in daily was an issue. He would also drop "doodles" around the house because they would be pasty and stick to his tail. Vet suggested I try prescription food. Its amazing. I mix half of Biome with his favorite dry food. He has normal stools and much less frequent stray "doodles" :D The competing dry prescription food was okay but this suits him much better
Nice kibble for
Used this dry food to help my kitten with tummy issues when we first adopted her. As far as we could tell, it seemed to help her. Gave 4/5 stars, because my cat did not love the taste of this kibble.
It works as it's supposed to
My cat had been having serious large intestine blockage while on the prescription c/d. Our vet recommended we switch to this as something that both helps the digestive system and prevents urinary crystals. His bowel movements are back to normal and so far no signs of urinary issues either.
My 4 year old Ragdoll mix had Giardia as a kitten and has had chronic intermittent diarrhea his entire life, and no one has ever been able to figure out why. I've tried multiple "sensitive digestion" foods, but he would still randomly have bouts of diarrhea. I asked my vet about this food, she said it couldn't hurt. He's only been eating it about two weeks now (gradually introducing it). This is the only time I've ever changed his food that he didn't get diarrhea. Fingers crossed it stays that way!
Great product great service
My cat is 16 years old and has always had stomach issues until Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome. Having trouble getting the canned food right now, not available anywhere. Chewy is amazing and should be a model company for everyone!